Favorite app - PhotoPills

I have been using this wonderful app for a while now to look at a site I want to photograph and preview where (what direction) the sun will rise and set at that location. Yes, I know, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west! BUT, I can't always figure out what the east/west orientation is for a given location. So, I simply locate the location on the map and then I can see a visual representation of where the sun will rise and set. Helps a lot with the planning process for sure. I also use it to store locations that I want to visit for photo opportunities.

Anyway, anyone else using this app? Would like to here your comments and whether you think it is OK, poor or the greatest thing since perforated toilet paper.

Another point is that there are a host of very good tutorial videos available for this app to make the learning curve less painful.

I suppose I should be using some sort of app , and I understand the importance in the field . Being that of programing and having the recourses available to complete one's mission. Truth is I am a kinda fly-by-night type of shooter . I am never organised , and today I am dealing with a killer head cold, so it makes sense to be prepared I guess.

I really must try and get myself organised a wee tad better , but in reality I am sure I wont . Still using an analogue phone btw ! w00t.gif

I think I better invest in a smart phone !

Cheers