Curing the Incurable,happy ending

About a year ago I took one of my dogs to a local vet as I had noticed weight loss and muscle shrinkage. Vet said no, that she looked fine. I was not satisfied and insisted on a blood test. The result showed partial kidney failure. Vet prescribed tablets. The dog appeared to pick up a bit and blood test results improved. Recently she lost weight again. This time I went to animal hospital. Vets there confirmed irreparable kidney failure as her kidneys had shrunk so small they did not show at all on Xray. Also, tablets given by first vet are supplement only and not a treatment. Treatment is dietary.

There is no treatment for dogs in this advanced condition and the prognosis is very poor even with correct diet.

A friend in Pattaya claims to be a Faith Healer. Now I've always had reservations about this as there have many fraudulent spiritualists exposed. Anyway, my friend is in England but he told me he and some friends were sending absent healing.

I took my dog back to hospital today, 3 days after the first visit, for ultrasound tests to try to find what was left of the kidneys.

On the ultrasound monitor, I saw for myself, kidneys about 4cm long and 2.5cm wide. Surely big enough to show on Xray. Normal size is 5.6cmx3.5cm.

Prognosis is now excellent. With the correct diet she will become an old lady.

Make of this story what you will. It is exactly what happened to me.

With the correct diet she will become an old lady-----hugh2121

She will never become an old lady hugh......................coffee1.gif

Faith can move mountains.
Which is probably the reason why most of the earthquakes occur in Muslim countries.

**btw--good work looking after your pet

Edited by sanuk711

Which is probably the reason why most of the earthquakes occur in Muslim countries.

"Which is probably the reason why most of the earthquakes occur in Muslim countries."

What an incredibly stupid, as well as irrelevant and inaccurate, thing to say, especially following the massive earthquake in Nepal.

You can always trust someone at TV to take any thread, no matter how happy or innocuous, and use it as a platform for bashing someone or something.

Edited by Suradit69

Hey it's awesome that your dog is feeling better.. but you don't seriously believe that remote "faith" healing could have been the cause do you?

The thing about alternative medicine is that if there was any measurable benefit to it at all, then it would no longer be alternative.. it would just be medicine.

Basically, your dog was diagnosed with "no kidneys", you undertook a remote faith healing treatment therapy, and now your dog has kidneys. Looking at this logically, there's two possibilities, firstly the original diagnosis of not having kidneys was incorrect, or secondly the faith healing allowed your dog to spontaneously grow kidneys. There are numerous well documented cases of the prior (misdiagnosis) and not a single documented case of the latter.

As I said, I'm really glad your dog is on the mend.. but personally I find it hard to understand why anyone would ascribe the recovery to reiki, when it really seems the least plausible possibility.

She is a lady dog now so will become....

I loved that story. It had everything. Sick dog, long distance faith healing, imminent death and an amazing happy ending. Tell me another, but this time make it about a kitten. whistling.gif

To the knockers and disbelievers.

I saw the Xrays myself. There was no sign of any darker shapes where the kidneys should be or kidney shapes anywhere. The experts at the hospital said that this indicated the kidneys had shrunk due to congenital (probable) problem and were no longer big enough to show on Xray. That was the purpose of the ultrasound which can locate tiny organs.

I have related exactly what happened, leaving out only regular visits to the original vet who mistreated her for nearly a year. If you do not believe me you can ask at Pets Friend Animal Hospital, Sri Racha.

Have you ever read Ted Fricker's story of his life? Matt Monroe, Christopher Lee, King Saud (deceased) of Saudi Arabia are among those who praise him for their treatment.

Please don't bother to comment if you can find nothing better to say. I'm simply happy that my dog now has the chance to become an old LADY.

This was simply such a happy ending, I thought I'd share some good news for a change.

The absent healing that was sent is called REIKI. It is Universal Healing and can change and heal in the present, future or the past. To send Absent Healing the REIKI Practitioner will be a level 2 or a

A fake fakir more likelycoffee1.gif

Nice story. Have to say though, when I saw the title ('curing the incurable - a happy ending'), I was expecting a story about a man with sexual dysfunction having a particularly good massage. What has this place done to me???

Hey it's awesome that your dog is feeling better.. but you don't seriously believe that remote "faith" healing could have been the cause do you?

The thing about alternative medicine is that if there was any measurable benefit to it at all, then it would no longer be alternative.. it would just be medicine.

Basically, your dog was diagnosed with "no kidneys", you undertook a remote faith healing treatment therapy, and now your dog has kidneys. Looking at this logically, there's two possibilities, firstly the original diagnosis of not having kidneys was incorrect, or secondly the faith healing allowed your dog to spontaneously grow kidneys. There are numerous well documented cases of the prior (misdiagnosis) and not a single documented case of the latter.

As I said, I'm really glad your dog is on the mend.. but personally I find it hard to understand why anyone would ascribe the recovery to reiki, when it really seems the least plausible possibility.

So what "plausible" explanation do YOU have to offer.

Acupuncture and Chiropract are known to work but are classed as "alternative". Not practiced by medical doctors.

I haven't said what I believe but I DO have an open mind.

The events are exactly as described.

I saw the Xrays myself. There was no sign of any darker shapes where the kidneys should be or kidney shapes anywhere. The experts at the hospital said that this indicated the kidneys had shrunk due to congenital (probable) problem and were no longer big enough to show on Xray. That was the purpose of the ultrasound which can locate tiny organs.

I have related exactly what happened, leaving out only regular visits to the original vet who mistreated her for nearly a year. If you do not believe me you can ask at Pets Friend Animal Hospital, Sri Racha.

Have you ever read Ted Fricker's story of his life? Matt Monroe, Christopher Lee, King Saud (deceased) of Saudi Arabia are among those who praise him for their treatment.

Please don't bother to comment if you can find nothing better to say. I'm simply happy that my dog now has the chance to become an old LADY.

This was simply such a happy ending, I thought I'd share some good news for a change.

Seven years ago. a co worker and I got cancer about the same time. Me colorectal, she uterus. I had surgery, 6 months chemo and 10 days radiation.

Then another surgery. She hated chemo and refused. She opted for a cucumber diet instead.

One year later we both returned to work. She looked radiant and I looked worn out and tired. She laughed at my choices.

She died a month later and I'm in Thailand living my life.

That's all I can say about alternate medicine.

The absent healing that was sent is called REIKI. It is Universal Healing and can change and heal in the present, future or the past. To send Absent Healing the REIKI Practitioner will be a level 2 or a Master.

... and will have Paypal

I happen to believe there are levels of miracles, in ascending order from 1 through 10.

The dog being cured? Level 1, or maybe 2.

Having people on Thai Visa actually letting go of their cynicism? Level 10.

I think that is why they still say, "practicing medicine" because that is what the doctors are doing, practicing. Years ago in the PI, I was suffering again from my recurring migraines. Only these seemed worse. My girlfriend brought me to a kepwing--you know, a witch doctor or shaman--for treatment. He brought me into a hut which was filled with some acrid smoke, gave me a potion or two to drink, applied a smelly salve-like substance to my temples, placed sharks teeth and a white paste between the webs of my fingers and wrapped my hands in banana leaves and hemp-cord. I passed out. When I awoke, I felt fine. I have not--knock on wood--had a migraine since; and that was in the late 70's. Did he cure me? Was it coincidence?

If your dog had no kidneys, it would not live longer than a few days or perhaps a week at least not without dialysis.

I am pretty sure that kidneys do not show up on X-rays.

Just because some medical/veterinary practitioners are stupid, unprofessional or whatever does not mean that some kind of "distant healing" is any good.

Ask yourself, which practice is evidence-based? Would you try something that has no label, no studies undertaken? And, even if you think that "distant healing" actually can work, it also means that it can do harm if it is not properly used. Just like every other intervention that is actually effective.

The absent healing that was sent is called REIKI. It is Universal Healing and can change and heal in the present, future or the past. To send Absent Healing the REIKI Practitioner will be a level 2 or a Master.

Did you read what you just wrote? Do you really believe that Bullshit? Come on return to the real world were we live,we don't believe in fairy tales.

Did you read what you just wrote? Do you really believe that Bullshit? Come on return to the real world were we live,we don't believe in fairy tales.

LeveL 10 here I think...

Ask yourself, which practice is evidence-based? Would you try something that has no label, no studies undertaken? And, even if you think that "distant healing" actually can work, it also means that it can do harm if it is not properly used. Just like every other intervention that is actually effective.

Spot on..

No , Not Muslim countries, but countries with a high density of believers ...! Anny Country in South America and Nepal can hardly be seen as Muslim countries...

Seven years ago. a co worker and I got cancer about the same time. Me colorectal, she uterus. I had surgery, 6 months chemo and 10 days radiation.

Then another surgery. She hated chemo and refused. She opted for a cucumber diet instead.

One year later we both returned to work. She looked radiant and I looked worn out and tired. She laughed at my choices.

I know many people that were treated by western medicine and later died.

But that's not all I can say about western medicine.

... and will have Paypal

Quite wrong dunque. NO CHARGE.

If your dog had no kidneys, it would not live longer than a few days or perhaps a week at least not without dialysis.

I am pretty sure that kidneys do not show up on X-rays.

Just because some medical/veterinary practitioners are stupid, unprofessional or whatever does not mean that some kind of "distant healing" is any good.

I think you need to borrow my glasses. Please indicate the location in my post which says my dog had NO kidneys. Along with some others you appear to read what you want it to say.

You are "sure" of nothing. Liver and kidneys certainly DO show up on Xray, if they are BIG enough they show up as a shadow. IF they have SHRUNK, they do not.

Can you prove that faith healing is not "any good" or do you simply have a closed mind?

There is certainly plenty of evidence that faith healing does work with testimonials from many people including the rich and famous. Look for this evidence and you will find it. Maybe one day you will be diagnosed incurable. Where will you turn to?

The people who know everything know nothing. We don't know what we don't know. I am a lot more intuitive than the average person and do practice Reiki. Human beings are amazing. Anybody who believes we were made in the image of God should believe this. Any meditator knows this. And, yes, there have been documented instances of prayer healing. It has been proven it affects the brain. It also has been proven that meditation changes our brain. The famous director, David Lynch, practices Transcendental Meditation and he and others pay to have inner city kids taught TM and the benefits have been proven scientifically.

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it isn't true.

Enjoy your lady!

The people who know everything know nothing. We don't know what we don't know. I am a lot more intuitive than the average person and do practice Reiki. Human beings are amazing. Anybody who believes we were made in the image of God should believe this. Any meditator knows this. And, yes, there have been documented instances of prayer healing. It has been proven it affects the brain. It also has been proven that meditation changes our brain. The famous director, David Lynch, practices Transcendental Meditation and he and others pay to have inner city kids taught TM and the benefits have been proven scientifically.

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it isn't true.

Enjoy your lady!

Thanks elgenon. After some of the negative comments above, it was great to hear your comment. Previously I was open minded, or agnostic I suppose, having had no real evidence either way. Now I'm convinced about something I cannot explain.

I know many people that were treated by western medicine and later died.

But that's not all I can say about western medicine.

True. I didn't claim Western Medicine would cure everything.

The odds are just much greater than resorting to quackery.

There is enough anecdotal evidence that suggests alternative medicine needs a lot more study and exploration.

But too often there are quacks involved. I'm afraid long distance healing belongs in that category.