connecting phone to pc bluetooth and calling using headset

robblok

I got a S5 and a pc with bluetooth, i also got a great senheiser headset for calling. Now I want the pc to connect to the phone and then use the headset for calling.

I have already paired the computer and the phone but unlike the situation in the link I have no headset option appearing while i have one for sure. It works great with skype and all other things

http://www.7tutorials.com/connecting-smartphones-your-computer-bluetooth-device-control

Does anyone have any idea why i don't get a headset option.

The headstet that i use is a senheiser DW pro 2 goes for 300-400 euros good for people who use stuff like that for business.

I just went through a similar experiment of connecting my Samsung to the desktop and share the desktop mic and speaker for hands-free conversation. the Bluetooth connection went well, but the echo kills the quality. some details here may help.

the Samsung smartphone establishes a BT connection to any Windows computer with the Microsoft 2006 driver. in addition you need a Bluetooth HSP ( Headset profile ) or a HFP ( Hands-free profile ) that facilitates the hands-free conversation.

my solution was an Orico USB Bluetooth Dongle, that comes with number of CSR ( Cambridge Silicon Radio ) profiles, including the HSP and HFP. unfortunately these profiles not equipped with the echo cancellation, and the far-end not able to hear my word.

perhaps you need to source a good quality profile, that facilitates the conversation with your headset.

Edited by ETatBKK

I dont fully understand you.. I got the bluetooth connection and it appears on my PC.. I just cannot see any headset to use.

Did you have to setup something on your phone too besides the bluetooth connection.

And of course that in your case the speaker and mic did not work well.. that is why there are headsets to do the same

[...]

I got the bluetooth connection and it appears on my PC.. I just cannot see any headset to use.

Did you have to setup something on your phone too besides the bluetooth connection.

And of course that in your case the speaker and mic did not work well.. that is why there are headsets to do the same

The Sennheiser DW Pro 2 is a DECT-based (cordless phone system) double-sided wireless headset.

Once connected to a PC via USB Cable, the Sennheiser DW Pro 2 can be used as an Audio System for the PC.

Control Panel -> Sound

make setting adjustments in Playback (tab) and Communications (tab)

Separately, if the bluetooth drivers on both your PC and your Mobile Phone support it, you can select to use your PC as the mobile phone's headset or speakerphone. If using a Windows 7 OS the directions may be something like this:

"Pair" the PC and Mobile Phone

On the PC, in "Devices and Printers", select your Mobile Phone

With the "Bluetooth Device Control" window open, under "Phone Operations" you should see a setting for

"Headset and Speakerphone"

"Use this computer as a headset and speakerphone for calls from the {bluetooth paired name} phone [Connect] "

Once connected, the audio from the Mobile Phone should be routed through your PC.

Bluetooth.PNG

Thanks Richor

I get as far as adding it to my devices and I see the screen you show but without the headset and speakerphone option. So your suggestion is to make some changes in the sound panelin the hope that the option of headset and speakerphone comes up.

The phone is an S5 (samsung s5).

The pairing and everything works.. just dont see the headset and speakerphone options. Maybe its software thing.

Trying this in window 8.1

will try more tomorrow.. i can control the phone with the mouse and play music that is on the phone.. I just dont have the headset and speakerphone option.

thanks RichCor, this is a very similar exercise we went though earlier.

robblok, your Samsung S5 already connected to the PC via Bluetooth pairing, and you can perform all basic functions. you need additional Bluetooth profiles ( HSP, HFP ) that facilitate the conversation via your Sennheiser headphone.

you may google the CSR HSP HFP profile, otherwise I could send you mine.

Also, to add to what ETatBKK wrote (Bluetooth profiles), in Printers and Devices (or the Win 8.1 equivalent) try right-clicking your Mobile Phone icon and select "properties" and then in the Properties window select the "services" (tab).

If the Handsfree Telephone Gateway, Headset Audio Gateway and Remotely Controllable Device are present, they should all be enabled (checked).

Thanks Richor

I get as far as adding it to my devices and I see the screen you show but without the headset and speakerphone option.

So your suggestion is to make some changes in the sound panelin the hope that the option of headset and speakerphone comes up.

The phone is an S5 (samsung s5).

The pairing and everything works.. just dont see the headset and speakerphone options. Maybe its software thing.

Trying this in window 8.1

will try more tomorrow.. i can control the phone with the mouse and play music that is on the phone.. I just dont have the headset and speakerphone option.

There are Two Separate SERVICES that need to be present and enabled to redirect the Mobile Audio through your PC on into the USB Headset.

1. Paired Bluetooth Device

You have the proper Bluetooth Profiles that allow for Headset and Speakerphone operation (in reality, it only allows your PC audio system to act as Mic and Speakers for the mobile handset).

2. Redirected PC Audio Device

Set your PC audio system to redirect Playback (speaker-out) and Recording (mic-in) to utilize the USB Headset as the default device (once set it can be used in tandem with the Bluetooth Headset Speakerphone CONNECTED setting for use with a bluetooth mobile phone).

Follow the tutorial at 7tutorials.com: how to change default playback recording audio device to enable your USB headset as the default Playback device on your PC.

recording_device3.png

Once the Sound dialog Playback (tab) is open, select your HEADSET and use SET AS DEFAULT as both "Default Device" and "Default Communications Device"

recording_device5.png ===> recording_device7.png

Also verify that USB Headset is being used as the default Recording / 'Mic -in' device

recording_device11.png

Thanks RichCor, I am no computer noob and had the settings already correct. I went through the microsoft page did the things there too. All to no avail. i am going to test what will happen with an other usb headset. I got one lying around so I will try that too. seems it does not really work.

Is the problem with the Bluetooth Headset & Speakerphone (CONNECT) option missing?

Using a different USB headset will have no impact on this (different subsystem).

If Bluetooth isn't giving you the missing option then you may need to locate updated bluetooth drivers for your specific chipset.

Is the problem with the Bluetooth Headset & Speakerphone (CONNECT) option missing?

Using a different USB headset will have no impact on this (different subsystem).

If Bluetooth isn't giving you the missing option then you may need to locate updated bluetooth drivers for your specific chipset.

Good point.. i was just going after possible issues.. i thought it might have been that this headset did not work with it. But I will update the bluetooth driver.

The ASUS x99 Delux utilizes an integrated WiFi 802.11AC and Bluetooth 4.0 chipset.

ASUS x99 Deluxe Windows 8,1 64-bit drivers and tools

Are you already running the Bluetooth 12.0.0.9860 2014/08/29 update?

Sometimes you can get updated drivers directly from the chipset manufacturer ...Broadcom

===> OH, some sites say you need to DOWNLOAD the Broadcom WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software for Windows to get the Bluetooth STACK options that provide Headset and Speakerphone connection to Audio Gateway profiles on a mobile device.

NOTE:

That motherboard is known to have some issues (RAM compatibility/Dead Chipset). Answers.Microsoft ASUS x99 Deluxe WiFi/Bluetooth hardware issues

So while I usually try to get a perfectly good onboard Bluetooth to work as it should, you may be right in going for a Bluetooth dongle (or cabled cradle/dongle) with a driver that will give you the Bluetooth Hands Free profile to let you use the Headset & Speakerphone connect option

Thanks for the help RichCor

The only thing that would be nice if i could guide the stupid computer like in skype to only use the headset for calling. Now when I got some music playing on the speakers of the computer I need to stop the music and quickly change what is the default device. (minor annoyance). Skype for instance you can set the right device and its always good.

But this is again a big step forwards. I so much prefer using a good headset for communication with people.

Thanks for the help RichCor

The only thing that would be nice if i could guide the stupid computer like in skype to only use the headset for calling. Now when I got some music playing on the speakers of the computer I need to stop the music and quickly change what is the default device. (minor annoyance). Skype for instance you can set the right device and its always good.

But this is again a big step forwards. I so much prefer using a good headset for communication with people.

Take a look at CheVolume.

They have a Free Trial Period.

Not an app I've ever used, but it supposedly allows you to 'set' output and volume on an application-by-application basis.