Thai Baht gets a WSJ headline

for the first time in my current memory the Thai Baht was mentioned in the Wall Street Journal currency section today May 5th, however

the part that gets me is that the article says the baht has fallen to a 5 year low,

And then quotes it at 33.24 to 33.34

Pretty much the same exchange rate I've seen there since my first visit in 2013

but I've reported I've never seen anything about Thailand in the Wall Street Journal before so I decided to make a mention about it

as far as I'm concerned as American

it hasn't changed at all

I would attach the article but I know that TV doesn't like other articles posted

Edited by ScarpoFongness4U

Yesterday I did ATM withdrawal at KrungThai Bank from a USA bank account and (including the 180 baht fee) I got a rate of 33.17 baht per $US.

So, if you withdrew $300, you received nearly 10,000 baht?

by the way depending on the bank and you can get that 180 baht returned

Yesterday I did ATM withdrawal at KrungThai Bank from a USA bank account and (including the 180 baht fee) I got a rate of 33.17 baht per $US.

So, if you withdrew $300, you received nearly 10,000 baht?

by the way depending on the bank and you can get that 180 baht returned

I withdrew 14500 baht + 180 baht Foreign ATM fee which shows as $442.52 on my bank statement. Foreign ATM fees are credited at the end of the month.

Not often mentioned in the WSJ, but it does get mentioned occasionally (I'm sure in 1997), including in WSJ Tweets

Thai Baht Takes a Hit as Coup Stokes Fears

Thai Baht Weakens Against the U.S. Dollar

By

MICHAEL CALIA WSJ

Thai Exporters Seek Relief From Strong Baht Local Currency’s Strength Is Hurting Overseas Shipments as Exports Attempt Rebound

May 22, 2014 6:53 p.m. ET

Thai Baht predictable now, flexibility would be buffer: WSJ

And the Thai baht receives mention from Bloomberg, CNBC, Reuters, et al

I do not disagree with anyone posting here relevant information about the Thai Baht

I did ask my friend who lives in huai kwang, how much is getting at the local exchange and he said about 33.5

during my last trip in January I was getting no less than 32+, at the money changer near th e Toyota dealer down the street from the MRT, and only got less when I felt the need to double dip, in Pat Pong.

The ATM was giving me 9000 baht, for every $300 withdrawal plus the 150 baht fee, which some went to 180/ while I was there, but not all.

I used the purple ATM

xe.com giving mid-price rate on HKD of 4.29 so lets see what TT Currency Exchange is up and running with this morning. Got 4.21 last week.

TT offering 4.25 today. Wednesday.

TT Thursday evening 4.28 How much further to go?