New Airport To Pattaya,koh Samet

Isabellla

I was asked to post the following enquiry and would like to hear from you.

So my friends would like to go to Koh Samet first and then to Pattaya and where can she get the cheap transportation to Koh Samet and to Pattaya for instance as they will arrive at 22h30.

How far is the new airport to Pattaya, to Koh Samet and to Bangkok City.

Thanks in advance for all the replies and advices. :o

1. Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya will be approx. 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on traffic/location.

2. Add 1 more hour (am I right?) to Koh Samet; Ban Phe that is; after that you've to take the ferry but that will not run late at night.

You could pre-book a speedboat if you like, late at night...

3. To Bangkok city? depends where you go, but would say 30 min to 45 minutes but could be longer, also due to traffic hours. but late at night would be faster than around 5.00PM :o

Laopo :D

1. Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya will be approx. 1 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on traffic/location.

2. Add 1 more hour (am I right?) to Koh Samet; Ban Phe that is; after that you've to take the ferry but that will not run late at night.

3. To Bangkok city? depends where you go, but would say 30 min to 45 minutes but could be longer, also due to traffic hours. but late at night would be faster than around 5.00PM :o

Thanks Laopo

ANd what about the buses to Pattaya and to Koh Samet?Which terminal is better due to the new location of this airport? Is it better to stay one night and get the transportation next day?Where and when to buy the tickets>

Thanks Laopo

ANd what about the buses to Pattaya and to Koh Samet?Which terminal is better due to the new location of this airport? Is it better to stay one night and get the transportation next day?Where and when to buy the tickets>

sorry, I don't know anything about busses; did you check the new airport site yourself already?

LaoPo

sorry, I don't know anything about busses; did you check the new airport site yourself already?

LaoPo

Bus info here, you might have to go back to Ekamai for direct Bus or Pattaya and then on to Koh Samet, but best would be to hire a mini bus wide body for about 2500 baht with a group of you.

Transportation Centre

Thanks Boxer.

Saw the rates but still not the bus timetable. :o

well busses from Ekkamai end about 8:30 or 9:30 .... doubt that the ones from the airport will run much later ...

at 10:30pm you will likely be stuck with private transpo

So you mean that it's better to spend a night in Pattaya or Bangkok before heading to Koh Samet, am I right?

yes

So where is better to stay due to the time they arrived and the next day ferry schedule to Koh Samet? Pattaya or \Bangkok since they have to get a bus to Koh Samet

Thanks again

Rent a room in Pattaya for the night.

There are meny companies going to Ban Phe in the morning with mini-van.

Malibo for ex.

In Pattaya yuo are half way to your destination

Koh Samet is a lovely place but the landing could be in the drink to your knees.

i would agree ... Pattaya ... or possibly even BanPhe ... but not sweating with the ferry or speedboat since it will be well after midnight at this point ....

Thanks for al your replies.

M yh friend chose to go to koh samet and i chose koh chang (for me christmas time)

What do you think about koh chang my friends?

I prefer Phuket :D I could be biased though!

Koh Chang is nice though!

I've been to Phuket 3 times and just love it!!!

But my family will o to Koh Cahn g ans we would like to go together and to try a new place.

Thanks

If you like Phuket...the fun and nightlife...........you'll be bored to death in Koh Chang.

If you like peace and rest.............go Koh Chang.

OR:

do 50/50% :o

Maybe Bangkok Airways fly from Trat (airport near to Koh Chang) to Puket directly...I don't know.

Check yourself:

bangkokair.com

LaoPo

i would agree ... Pattaya ... or possibly even BanPhe ... but not sweating with the ferry or speedboat since it will be well after midnight at this point ....

Thanks for al your replies.

M yh friend chose to go to koh samet and i chose koh chang (for me christmas time)

What do you think about koh chang my friends?

Lovely beaches in Koh Chang.

Paradise Resort is wonderful

I travel fairly frequently from Pattaya to Bangkok by taxi. The time to the new airport will be at least 1.5 hours and possibly a bit longer at peak times. This talk of an hour is nonsense that some authorities have been pushing.

Possibly things will speed up a bit when the four lanes each way are completed on the Motorway 7 between the airport and Pattaya.

The taxi service to Pattaya has a fixed meter taxi price of 1040 baht plus 90 baht tolls.

I travel fairly frequently from Pattaya to Bangkok by taxi. The time to the new airport will be at least 1.5 hours and possibly a bit longer at peak times. This talk of an hour is nonsense that some authorities have been pushing.

Possibly things will speed up a bit when the four lanes each way are completed on the Motorway 7 between the airport and Pattaya.

The taxi service to Pattaya has a fixed meter taxi price of 1040 baht plus 90 baht tolls.

I agree. I am delighted to have the new Airport nearer to where I live, which is in Banglamung, about 10 Kms outside Pattaya and only 5 minutes from the M7.

However, during my last couple of trips to Bangkok Airport we have timed the trip to the new airport

and it is 90 minutes at a good speed and little traffic. I know our timing is not totally accurate, but this suggestion that to reach even the nearest point of Pattaya (north) takes an hour is a bit hopeful. Anyone made this trip in an hour?

I agree. I am delighted to have the new Airport nearer to where I live, which is in Banglamung, about 10 Kms outside Pattaya and only 5 minutes from the M7.

However, during my last couple of trips to Bangkok Airport we have timed the trip to the new airport

and it is 90 minutes at a good speed and little traffic. I know our timing is not totally accurate, but this suggestion that to reach even the nearest point of Pattaya (north) takes an hour is a bit hopeful. Anyone made this trip in an hour?

Flying in their dreams or race car if they have at present until new roads completed. 1.5 hours north pattaya to Terminal at steady 100/120 kmp.

Sorry if someone pointed this out already but a earlier post suggested you have to go back to Ekamai and then go to Pattaya by bus. The site states clearly you can get the bus from the Airport to Pattaya.

Bus Number 389 - Ekamai - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya - Price approx 120 baht

Sorry if someone pointed this out already but a earlier post suggested you have to go back to Ekamai and then go to Pattaya by bus. The site states clearly you can get the bus from the Airport to Pattaya.

Bus Number 389 - Ekamai - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya - Price approx 120 baht

Thanks for your clear advice