Why Thais shouldn't learn English

zeichen

or how a little knowledge is a bad thing.

I was stopped at a red light on my motorcycle with my daughter. I was just playing with her counting 1,2,3 zoom zoom. The guy on the left of me must have been listening and just revved his engine and burnt rubber right through the red light and into traffic in the intersection. I don't know why he wouldn't actually look where he was going. He was creamed. His back was shattered and he went flying. He was still moving but it was pretty nasty.

I feel a little guilty but I wasn't doing anything but playing with my daughter. I just cannot figure out why he would have payed more attention to me speaking English than the red light and traffic.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience or another story when speaking English actually got someone into more trouble than good?

you see it all the time. thais are so interested in what other people are doing, often to the detriment of their own and others safety.

i often see them riding their motorcycle in one direction but having a gwap at something that's going on in the other direction.