Sukhumvit Beer Guide

For some of us, the price of commodity beer is not a major factor in our choice of pub.

Prompt service, ease of conversation, lack of hassle from barmaids and hostesses, attractiveness of dancers, and puns in the pub name would all rank higher, in my book.

SC

yup, dont really care how much per beer, atmosphere much more important.

the difference shown is neglible.

that and the scan is unreadable to my eyes, i can barely make out the venue names

Erm, it's actually useful

Why ?

You judge a place by the cost of a beer

Edit ,

You go because its expensive or cheap , same thing really.

Like are really not goint to go or make a point of going to anywhere listed because of the prices on the link ?

Curious thats all fellow member

Edited by The Big Mango

Sure, price it not everything, but is the easiest thing to put a numerical value at and hence great for a list. Individual taste in music, lag of girls panties, aircon, smoking, food, sound level will of course always be prevailing, but despite the many variations some bars are kind of the same, except for beer prices. Why pay more for the same?

The list is of course lacking all gogo bars.

Depressing - five beers and all drinkers can do is list where they can save a few baht.

Reminds me of the UK in the 60s/70s. Now thank goodness (and thank CAMRA) as I sit here in an English town on holiday I could drink at least 100 different beers within a 1 mile radius if I walked out the front door. I think I'll do that when I finish this tea!

Depressing - five beers and all drinkers can do is list where they can save a few baht.

Reminds me of the UK in the 60s/70s. Now thank goodness (and thank CAMRA) as I sit here in an English town on holiday I could drink at least 100 different beers within a 1 mile radius if I walked out the front door. I think I'll do that when I finish this tea!

Only 100 different beers? How can you survive in such a meager and ghastly place?

Come to Bangkok where there is a real selection of beers.

post-119133-0-60542900-1431171638_thumb.

Erm, it's actually useful

Why ?

You judge a place by the cost of a beer

Edit ,

You go because its expensive or cheap , same thing really.

Like are really not goint to go or make a point of going to anywhere listed because of the prices on the link ?

Curious thats all fellow member

Yeah, information ... terrible, isn't it. I hate having information, me

You don't have to use it. You don't have to base your life around it. You may notice 'hey, 100 bucks for Singha in xyz bar, heard of that place, never been. Might check it out'

A lot of the websites for bars do tend to have prices on there anyway. There are some places I have heard of but not visited so why not have a bit of info up front?

Don't be scared of information