Someone please explain

Below are the screenshots of the XE app on my phone.

You will notice that whatever currency I select as the main currency, the Thai Baht rate will always stay 35.6943.

The question is against which currency this is the exchange rate?

post-223159-0-76754800-1430968261_thumb.post-223159-0-00442900-1430968265_thumb.post-223159-0-45050500-1430968269_thumb.

The currency is base on whatever your top line has as an input

If you look at the 3 screenshots, the top line currency has changed 3 times, yet the THB rate stays at 35.6943 and the USD is always 1.0712.

I can not find anywhere online a currency the trades at those rates against THB or USD.

So against which currency the mentioned rates are calculated

To make my question more clear.

USD = 1.0712 Against which currency?

THB = 35.6942 against which currency?

Edited by TheCruncher

The numbers are all correct. Note that 1.0712 USD compares as 35.69 baht. I just don't know why each input field is an odd number instead of 1.00 USD or CAN or whatever. Can you type in an even amount of your own currency and then see the exchange rate?

The numbers are all correct. Note that 1.0712 USD compares as 35.69 baht. I just don't know why each input field is an odd number instead of 1.00 USD or CAN or whatever. Can you type in an even amount of your own currency and then see the exchange rate?

OK I get it now. Indeed it is odd that if you change the currency in the topline it not by default change to 1.0

I don't use that app, I can just see that the math is right. Maybe someone here can tell you if you can cause it to default to your own currency in an even number in that top dialogue box.

Found it. There is a setting " Reset amount in base to 1.0".