Thai Spouse Tourist VISA for America and Law firms

I have been spending hours researching Thai tourist visa for spouse to USA on the internet. I got a good handle on what the US Embassy expects for the application. I know that they think you are trying to slip the K visas, which I am not. It's only 2 weeks to have her meet my family. I am a US citizen from birth. My wife is Thai

We have been married since January 2015 and lived together for 3.5 years. I have 12 years of Thailand work visa and domicile, but she is not a "big money" woman. She is a hotel telephone operator at a 4 star hotel and has a bachelor degree. I think she has land in her name that is not to shabby, but because she sends most of her money home, her bank balance has not got a great record.

Can anyone recommend a good law firm? I contacted Siam Legal and a consult is 4,000 baht and 7% VAT which I can handle. Can anyone share thier experience with me?

There is no reason to hire a law firm, you have the same chance of getting a visa with or without them.

Probably the most important part of her application is the fact you have lived and worked here for so long. You will want to include that information in your application (let her bring in your passport), another important aspect would be showing that you have to come back to your job and that she needs to return to her job.

• Like 2

Agree with Aaron.

Dgotrek, what is your status here in Thailand, still working, with Work Permit, regular ongoing job?

It's important that YOU be able to show a real intent to return to Thailand after a U.S. visit. The presumption then will be that it's likely that your wife will return with you.

Mac

• Like 2

I really appreciate the information.

I am an English Expert at a top 5 uni with 7 years of unbroken yearly contracts. I have 5 years of ancient Mattayom from the likes of BKK Christian College. I am planning to give an original and copy of my contract that ends next April and lease at the same condo for 3 years that ends in December. I also will get certified bank account letters at Thai two banks with 7 and 12 years of history. I am setting up a joint bank account for further documentation support.

Although one thing I got wrong, her family has not completed the land transfer yet. We can't get that done before our trip. Also, should I bring copies of my US Tax returns?

That line in the US Government site that says if you screw up, you could be permanently be rejected spooks me.

Edited by dgotrek