Finding somewhere nice to rent in Sarakham or Roi Et impossible?

ryanhull

Hello all,

We have been living in Sarakham now for the best part of a year however our landlord will soon be selling the house we rent from him so we are desperately trying to find somewhere to rent, we have been looking for the last 2 months and viewed various places all of which have been pretty poor for various reasons.

Currently I pay 9,000 bhat a month for a 3 bedroom house with a nice garden, I am prepared to pay up to 20,000 a month for the right place as I now have my Son to consider now,

I have a 3 month old baby and 2 large dogs so I have been trying to find somewhere with a decent sizes garden and preferably two floors. I have driven around roi et alot and never seen anything decent, I have also scanned the internet daily on sites such as olx etc but really there is not much up in NE Thailand as far as renting goes.... I know the general rule is to drive around and look for rental signs,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any large rental estate agents in Roi Et or Maha Sarakham? It seems when your not in the touristy places estate agents do not really exist but I thought I would ask on here as I know you lot are very helpful,

Thanks

other tv readers living around there perhaps have better info ,i am in london.road mahasarakham to yang talat/kalasin in kanthanerwichai past old wat on your right then couple hundred mtrs on left have fire station.opposite is a small complex with pool ,i think 3 places to rent but no idea how big.its brand new and opening about now.failing that there are several new housing projects around msk ,its possible the developer could consider to rent out ,perhaps worth asking.good luck!

Boy, prices have gone up in Sarakham. I used to pay 3,500 B/month for a lovely, wooden Thai-style house with large garden back in 2007. I am quite surprised that prices are now so high there, but guess it reflects the general rapid inflation and hike in rental prices felt all over Thailand in last 8 years.

Apart from the methods you've already suggested for finding a new house to rent, I always found riding a bike down likely looking sois i nice neighbourhoods and asking local people was a good way to find places that might be for rent, but have no sign up. Or just look out for empty houses. It used to be the case that people moved away, but didn't put up their house for rent formally, but if contacted informally, could often be persuaded to rent at the right price. A day spent hunting around like this always worked for me in the past and was a good way of getting to know the neighbours before one decided. wink.png

other tv readers living around there perhaps have better info ,i am in london.road mahasarakham to yang talat/kalasin in kanthanerwichai past old wat on your right then couple hundred mtrs on left have fire station.opposite is a small complex with pool ,i think 3 places to rent but no idea how big.its brand new and opening about now.failing that there are several new housing projects around msk ,its possible the developer could consider to rent out ,perhaps worth asking.good luck!

Thanks alot for that information I will definitely check them out, I would rather stay in Sarakham to be honest however after getting fed up trying to find somewhere as nice as our current place I decided Roi Et might have more to offer for rentals

Boy, prices have gone up in Sarakham. I used to pay 3,500 B/month for a lovely, wooden Thai-style house with large garden back in 2007. I am quite surprised that prices are now so high there, but guess it reflects the general rapid inflation and hike in rental prices felt all over Thailand in last 8 years.

Apart from the methods you've already suggested for finding a new house to rent, I always found riding a bike down likely looking sois i nice neighbourhoods and asking local people was a good way to find places that might be for rent, but have no sign up. Or just look out for empty houses. It used to be the case that people moved away, but didn't put up their house for rent formally, but if contacted informally, could often be persuaded to rent at the right price. A day spent hunting around like this always worked for me in the past and was a good way of getting to know the neighbours before one decided. wink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA8eASoOck

I agree prices are high but then again we lived in Bangkok previously for a little over a year and we was paying 11,000 a month for a tiny 1 bedroom condo, 48sqm I think! considering we are paying less now for a detached house with a reasonable garden I cannot grumble too much, I do think there is a huge gap for a decent rental only estate agent up here in Sarakham/Roi Et/Khon Kean... don't get me wrong you can get some amazing houses for the prices when buying houses up here but not much for renting. My wife says exactly the same about milling around talking to the locals to rent, we often even go into the local shops which seem to be a hub of knowledge for rentals in that said area but lately we have spent hours looking and although we have seen a good 10 places they have been really bad.

Cheers for the replies all

The problem that can happen is when renting to a farang, the owners after say the first years contract has expired, expect you to buy or move out. They know we all have trees growing endless supplies of gold on our gardens so push for a sale.

I've been faced with this 3 times in Isaan.

Edited by DILLIGAD

For a decent house in Maha Sarakham you do't need to pay more than 5-6 baht. I rent a semi detached house (58 m2) at the edge of the city and I pay 5000 baht. I stay now in Norway, but I'm probably back in Maha Sarakhan at the end of this month. If you are interested I can phone a friend in Maha Sarakham and ask her to look out for a house. She told me not long ago about some houses for rent outside her school.

Edited by Norlund

For a decent house in Maha Sarakham you do't need to pay more than 5-6 baht. I rent a semi detached house (58 m2) at the edge of the city and I pay 5000 baht. I stay now in Norway, but I'm probably back in Maha Sarakhan at the end of this month. If you are interested I can phone a friend in Maha Sarakham and ask her to look out for a house. She told me not long ago about some houses for rent outside her school.

Thanks for the reply, yes please I would definitely be interested if she knows of any, thanks

I can phone her tomorrow and ask, but if the houses outside her school are out of option maybe she knows about other houses for rent.

DD Property can be a good place to look. This time there is only this house, but maybe it's litle bit too big for you.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/5-bedroom-detached-house-in-muang-maha-sarakham-ma-1904213

Edited by Norlund

I can phone her tomorrow and ask, but if the houses outside her school are out of option maybe she knows about other houses for rent.

DD Property can be a good place to look. This time there is only this house, but maybe it's litle bit too big for you.

http://www.ddpropert...kham-ma-1904213

Thank you most appreciated your help, I did have a look at the link although no pictures and I am not sure when it was posted but I will get the wife to call them tomorrow so thanks again,

I don't know how much they want for your present house, but if you're willing to go to ฿20,000 a month, that would cover a mortgage on a ฿3 million house. Maybe you should buy it, just a thought.

You are right and paying a mortgage is better than paying my landlords mortgage!, it has been discussed however at the moment we are a little hesitant to buy as we are not sure where we will be living long term now with our son here, eventually could be the UK or bangkok we just are not sure, we did actually see a few houses which the bank had reclaimed off some gamblers, 600,000 each which was very reasonable for the size yet as it stands we are just wanting to rent for the next year.

Cheers all

• 1 year later...

Hi Ryan.

I realise this is an old topic but we are in a similar situation as you. looking for a house to rent in Roi Et for small family.

Did you find any estate agents or get any contacts for renting a house in Roi Et? 

We have tried driving around and looking but it's a little difficult at times with 5 month old baby in the car.

Cheers.

On 27.10.2016 at 2:22 AM, jamesnunn8 said:

Hi Ryan.

I realise this is an old topic but we are in a similar situation as you. looking for a house to rent in Roi Et for small family.

Did you find any estate agents or get any contacts for renting a house in Roi Et? 

We have tried driving around and looking but it's a little difficult at times with 5 month old baby in the car.

Cheers.

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-rent?region_code=TH45&market=residential

This is a townhouse in Roi Et.

%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B9%89%E0%B9%80%E0%

And this is two houses in Maha Sarakham.

1-Bedroom-Detached-House-213-Tha-Khon-Ya

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%89%E0%

Edited by Norlund

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi James, sorry for the late reply, since this post we did find a fairly nice house which we rented for a year near the new serm thai complex  (sarakham) however since we have built a smaller 1 story house on her land, anyway glad you got sorted, how you finding roi et?

@Norlund that looks like a reasonable price for the quality, cheers