New School Term Price Of Books Etc

Hi, perhaps someone on here could offer some advice, a teacher maybe or someone who has a child about to start the new term, i am asking about the cost of books etc for the up coming term, the sum of 22,000 baht has been mentioned, (seems a bit excessive to me)? only i am planning to do a good deed, but you know how it is, when you make an offer, then the price (maybe) goes up ha ha.any reply/input appreciated.KC

Your post doesn't make clear whether your child is attending public or private school and what 22,000 includes.

22,000 is about what I pay per term for tuition (17,000) and books (4,000) at private school.

thankyou very much for your reply, i am not sure if the child goes to public or private,( i would think public) but i will find out, the child in question is not mine, (just felt benevolent) lol, just fancy doing some good , everyone i know wants bigger boobies ha ha !!

i just had a reply from a female friend, 2 daughters, about 10/12 (junior school) would i be correct ? she pays 6000 each per term plus 1000 each for transport, and books are extra, so i imagine 22,000 is not far off the mark. that was a bit of a shock to me, and now i see why thai ladies have to scrimp and save to get their kids an education, notice i didn't mention the male species. ??

i just had a reply from a female friend, 2 daughters, about 10/12 (junior school) would i be correct ? she pays 6000 each per term plus 1000 each for transport, and books are extra, so i imagine 22,000 is not far off the mark. that was a bit of a shock to me, and now i see why thai ladies have to scrimp and save to get their kids an education, notice i didn't mention the male species. ??

That's private school.. Government schools are free for tuition. Books, uniforms etc cost.

I've just shelled out, for a 2 year old, 1800B for four different uniforms, 3000B for food and snacks until the October break, 1050 for milk until October, 3000B for a sleeping bed, outfit, blankets and a bag, then about 1000B for the two different types of shoes and a variety of socks. Thankfully they don't buy books at age 2.

So 10,000B to cover the term, and that's before fees come into it. I can't remember the fees as I get a discount - I work at the school - but I think normally around 25,000B a term.

I can afford it, but if I had three kids I'd be struggling.

Archived