Can I stay until the stamped date in my Passport, or the date on the stapled paper?

I'm leaving Thailand, but want to stay about as long as I can to wrap things up here. There is a stamp in my passport saying "APPLICATION OF STAY IS PERMITTED UP TO ... 25 JUNE 2015. APPLICANT MUST LEAVE THE KINGDOM WITHIN THE DATE SPECIFIED HEREIN OFFENDERS WILL BE PROSECUTE"

That seems very clear. However, I have the separate piece of paper stapled in my passport that says: THIS IS NOT A NOTIFICATION OF STAY PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN ON 06 JUNE 2015"

When I was extending my visa, I was told to go check in before the date on the stapled piece of paper. I've never been able to make sense out of the need of the stapled document, but didn't want to take any risks with immigration. One day late and they might just cancel my visa. But now I'm just leaving.

Forgot to mention, I'm am on the last installment of my Ed visa, after which I'd need to leave the country. I'm not reapplying for another Ed visa, I'm just leaving.

Do I still need to go to immigration on or before 06 JUNE?

Do I need to go to immigration at all?

Do I just need to get out of the country before 25 JUNE?

I'm pretty sure you guys will have a very straightforward answer that will cut through the bullshit.

Edited by just plain different

The date stamped on the slip of paper is for your report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. Not doing it just results in a fine of 2000 baht fine (max is 5000 baht). It does not have any effect on your permit to stay.

It is up to you if you want to do the report by the 6th of June if you are leaving on or before the 25th of June. Immigration on departure from the country does not look for late 90 day reports.

The piece of paper in your passport is a 90 Day Report Receipt. It acknowledges that you filed a 90 Day Report and tells you the date by which you must file your next 90 Day Report. That date is 06 JUNE 2015. You have 3 options to file your 90 Day Report: online, by mail, in person. Try the online first 15 days before your due date (06 JUNE 2015). If that works, you will be done. If it doesn't you will have to investigate whether you can file a report by mail with your local immigration office. Or, you can go in person (or have someone do it for you) to your local immigration office in the period of 15 days before your due date or up to 6 days after your due date.

If you do not file a 90 Day Report in a timely manner you can be fined B2,000. It is worth your while to do so.

You can stay in the country up to your permission to stay date: 25 JUNE 2015.

Thanks!

I see. So, if I don't want to pay the minimum 2,000 baht fine (I don't), than I can go to immigration to chekc in, or try to do it online or through the mail. I'm hoping this means that this time I won't have to pay 2,000 because I'm not extending the visa.

I guess I should have mentioned it; doing the 90-Day Report is free. smile.png

Give the online method a try when you're 15 days before your due date: http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Works best on Internet Explorer browser (but you can get it to work with other browsers if you want to do a little extra work).

In any case, if you file a 90-Day Report (by any of the three methods) you will avoid the B 2,000 fine.

Doing it will have no effect on your permission to stay.