Fast Diet (2:5 Diet)

tominbkk

I've been doing the Fast Diet, AKA the 5:2 Diet.

2 days a week, only consume 500 calories if you are a girl, 600 calories if you are a boy. The rest of the days eat basically whatever you want.

The first week or so takes some getting used to. By the second or third week, the 600 calories is plenty and you don't even feel hungry. It certainly has inhibited my appetite. As well, it appears you tend towards more nutritious foods when you are actually hungry.

A sample 600 calorie menu might be in the morning a couple hard boiled or scrambled eggs, later an apple if your are peckish, and in the evening a skinless chicken breast, cup of instant mushroom soup, and a killer salad with some very low calorie or no dressing. That will easily be under 600. Generally sticking to protein and greens with a little fruit is the way to go.

I generally pass by the unhealthy snack foods now, candy, etc. Though last night I have a couple nice bottles of Rogue and a couple pieces of chocolate. Today is fast day, feel great.

Though you can eat whatever you want on your days off, most people tend to not eat as much and are choosier about what they eat. I put in about 1600 calories max on days off...I just don't need more.

You drop about 2-4 pounds a week easily on this diet. More if you do a 3:4 like I am doing now.

i did notice that its easy for me to skip breakfast (effectively skipping one meal) while keeping the other meals the same size (cook myself so i know and I use kitchen scales).

It takes a bit getting used too but its possible.. to make the nights fast as long as possible for fat burn.

Just stopped a period of eating a bit more.. (and working out extra hard) and now a period of eating less. I can tell you it does influence performance.

i did notice that its easy for me to skip breakfast (effectively skipping one meal) while keeping the other meals the same size (cook myself so i know and I use kitchen scales).

It takes a bit getting used too but its possible.. to make the nights fast as long as possible for fat burn.

Just stopped a period of eating a bit more.. (and working out extra hard) and now a period of eating less. I can tell you it does influence performance.

When you at skip breakfast you can most probably also skip lunch and make the dinner earlier, maybe with the help of a snack like a yoghurt or protein drink.

For me the limit is somehow 24 hours between meals, I failed to expand it further.

When you at skip breakfast you can most probably also skip lunch and make the dinner earlier, maybe with the help of a snack like a yoghurt or protein drink.

For me the limit is somehow 24 hours between meals, I failed to expand it further.

Im sure its possible for some reason not eating after sleeping is easier as for instance skipping diner. Just playing around with it a bit. But I do believe that fasting is possible. (many people do it)

Also when we evolved we did not eat regularly.. we are just conditioned to it. That is why i get hungry at certain times.

Im sure its possible for some reason not eating after sleeping is easier as for instance skipping diner. Just playing around with it a bit. But I do believe that fasting is possible. (many people do it)

Also when we evolved we did not eat regularly.. we are just conditioned to it. That is why i get hungry at certain times.

yes because in the night the body switches in a fat burn mode (I think not full scale, just shifting the balance a bit), so you don't wake up all the time and you keep in that until you eat some carbohydrates.

It is way easier to don't eat anything than to eat in moderation.

Maybe on the fast days take it a little easier, do some HIIT this and that.

This is just a variation on intermittent fasting, or eat stop eat. Exocet you eat smaller amounts. I have one of those small miso soup or Japanese soup packets every few hours, they're just 25!calories eat and they definitely take the edge off without affecting the fast mode much.

Archived