Problems with Post Office?

sstuff3

I haven't received any mail delivery since before Songkran (except for EMS). My normal utility, credit card, and other bills have not arrived and are now either past due or will be later this week. I've been to the local Post Office (Onnut, Bangkok) to see if there was any problem and they stated that all mail has been sent out for delivery. Checking with several neighbors in the same Moo Baan, and no one else has been receiving mail either.

Anyone else in Bangkok having problems with mail delivery lately? Any suggestions on how to correct this?

My mail up country has been extremely slow since Songkran. International mail that usually takes 2 weeks has been running 4 to 5 weeks. The Thai Postal System was supposedly shut down for a week to relocate computers or something. I'm hoping that is the cause, and that things will get back to normal soon. Right now I'm waiting for 3 packages that were sent the first week of April.

Edited by curtklay

Yes, not Bangkok specific. Chiangrai the same. I get letters from retirement based entities that require a reply by a certain date, and when I get them it's already past. This is money we're talking about here! Usually, if I go in to talk, the letters will appear in my box the next day. I'm thinking if I go in every month I will "P" them off. I offered money for speedy delivery, and it was refused. 3 1/2 month backlog delivered "en mass" not so long ago, after I had gone in to talk. I haven't figured out a solution. Dunno.

Received several phone calls lately asking why payments haven't been made (Internet, phone, etc.). Told them I can't pay a bill I don't receive. Local Post Office was adamant that all mail has been sent out for delivery. Still no mail delivery today. I hate being late to pay my bills but don't know what I can do about it.

Edited by sstuff3

The missing mail is all from within Thailand. Utility bills and such. Not related to international mail.

I am getting all my utilities bills too so both packages and utilities bills are getting here near BKK (outskirts)

You might be the victim of a lazy posty.

whistling.gif All I can offer is my experience from two years ago.

At t hat time the address I lived at (since moved) was a 704/1 street.

Quite often mail was "lost" in getting to me.

One U.S. government sender in particular.

I blamed the Thai mail service.

Finally found out that this particular U.S. government agency was addressing it's envelopes by a computer address printing program.

Believe it our not the printing program did not recognize the / symbol.

There software that printed the envelope addresses replaced the / symbol with the number 1.

So or almost two years that U.S. government office was sending my mail not to 704/1 street but 7011 street in Bangkok.

Since there is no such street in Bangkok as 7011 (street) my mail was being rejected for that two years.

I moved over a year ago, and I have been getting my international mail regularly since I moved.

Computers are great when they are programmed correctly, but they can only do exactly what they are programed to do.

When they are programmed incorrectly by fools they simply do what the fools ask them to,

I live in western Bangkok...mail is still finding my mailbox no problem....utility bills and junk mail continue to flow in....even the ferocious chingchok that lives in my mailbox can not scare off the delivery of mail by the mailman...maybe I'll hire a snake instead of a chingchok.

Returned to the Post Office today. They handed my wife 3 letters addressed to us but said they still can't find any other mail from the past month. A neighbor went and was reportedly told the carrier for our area has been and remains on leave and this is the reason the mail hasn't been delivered but they hope to resume deliveries in a few days. She reported that they handed her a bundle of old mail addressed to her.

I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens.

Returned to the Post Office today. They handed my wife 3 letters addressed to us but said they still can't find any other mail from the past month. A neighbor went and was reportedly told the carrier for our area has been and remains on leave and this is the reason the mail hasn't been delivered but they hope to resume deliveries in a few days. She reported that they handed her a bundle of old mail addressed to her.

I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens.

that is what I had expected. If mail goes missing, it in most cases is related to the actual deliverer, who may have dumped it in the nearest KHLONG.

see here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/554423/postman-sacked-over-piles-of-undelivered-mail

In my MIL's village (in Nahkon Pathom province just west of Bangkok) the post office actually deliveries common mail to a contractor for the MIL's area who then deliveries the mail to all the sois a few times a week. For EMS type mail the actual postman will deliver right to the homes.

After nearly 6 weeks of no mail delivery, the Postman showed up today, with one current bill. When asked about the mail from the last 6 weeks, he said this is all we have, the regular guy is gone (didn't elaborate) and he is the new carrier for this area.

I guess all past mail will be gone forever. Hope there wasn't anything more important than the regular bills.

Since we got a new mailman (from Onnut Postoffice) about 8 months ago we rarely receive mail at our address. I check to see which neighbor got my mail and if none did, I go to the post office and ask. Sometimes neighbors return the mail to the post office and we get it months later. Lately all our mail goes to the people opposite our house. Luckily they are relatives so it usually gets to me eventually. I changed most of our bills to direct payment by credit card to prevent late payments. Onnut Post Office has issues.

I also haven't received any mail in the last two months. I live near Rangnam (i.e., Victory Monument). Others in my building are getting their mail. Mostly I just get junk mail, but I haven't received my phone bill or internet in at least 2 months. I paid directly at True and dtac payment centers, so this hasn't been a problem, but it's unsettling.

Twice I was supposed to get shipments from the U.S. that never arrived. Nowadays I only have international mail sent via registered and insured mail.

I am having a couple of packages shipped from the U.S. next week, but with this new disappearance of my mail, I think I'll have the packages sent to another address.

It seems the delivery of mail has resumed. The entire MooBaan wasn't receiving mail, so it wasn't isolated to only my address. Mail delivery resumed yesterday but I suspect I will never receive the missing mail from the last month. I pay my bills online but do like the ability to check them before paying. Hopefully the service will continue normal now.