House Builders

harrybua

Hi All

will be heading over in november to start establishing our house.

i would like some advise on the best way to build not sure which way to go.

get a contractor to build the lot or just do it myself a bit at a time but as you all would know everthing blows out in price with the thai.

we are in sog don village about 10km out of amnatcharoen.

any ideas on the cost of a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house i was expecting to spend around 1 million baht.

if anyone is in the area and would like to catch up drop me a line.

Cheers

Harry Darwin Australia

Hi All

get a contractor to build the lot or just do it myself a bit at a time but as you all would know everthing blows out in price with the thai.

any ideas on the cost of a 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house i was expecting to spend around 1 million baht.

Cheers

Harry Darwin Australia

There's been a lot of good information on home building posted here over the years. Use the Google "Search Forum" engine at the top of this page. :o

Hi All

Cheers

Harry Darwin Australia

There's been a lot of good information on home building posted here over the years. Use the Google "Search Forum" engine at the top of this page. :o

thanks mate are you in the area

G'day Harry - I am an aussie living in Chiangmai - been in Thailand for years. Building costs are going up and up, mostly because of fuel costs plus steel. It costs about a million baht to build a two storey house - four beds two baths job. Add on aircon etc and the price goes up. I am building a new place here. Let the Thais do the basic like cement work etc but I am doing all the fitout, as to put it bluntly, in my humble opinion Thais can't build anything properly ! Good luck mate.

harry

as has been pointed out by peterdigger the costs are spiralling, having one built myself, on going for a year or two, now in the proccess of the roof construction, doors and windows, this alone is 240,000bht.

i would say the cost of the building itself including land fill and surrounng garden walls would be 1m, then the fit out another 1/2 m, depending on finishes especially the floors, marble or tiled.

as with peter i shall be doing the fit out myself as the finishes for a thai builder do not yet come up to european standards. this is in the korat area.

best of luck in your venture

ps

get several quotes first and check the builders work before letting anyone loose on your project.

Hi All

Cheers

Harry Darwin Australia

I built a house in Kalasin in 2003. The house has 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms and is two stories with only half the first storey compleatly enclosed. Including a carport and outside kitchen and the fill and wall the total cost was about 1.4 million baht, but there is very little inside cabinet work involved. This can add greatly to the cost and I know that the costs have gone up greatly since 2003. Here is a site that gives you building costs, but only to 2004. http://www.thaiappraisal.org/English/The2001/Default.htm

Issangeorge

post-20314-1157820140_thumb.jpg

post-20314-1157820471_thumb.jpg

post-20314-1157820657_thumb.jpg

Well I had this house built in November 2004 it was completed in February 2005 Cost for building

1.350 million bht, then there was the extras in all with the land purchase ,fill wall furnifhings and other extras conclusion was about 2 million. 3 Bedroonm 3 Bathroom Eoropean kithcen deisned my self which was additional cost.

Pm me or email for more elaborate costings.

I have the plans which were taken from a book at the local Government office.

Just completed Feb 2005

Front view

Side view

macb

Edited by macb