Export to Vietnam

BUIC

Hi Everyone.

My company is trying to export to Vietnam and we almost have everything ironed out, but I have 2 issues at the moment and I was hoping you could help me find the right information.

The first question is.

What should I expect in concerns to going to Vietnamese embassy for a letter of authorization? I tried looking on the website but couldn't find my way around so I tried calling and couldn't get a hold of anyone, but when I did they told me to call a different extension which ended up not having anyone answer.

What Im looking for is: How much will it cost to get the stamps/stickers?; How long will it take; can I have a messenger do the footwork for me, or do I have to go in person?; Do I have to make an appointment?

In terms of the C/O Form D what do I need to do for that? We will be shipping by land and the lady who normally takes care of this just shrugged her shoulders and told me she didn't know (I'm pretty sure that is a load of crap, and she is lazy and doesn't want to do her job). So I'm trying to communicate with DITP but i'm finding some difficulties there. Any advice on this would be greatly helpful.

Thanks for any help and advice in advance,

Cheers!

You do not need any authorization or stamps/stickers from the Vietnam embassy to export to Vietnam. However, your customer needs to make an import declaration.

The Certificate of Origin (C/O) Form D certifies that the goods are made in ASEAN. If you manufacture the goods, your factory needs to be inspected an approved by the Ministry of Commerce, Department of Foreign Affairs. They need to confirm that your products contain at least 40% local content.

If you are a trader, the factory you buy from must have the licence for Dorm D, and they can authorize you to export their goods with Form D.

If you ship to Vietnam by land, you will have to go in transit via Laos or Cambodia. But yes, the Form D can be used for land transport as well, it has to be presented at the Vietnam border when your customer makes the customs import declaration. However, please check with your customer first before just shipping any goods.

• 8 months later...

You do not need any authorization or stamps/stickers from the Vietnam embassy to export to Vietnam. However, your customer needs to make an import declaration.

The Certificate of Origin (C/O) Form D certifies that the goods are made in ASEAN. If you manufacture the goods, your factory needs to be inspected an approved by the Ministry of Commerce, Department of Foreign Affairs. They need to confirm that your products contain at least 40% local content.

If you are a trader, the factory you buy from must have the licence for Dorm D, and they can authorize you to export their goods with Form D.

If you ship to Vietnam by land, you will have to go in transit via Laos or Cambodia. But yes, the Form D can be used for land transport as well, it has to be presented at the Vietnam border when your customer makes the customs import declaration. However, please check with your customer first before just shipping any goods.

I'm not aware of any logistics agent in Thailand that can organize land based transport between Thailand and southern Vietnam via Cambodia except for small articles on an informal arrangement whereby the goods are loaded onto Bangkok-Phnom Penh buses and then re-loaded onto Phnom Penh-Saigon through buses.

Goods however are regularly transported between Bangkok and Hanoi/Haiphong via Laos. Thai trucks have their goods either transloaded at the Thai-Lao or Lao-Vietnamese borders on the Lao side. Sometimes Lao trucks pick up the goods from either the Thai or Lao sides of the border for delivery within Vietnam, other times Vietnamese trucks pickup from the Lao side of the border and deliver within Vietnam.