Change of address and 90 day report

Hello,

So, I have a work permit for 6 months now. My last 90 day report was on March 8th. At the start of March I moved into a condo (previously lived in a studio apartment). My company told me to not change the address. I now believe she was just being lazy and didn't want to add the paper work. (My company have an employee that does the 90 day reports so we don't have to take days off work). Anyway, My next 90 day report is June 9th. My landlord messaged me the other day reminding me to go to immigration to change the address. So I'm wondering:

1. Should I go now and change it? And if so, will I be fined for not changing it sooner? (I trusted the woman from the company when she said it'd be fine to do it at the next report).

2. Should I just wait until June 9th and the lady who reports can change it (is this possible or do I have to do it in person?)

3. Should I ask the lady to do it 15 days before (you can do the 90 day report up to 15 days before) to be safe?

4. Basicallty, is there any way of doing this without taking days off work and trekking from Lat Krabang to Chaeng Wattana? (if there isn't - does the process take long? Cause I could take a half day and arrive there at 14:30?)

Thanks for any advice!!!

Next 90 day report simply provide proof of your current address (rental contract plus copy household registration book owner and his ID-card) and fill in your current address on the 90 day reporting slip.

(Presuming you still live in the same immigration area).

No need to panic. The chances of them coming to get you are zero to none.

A change of address is no big deal unless you move and have to change immigration offices for your 90 day reporting.

Worth mentioning again, the 90 day report system is different from the visa system, ie, changing address on one does not change the other.

Basically, I agree you should be ok. It might be best to ensure your new landlord has notified immigration of your residence.

• 1 year later...

Is there a time lag before submitting the Change of Address form and being able to do a 90 day report? Perhaps it takes a while for the Change of Address to get updated in the system before the 90 Day Report. This would not be an issue for me if the online reporting works. My 90 report will be due soon after the date I plan to be arriving at my new address.

I'm especially interested in how Krabi Immigration handles this.

My 90 day report will be due in November. Ideally, I could take the ferry from Koh Lanta arriving in Krabi town at 10 AM, get by business handled and return to Koh Lanta on a 3:30 PM ferry from Ao Nang.

Is there a time lag before submitting the Change of Address form and being able to do a 90 day report? Perhaps it takes a while for the Change of Address to get updated in the system before the 90 Day Report. This would not be an issue for me if the online reporting works. My 90 report will be due soon after the date I plan to be arriving at my new address.

I'm especially interested in how Krabi Immigration handles this.

My 90 day report will be due in November. Ideally, I could take the ferry from Koh Lanta arriving in Krabi town at 10 AM, get by business handled and return to Koh Lanta on a 3:30 PM ferry from Ao Nang.

After moving and using the new address for online 90 day reporting the application could be done but the approval would not be done at the new immigration office since you would have no history of doing a 90 day report there before.

If changing addresses you would need to do the first 90 day report in person.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys. biggrin.png

Since I'd be moving to a new province I'd have to fill out the T.M 48 at the new location before doing a 90 day report at the new location.

I reckon that if the online reporting actually works for me that I could just do it online without formally changing addresses. In the past I was successfully able to do an online report once but the next time after 5 hours of frustration just got on a baht bus to Jomtien.

What I am wondering is if I file a T.M 48 at Krabi Immigration, can I then just go to another counter and do the 90 day report the same day? Or the next day as one night at a guesthouse might be cheaper than transportation costs? What 'd like to avoid is paying for lodging and not even being able to do the report the following day.

Edited by Bababooey

Thanks for the responses guys. biggrin.png

Since I'd be moving to a new province I'd have to fill out the T.M 48 at the new location before doing a 90 day report at the new location.

I reckon that if the online reporting actually works for me that I could just do it online without formally changing addresses. In the past I was successfully able to do an online report once but the next time after 5 hours of frustration just got on a baht bus to Jomtien.

What I am wondering is if I file a T.M 48 at Krabi Immigration, can I then just go to another counter and do the 90 day report the same day? Or the next day as one night at a guesthouse might be cheaper than transportation costs? What 'd like to avoid is paying for lodging and not even being able to do the report the following day.

The change of address form is a TM28 there is no TM48 form. The 90 day report form is a TM47.

You could submit a change of a address and do a 90 day report on the same day if you were within the 15 days before and 7 day after window to do it.

• Like 1