Clock repair

ThaiBob

I have a battery operated wall clock that I would like to repair. The batteries (AA) have been replaced but it no longer keeps proper time. I suspect the electric mechanism needs to be replaced. Any suggestions?

My friend has also suggested swapping the mechanism but isn't there a shop that can do this?

It really is a simple process which can be completed in 10 minutes, but if you want it done, I am fairly certain that the technicians at Amorn would be happy to assist if you buy one of their cheap clocks and bring your own clock with you.

My friend has also suggested swapping the mechanism but isn't there a shop that can do this?

It really is a simple process which can be completed in 10 minutes, but if you want it done, I am fairly certain that the technicians at Amorn would be happy to assist if you buy one of their cheap clocks and bring your own clock with you.

Good tip!

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I went to Amorn and the service center staff was very helpful. He personally led me by the hand, up the steps to Pattaya Tai and then west 80 meters to a clock repair shop. If you walk as far as the Boutique Hotel (old Day and Nite) you have walked past it. They replaced the mechanism, total costs, 380 baht. Another happy ending in Pattaya.

Edited by ThaiBob