Travel Medical Insurance

Tookta

Hi

I'm retiring to Thailand soon and I can get one travel insurance which will cover me for medical insurance in an emergency but I can only get this for a maximum of 1 year.

Does anybody know is there anything else available whilst living in Thailand where you can get some emergency medical cover in the event of an accident, I don't mean health insurance?

Thanks

A lot of insurance companies im Thailand will offer accident insurance. Me and my family are covered ( sorry can't recall the company offhand but there are a lot of policies out there) for about thb 9000 a year per person. My mother in law slipped over outside her house and broke her ankle. No problem getting paid for treatment and inpatient at a private hospital etc.

Edited by mca

Hi Tookta.

I have accounts with Kasikorn bank. Have just renewed my accident policy with them. Don't recall exact premium payment but very reasonable. PM me if you want further details.

Cheers..... Mal.

As has been mentioned P.A. (Personal Accident) is open to you but age will play a part – example most companies will not insure over 65 years.

Another consideration is your health as many companies will exclude cover should you have certain pre-existing conditions (you will need to read the small print) which could be attributed to the cause of the accident.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. We are called Mister Prakan and we are an Insurance Brokerage. We handle all kinds of Insurance but we are now focusing on health. For TRAVEL INSURANCE you can contact me directly.

Here is our website : www.misterprakan.com

if you want someone to personally contact you you can email us at : [email protected]

Thank you and have a good day!