Subletting Condo - how to set it up?

I'll be subletting my condo for July and August to a foreigner in Bkk, I was planning to take 3 months up front (the two months plus one month damage deposit), and arrange with the office to check the room with me and the tenet before, take photos and video of the room, and then arrange for the office manager to return the deposit if everything seems ok after they leave. Can someone advise on a sublet contract, how they would do this, and how I should arrange this with the owner of the room?

Thanks!

nothing, but I had an after thought, I think I will just give notice, and let him know that I have someone to take it over for a couple of months, and if I decide to come back I will let him know in July or August. He has had a hard time renting out this place, being a bit far from the bts for most folks, and actually if it does go to someone else that's fine.

So I think my angle then will be to try and have the new tenant pay me the deposit directly after we inspect the room, and have the owners consent, and a new contract has been signed. That way I don't have to wait for it, which otherwise would mean I would have to withdraw it from an ATM in Canada (assuming the owner does transfer it back to my bank account in bkk, always a risk that he might not, or try to ding me some of it knowing that I'm not in the country).

But that also means the new tenant is paying first month and two months deposit up front, and then for August. Which may seem like a lot for just two months stay.

The reason I think the owner will take it though, is because this room is not easy to rent out, and the new tenant would be paying a bit more than what I am currently paying. So what has he got to lose?

Thanks

Edited by Green

Good Luck Thais do not think llke Westeners . A Thai would sit on a property because no one has reached his asking rental price for a year or 2 rather than rent it out a little cheaper and have it occupied

This is Thainess

Good Luck Thais do not think llke Westeners . A Thai would sit on a property because no one has reached his asking rental price for a year or 2 rather than rent it out a little cheaper and have it occupied

This is Thainess

This is not Thainess.

This is generalization.

To save what $500-1000 ? Not worth the trouble. Maybe if you can find a western women to rent to but still Why worry

If you want the place back. You couldend up with bills far exceeding what you $ub-let for.

xkPRJg.gif

They are a youngish foreign couple living in Hanoi, will be here end of June-Sept 1st, I was going to ask them to send the 2 month deposit ASAP, with the signed sublet agreement (not sure how they will transfer the deposit yet), with the full period of rent due on arrival after inspecting room together with the office manager who will be taking care of this while I am away. Does this sound reasonable? Rent is 12k/m. Deposit will be returned after the room is inspected by the manager on the day they check out.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.