vitamin K2

lifemagic

Is it possible to buy vitamin K2 as a supplement, in Bangkok. I know I can get it from Natto and sourkroaut etc. but there are supplements called MK4 or MK7 or something. I asked the pharmacy and they didn't know what I was talking about.

Lots of talk about the new standards for d3 but not much about k2 that seems to be important to help keep calcification in check . I know almost nothing but when I got blood work showing d3 low and started to supplement it I was guided to include K2 . Besides taking the vitamin supplement I also work at consuming it in produce now that contains k2 like fermented vegetables that is becoming popular as new super food for gut and brain health .

As we explore the healing power of higher doses of vitamin D3 at the Riordan Clinic, we have found it prudent to partner the safety and effectiveness of this dynamic duo. For every 5,000–10,000 units of D3 being recommended and tested for, we are recommending 100 mcg of K2 mk7 to be sure and prevent the inappropriate calcification that higher doses of D3 alone could cause.

Vitamins D3 and K2 -

https://riordanclinic.org/2013/10/vitamins-d3-and-k2-the-dynamic-duo/

• Thanks 1

OK, so not poss. I'm asking because I had a blood test for muscle wasting and it all came back normal except vit D. so they blamed vegetarianism and dieting and told me to go swimming. But I guess I can try and get it from diet? I did see some vitamin D (not K2) at boots but it was a dummy pack and you have to ask the pharmasist for it, the only vitamin you have to do that for (not sure why).

Vitamin D supplementation carries an increased risk of calcification only when serum levels are elevated above the norm. Low dose Vitamin D supplementation will not cause this, and you can safely take it. (Low dose is all that is sold OTC anyway).

what kind of muscle wasting, generally, lose 10% body weight in 6 months or weight changes, can indicate a need to be worked up for cancer, or other GI problems, I imagine..

the blood test checks you BUN , CPK or something ?

Yeah, cpk, kidney etc. The initial neurologist who ordered some plus the electrical test ended up saying it's caused by excessive dieting (I'd lost 15kg with a diet over two years), to eat protien.

I went back to work, three months later I thought it's a bit worse so I went to an orhtapedic surgeon. He had a good look as said the same, it's going to take time to build up. Eat protien and go swimming.

Then I went to the UK. My GP initially said it's normal as I'm tall and thin and the muscles are symettrical, but then admitted there's some loss on my thigh. So he ordered full tests, came back and he said nothing is hugely abnormal. No conditions. Go travel, eat protien and work.

So I got back and had a good look at the tests, cpk etc ok, but inflammatory marker up, potassium up and Vit d. down, so was just thinking of supplementing.

Since I got back, I've been using a resistance band for working out, sit ups, press ups, grip strength etc. I strained my legs a couple of times doing squats, but stopped. Everything else is a little stronger, can do a few more sit ups and press ups now and my bicep is noticibly wider, though my leg looks about the same. It's very varicoused (I'm only 44 though) so I don't know if that's something to do with it.

I have a three month semester starting June 15 so I'm going to join a gym and just stop obsessing (or at least try to).

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...