Police officer under investigation for diamond embezzlement

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: – The Crime Suppression Division has launched a fact-finding investigation into alleged diamond embezzlement involving a CSD officer.

CSD commander Colonel Akkaradet Pimolsri said he set a seven-day deadline to complete the investigation, vowing to ensure justice for the disputed parties.

CSD officer Lieutenant Somchok Panphim has been targeted for the probe.

Complainant Chiraphan Chulaphan recently petitioned Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha , accusing Somchok of embezzlement, Akkaradet said.

Chiraphan’s compliant is linked another fraud case, he said.

In July 2013, jewellery trader Phatirat Chaiyen filed a complaint charging Chiraphan, also jewellery trader, for conspiring with Woradit Chulaphan for borrowing and refusing to return diamonds and gold worth 11 million baht.

Somchok is the case officer in charge of Phatirat’s complaint for fraud.

In October 2013, Somchok uncovered evidence that Chiraphan had secured a loan from a pawn shop in Bang Khuntian district using borrowed diamonds and gold as collateral.

He forwarded the case to Bang Khunthian police station. Early this year, the case was back to him on ground that alleged fraudulent activities took place over several police jurisdictional areas.

After resuming the investigation, the case officer then summoned and charged Chiraphan.

In March, Chiraphan filed a counter suit charging Somchok for abusing his power. The court threw out the case of lacking merit for the judicial review.

Following the dismissal decision, Chiraphan petitioned the prime minister.

She alleged that Somchok seized 17 items of diamonds and gold, worth 6 million baht, which she had pawned two years ago.

When Somchok notified the charges to her, she found out that the seized diamonds and gold were not included as evidence in the police report, she said.

Although she repeatedly asked him about the evidence seizure, he failed to respond and sent her pictures of decapitated bodies through Line application, she said.

She said she saw the pictures as a threat to silence her.

How come this thief and fraudster allowed to be a police officer in Thailand? Are there any honest police officers in Thailand?

Despite my constant tarring of the Royal Thai Police with the same brush ... there are actually quite a few honest/good cops here in Thailand ... they are a rare breed however.

From the ground up, the RTP is corrupt, from paying to receive a promotion, to the "missing" evidence, to the "gambling", to the "you're not wearing a helmet" scams, the list of their crimes is endless and covers minor infractions through to slavery and drug smuggling. At some point along the line, in any "illegal" activity within Thailand, the RTP will be involved, often running the actual operations they are sworn to stop. A lot of it is innocuous, and unseen, but it's there.

I have a very low opinion of them as you can tell. As do most Thai's.

My only personal involvement with the BiB:

A foreigner friend of mine owned a bar. He had another foreigner manage it. This manager not only stopped paying but stole everything from the bar including the copper pipes from the walls. There was no dispute, this thievery went down.

Time to involve the court. OWNER sues MANAGER for missing payments and stolen articles only to find out MANAGER'S brother-in-law is a local policeman. Now the OWNER is fighting to stay out of jail for defamation, let alone any return of property or money.

My personal sample is granted quite small, but it's 100% corrupt. This also involved lawyers and judges, so it's not just one bad cop!

bah.gifblink.png

Don't hold your breath Chiraphan. There's still one outstanding gems theft case to be resolved first - and it's been running for 27 years.

That is what I thought this 'news' was about. If anyone wants to buy the house of the main perpetrator (original case) PM me.

Don't hold your breath Chiraphan. There's still one outstanding gems theft case to be resolved first - and it's been running for 27 years.

That is what I thought this 'news' was about. If anyone wants to buy the house of the main perpetrator (original case) PM me.

Have you dug up the flower beds?

"The Crime Suppression Division has launched a fact-finding investigation into alleged diamond embezzlement involving a CSD officer."

good thing it is a "fact finding" investigation and not just the other type of investigation. blink.png

police = maffia = run everything in the country

they do anything & everything , except what they are paid for, no incentive to be honest

and you have to buy your way in & your promotions

and if you get caught with your hand in the cookie yar, good to know the worst that can happen is a tranfert, no jail time

How come this thief and fraudster allowed to be a police officer in Thailand? Are there any honest police officers in Thailand?

Despite my constant tarring of the Royal Thai Police with the same brush ... there are actually quite a few honest/good cops here in Thailand ... they are a rare breed however.

From the ground up, the RTP is corrupt, from paying to receive a promotion, to the "missing" evidence, to the "gambling", to the "you're not wearing a helmet" scams, the list of their crimes is endless and covers minor infractions through to slavery and drug smuggling. At some point along the line, in any "illegal" activity within Thailand, the RTP will be involved, often running the actual operations they are sworn to stop. A lot of it is innocuous, and unseen, but it's there.

I have a very low opinion of them as you can tell. As do most Thai's.

+ 1

that house was sold some time ago