Thai Girls Whiter Than White!

simon43

Guest chingy

in southern Cali we want our girl to be bake tan, anything white is below standard, we consider them freak of nature

An interesting stereotype on these matters is that Europeans are said to prefer dark-skinned girls whereas the Japanese are said to prefer light-skinned girls. As I was bringing my wife (who's from Chiangmai) home to England, I got worried by a long discussion she had with the Immigration (shouldn't that be Emigration?) officer at Bangkok Airport. It turned out that they were discussing the skin-colour preferences of foreigners who marry Thai girls!

As for the nose jobs (yuck), could the desire for them be influenced by the prominent nose of the Buddha? I remember a male Thai friend bemoaning the comparative flatness of Thai noses (including his own) compared to the image he has just bowed down to prior to remarking that this wasn't idolatry but a meditation aid.

As an ajarn at a large, popular university in central Thailand, I take great pleasure, when I meet my new students, in informing them that the girl with the darkest skin in the class is the most beautiful! This is always met with hoots of laughter my her classmates. I then go on to tell the other pale, sick looking female students, that I expect them to do extremely well on the course, as it appears from the colour of their skin that they must spend all of their time at home studying!? This has the effect of wiping the smiles from their faces. Generally, and this could be worth some serious research, the darker the skin, the better the student. Are there any other ajarn out there who have found this to be true?