Does Anyone have a Usufruct or a Superficies in Chiang Mai?

zeekgarcia

Does anyone have a Usufruct or a Superficies in Chiang Mai?

What Amphere was it registered in?

How many years ago was it registered?

Were there any government cost or other cost involved?

Did you use a lawyer?

What was the lawyer's cost?

Did the property have a house already built on the property?

Have any of you gotten or tried to get it noted on the Chanote that you have bought the house but not the land and were there any cost to do this and did you use a lawyer?

*It has been said on this site and the ask the lawyer section that a foreigner can get it noted on the Chanote/land deed that they own the house on the land/property but not the land/property.

If you have gotten this noted on the land deed/title/chanote did you do this before or after you had the Usufruct or a Superficies?

Thanks for your time and help

Edited by zeekgarcia

My wife wanted to protect me from her family so we got a usufruct after our house was built and I am on the Chanote. We did it our selves and it was very cheap. I’m sure we spent more on fuel getting to the title office and back.

We live outside of Chiang Rai so did the paperwork in Thoeng about seven years ago. I would suspect Chiang Mai should be at least as easy as here.
That said I would personally not put too much emphasis on legal protections. There are a million ways for relatives to make life miserable for you if they want you gone from the property. This is not a particularly litigious society, so something to consider.

I have a usufruct.. the usufruct is registered on the land title I understand..

This was done maybe 3 years ago in hang dong.. Khun Sumalee from Tanin Law handled it as part of our land purchase.. So costs were bundled.

My wife wanted to protect me from her family so we got a usufruct after our house was built and I am on the Chanote. We did it our selves and it was very cheap. I’m sure we spent more on fuel getting to the title office and back.

We live outside of Chiang Rai so did the paperwork in Thoeng about seven years ago. I would suspect Chiang Mai should be at least as easy as here.
That said I would personally not put too much emphasis on legal protections. There are a million ways for relatives to make life miserable for you if they want you gone from the property. This is not a particularly litigious society, so something to consider.

When you say that you are on the Chanote does that mean that you are listed as the usufructuary only?

Or did you also get listed as the owner of the house on the Chanote? If you are did you do this at the same time?

When you say that you are on the Chanote does that mean that you are listed as the usufructuary only?

Or did you also get listed as the owner of the house on the Chanote? If you are did you do this at the same time?

I am not listed as an owner of the house. I just have the right to live there until my death. At least that is my understanding. There were different time intervals available and we went with life over a fixed period of time.

I have one down in Pranburi but apparently its up to the land office whether they will do it or not, my Wife had to call another office for them and they told Sam roi yot how to do it telling them even which pages of the rule books it was in, the cost virtually ZERO ie 1-200 baht.

Dont waste money on a lawyer, get it for life, you can even ease the land to a third party ie another farang to be even safer.

I have one in Amphoe Doi Saket, Chiang Mai. I am listed on the chanote. It took one visit to the land office and a small payment. They did not need lawyers as they had all of the documentation readily available. The Amphoe office also had the forms on-line for wills and they completed them for me. I had only to sign.

I had been previously quoted as high as ฿100,000 by various "lawyers".

I read the most interesting topic on the usufruct not too long back...maybe general topics and one thing i always remember.

The phrase you pay for what you get.

I was all smiles after reading you can be included on the chanote a bit of scribble on the back for 50bt but this hadnt been appraised legally....and you wouldnt know.

You also woildnt know if the mrs revoked the agreement which they can!

There is a sponsor on this site Isaan lawyers....one of their guys was responding in the topic and saying for their professional fee of around 1500bt they create a very comprehrnsive list of clauses and of things particular to yourselves.

I am certainly convinced that these guys know their way around the law and the dropouts at the local tambon do not.

I will be contacting them for sure..in Ubon I believe....50bt bottle of chang or 1500bt for piece of mind against 1million; 2million 5million or the in laws.

I am a notorious cheap charlie but when it comes to protecting your assets use your head.

I did recently in Hang Dong. I used a local lawyer who were OK (although I would say that I was a solicitor in the UK so I have a good understanding of legal documentation and processes so I could make appropriate amendments myself). You can PM me if you need to ask anything

I have a usufruct.. the usufruct is registered on the land title I understand..

This was done maybe 3 years ago in hang dong.. Khun Sumalee from Tanin Law handled it as part of our land purchase.. So costs were bundled.

Exactly the same for me also.

My wife wanted to protect me from her family so we got a usufruct after our house was built and I am on the Chanote.

So that conversation went something like "No please don't just put it in my name. I really think you should get a usufruct to protect me from my family."

Mkay. ;)

Buy it in the wife's name. Mortgage with payments set at the rental rate you expect to pay. If she kicks you out once the mortgage is paid off, you've lost your rental payments. If not, you're winning. No losers. You'll be alright in the end whatever happens.

My wife wanted to protect me from her family so we got a usufruct after our house was built and I am on the Chanote.

So that conversation went something like "No please don't just put it in my name. I really think you should get a usufruct to protect me from my family."

Mkay. wink.png

Not really. Even though she is twenty years younger than me she was worried that if something happened to her, I might have difficulty with her family trying to lay claim to the house I built. I explained that I probably wouldn’t enjoy living in such a big house without her anyway. Still I appreciate her concern for my wellbeing so did not argue.

I have one in Amphoe Doi Saket, Chiang Mai. I am listed on the chanote. It took one visit to the land office and a small payment. They did not need lawyers as they had all of the documentation readily available. The Amphoe office also had the forms on-line for wills and they completed them for me. I had only to sign.

Ok the site is not letting me correctly reply to Maderaroja

maderaroja, on 19 May 2015 - 16:32, said:

To Maderaroja

Who is the owner of the property?

How many years ago was it registered?

Did the property have a house already built on the property?

Feel free to PM me if you like