Ousted Thai PM Yingluck proclaims innocence as criminal trial starts

webfact

AFP consistently brings up the threat of further mass political violence if ANY red is prosecuted. Having just come back from a week in the far NE, I call it BS. The general tone. when I tried to raise politics in discussion, was abject apathy. People were well aware that there were huge losses in the rice scam and the G2G rip-off, and they know full well where the money didn't go.

Yingluk will try to say "I did it for my poor supporters" and it will go down like a lead balloon.

BTW must have been in at least 12 homes up there. Not one picture of Thaksin or "the people's darling" to be seen.

Would be interesting to know where you were in Isaan. Yingluck surely lost a lot of support and Thaksin too but when it comes about Prayuth he is well below the line of almost anybody and I am not traveling once in a while to Isaan but I live her. UDD and PTP might have a lower ranking but still far a better ranking as the army and the Democrats. Asking the people about Suthep they wish he expire as quickly as possible.

No one is going on to the streets for Yingluck or Thaksin but the next election will come and the army will be out with the Democrats of course.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a little prepubescent to make fun of the Asian difficulty with English at times.

It does not matter if you are Japanese,Mexican or Taiwanese. Someone who rightfully holds a Masters Degree in English should do better.

Thank you three times.

Perhaps I can get a Masters in Thailand-taught institution with just grade 6 Thai?

It is a little prepubescent to make fun of the Asian difficulty with English at times.

It does not matter if you are Japanese,Mexican or Taiwanese. Someone who rightfully holds a Masters Degree in English should do better.

Thank you three times.

Let me see if I understand you.

You are saying that walking through a few thousand people, with hundreds of cameras rolling, on her way to trial .. you have a problem with her English?

I have heard native English speakers with far lower vocabularies and general comprehension skills.

If there is a problem sir, I believe it resides within you.

May I ask what specifically is your complaint?

(You know this is an exercise in futility .. yes? .. that woman could run into a burning building and save three babies and a puppy, and you would make fun of the soot on her nose.)

Edited by Guest

I am not a red carpet but really I think people in charge should give up with this family now. I don't even want to know the fake facts that are related here or anywhere else, just give up or face the very big troubles that will raise in this country sooner or later (when people grow their balls). It's so unacceptable to be treated this way when you are millionaire or billionaire !

Thank you three times.

You are saying that walking through a few thousand people, with hundreds of cameras rolling, on her way to trial .. you have a problem with her English?

I have heard native English speakers with far lower vocabularies and general comprehension skills.

(You know this is an exercise in futility .. yes? .. that woman could run into a burning building and save three babies and a puppy, and you would make fun of the soot on her nose.)

ok ok you love her we get it move on....deep breathes now lad....wai.gif

Would you do her? I'd do her.

wub.png

with a glock..you lonely and desperate sir... you can be like a kid in a sweetshop here and your going for the ....out of date goodies..should have gone to specsavers hahahahahaha

2,276 posts and you still do not know the rules for civil behavior here?

I think you and the Mods need to have a little chat.

You can simply not use that language, not here .. not anywhere.

"The law is the law" is real head scratcher.... that sort of remark probably from foreign poster, someone with very short selective memory... in Thailand the law (and enforcement or usually lack thereof) is whatever who happens to be in power at the moment says it is. This is a witch hunt done with wigs and robes, pure and simple.

I just took note of the angry concerned followers of Yingluck, outside the courthouse were a dozen or so PTP members and about 50----YES 50 followers ??

So outraged is the nation that she is having to attend ???? WOW about 60 in total out of a massive number some TVF members say are with her ???

Maybe I could summon up more than that if I had to attend. Who is kidding who about her massive following, this hearing has been known about long enough for her to get more than ONE bus load. amazing.

"She is not accused of personal corruption but of failing to prevent alleged graft within the programme...

Is there any PM in Thailand's history that governed over a graft free government? If not, couldn't they all be convicted of negligence, including you know who?

Starting with Prayuth for the corruption fiasco at the Sports and Tourism Ministry of which the state lost up to 3.1 billion Baht. Lets move on to the other ministries such as Thai Airways which has been run to the grounds by Air Force Generals for the past 4 years.

This whole court fiasco is political motivated and if they jail her for not preventing graft they should put i jail Prayuth as well for not preventing graft during his time as Head of the Army.

You are of course correct, but it won't change the mind sets of the Yingluck and Thaksin haters here.

AFP consistently brings up the threat of further mass political violence if ANY red is prosecuted. Having just come back from a week in the far NE, I call it BS. The general tone. when I tried to raise politics in discussion, was abject apathy. People were well aware that there were huge losses in the rice scam and the G2G rip-off, and they know full well where the money didn't go.

Yingluk will try to say "I did it for my poor supporters" and it will go down like a lead balloon.

BTW must have been in at least 12 homes up there. Not one picture of Thaksin or "the people's darling" to be seen.

Would be interesting to know where you were in Isaan. Yingluck surely lost a lot of support and Thaksin too but when it comes about Prayuth he is well below the line of almost anybody and I am not traveling once in a while to Isaan but I live her. UDD and PTP might have a lower ranking but still far a better ranking as the army and the Democrats. Asking the people about Suthep they wish he expire as quickly as possible.

No one is going on to the streets for Yingluck or Thaksin but the next election will come and the army will be out with the Democrats of course.

In a learning moment for me, since my years are here in BKK and an occasional island holiday ...was it normal in the past to see pictures of the people mentioned?

We are all used to pictures of HRM and King Rama Five, some of the more famous monks, etc .. but I do not recall any pictures of members of the family in discussion here in BKK or the west coast. (I do understand that we are far from the red zone .. so "of course")

My wife is Issan, and we have HRM, King Rama Five. Lord Buddha, and her favorite Monk from here area. I do not think it would ever occur to her to put up someone, who in her opinion, is so far down the ladder. The PM and that group have little value to her.

Was it normal in Issan, and now not? That would be an interesting shift.

I just took note of the angry concerned followers of Yingluck, outside the courthouse were a dozen or so PTP members and about 50----YES 50 followers ??

So outraged is the nation that she is having to attend ???? WOW about 60 in total out of a massive number some TVF members say are with her ???

Maybe I could summon up more than that if I had to attend. Who is kidding who about her massive following, this hearing has been known about long enough for her to get more than ONE bus load. amazing.

Does the number 44 have any special meaning to you, our resident political expert?

Did you just fall off the mango truck?

Given the constraints of a military government and the illegality of a gathering of more that 5 persons what do you expect??

Wait another year or two and Bangkok will have hundreds of thousands of "visitors" looking for their civil rights and electoral representation.

I sincerely hope this will not happen, but it is a strong possibility given past events and the slow, but remorseless, pressure cooker of Thai political instability and chicanery.

We are going to live in increasingly "interesting times....."

wub.png

with a glock..you lonely and desperate sir... you can be like a kid in a sweetshop here and your going for the ....out of date goodies..should have gone to specsavers hahahahahaha

You may well have a point, but have a word with you know who and the powers that be---That QUANDOW not use a sexual post re Yingluck attractiveness as this is off topic, who cares if she is attractive or not, this poster has been to too many bars,

wub.png

You may well have a point, but have a word with you know who and the powers that be---That QUANDOW not use a sexual post re Yingluck attractiveness as this is off topic, who cares if she is attractive or not, this poster has been to too many bars,

OK. let me be more clear.

It is wrong, stupid, and in Thailand .. dangerous to imply you will ""Do" someone with a Glock.

Is that easier to understand?

Yingluck herself has said the rice scheme "lifted the quality of life for rice farmers"

Tell that to the families of farmers who went bankrupt and killed themselves months after you failed to deliver payment as promised. Most of them only got paid after you were thrown out of office.

Out of fairness you should also mentioned who stopped the payments to the farmers via an appeal to the courts when Yingluck was still PM.

Yingluck herself has said the rice scheme "lifted the quality of life for rice farmers"

Tell that to the families of farmers who went bankrupt and killed themselves months after you failed to deliver payment as promised. Most of them only got paid after you were thrown out of office.

Out of fairness you should also mentioned who stopped the payments to the farmers via an appeal to the courts when Yingluck was still PM.

Besides illegally borrowing money, what other criminal acts should she have been allowed while out of office? How long does the "Get Out of Jail Free" card that comes with being elected last?

Again AFP comes up with a way less than balanced article.

"....I believe a hawkish faction in the old powers... wants to punish the Shinawatras as much as they can," Puangthong Pawakapan, a Thai politics expert at Chulalongkorn University, told AFP."

Take a look at the professor's profile - AFP sure picks it's commentators.

Don't blame AFP...perhaps only those wearing red eyeglasses would work with them.

AFP,Reuters or AP do the right job:to give comments and opinions of all sides!

You believe AFP provides balanced reports with comments & opinions from all sides.

Suggest you check your comprehension and analysis skills.

Suggest you check the facts of the whole situation and repost.

Again AFP comes up with a way less than balanced article.

"....I believe a hawkish faction in the old powers... wants to punish the Shinawatras as much as they can," Puangthong Pawakapan, a Thai politics expert at Chulalongkorn University, told AFP."

Take a look at the professor's profile - AFP sure picks it's commentators.

Don't blame AFP...perhaps only those wearing red eyeglasses would work with them.

AFP,Reuters or AP do the right job:to give comments and opinions of all sides!

You believe AFP provides balanced reports with comments & opinions from all sides.

Suggest you check your comprehension and analysis skills.

Well after reading and seeing reports from many of the leading western news outlets they are all reporting the same as AFP. Who should I believe, the world's top news organisations or some idiot yellow keyboard warriors on TVF?

Thank you three times.

It is very very safe to say the fascist contributors to any thread involving the Shinawats don't speak Thai at all [past bar-girl vocabulary] while the Shinawats indeed do speak English. Yingluk's American-English accent is not good -- but my Thai accent in rural Thailand is much worse.

Thank you three times.

It is very very safe to say the fascist contributors to any thread involving the Shinawats don't speak Thai at all [past bar-girl vocabulary] while the Shinawats indeed do speak English. Yingluk's American-English accent is not good -- but my Thai accent in rural Thailand is much worse.

yes but do you claim to have a masters degree in thai....no..you dont end of

I quite understand that your Thai is limited, and that you get your input via your politically biased g/f, but that is no reason to assume that deficiency extends to other posters. None of whom AFAIK claim to have completed a higher education degree in Thai.

The extent of the Shinawatras abuse of the democratic system to further their criminality is more than obvious. What leads you to ignore that?

"She is not accused of personal corruption but of failing to prevent alleged graft within the programme...

Is there any PM in Thailand's history that governed over a graft free government? If not, couldn't they all be convicted of negligence, including you know who?

....but I don't think anyone previous to the YLS government cost the country billions of Dollars in lost revenue and millions in stocks of spoiled rice

save maybe her brother in the sale of his media empire...Now would be the time to put the shackles on Miss YLS and repay some if not all the losses.

Never mind the Red Shirts! They haven't the Ca-hones to rise up. For one thing they are out gunned and have no real leadership left here in Thailand.

WOW - Yingluck has a masters degree in English language ?.

Well, if that's true it was clearly bought and paid for : seems like she started her life of cheating and lies sooner than we thought.

I am from election. I am from election. lol.