Visa In Laos Vientiane?

Greetings to everyone. I am an American age 46. I have been living in Thailand for 5 years now. met my now wife ( married in November 2003) about 4 years ago. We started building out house shortly after meeting and retained an apartment in Bangkok at the same time. I have about 3 million in the house. paid cash for my 2002 Toyota truck 800,000 ( in my name), 100,000 in my Motorcycle and cash for the 3 motorcycles ( in her name). She has bought more land than I care to mention with my aid. Our son ( hers really) is in private school at 100,000 a semester.

My income into Thailand for the past 5 years has been without fail not less than 160,000bt a month sometimes 300,000. the money is transferred each month from the US into my Thai bank. ( have all the bank books). I / we seem to find a way to spend every drop each month ( it's a 10 room house 3 baths with a 12 foot wall around it).

So would not be able to show a large balance. ( I would hope the income and the receipts I have would stand for something?

OK the problem:

for years I had

a 30 tourist visa,

a 90 day visa

a class 'O' for two years

a class 'B" for two years

Last year I went back to a 30 day visa going to Nong Kai. ( January this year we moved from Bangkok to our house outside of Khon Kean). This 30 day in and out is a breeze in Nong Kai, and only a 3 hour drive for me, 1,500bt stamp into Laos. But it's eating up my passport. I need to get my class 'O'.

For my last stamp I was visiting a friend near Surin so made the run over to Cambodia. They were really nice at the border, and told me I should just go to

Laos, Vientiane to get a class 'O'. When asked if I could do it in Vientiane they replied yes no problem what so ever. To take my marriage licensed.

So... Can anyone tell me if this will be a problem. would like a multy-entry 90 day visa. with the hopes of then ( getting the time) to go to Bangkok and get my marriage papers sorted out with immigration.

I know someone will say go to Panang, but would like to just drive up for a few days and stay in a hotel with the wife( if needed).

Thanking you all in advance.

regards

GoneNorth

In laos you'll probably get a double entry non-imm. visa which should give you enough time to get to BKK. to apply for a 1yr. visa based on marriage. Take your marr. cert. and wife with you if possible. She should slso have her house reg. book with her. Have friends that have gone without wives and no ptoblem.

Thank you, Guess i was just wondering if anyone else has gotten a class '0'visa up there.

If anyone has more input on my posting would like to hear from you.

regards

gonenorth

I have seen O multi visa's from there based on marriage. Usual rules ... neat, tidy and polite.