Smartphone repair? Phicomm x100

BigOm19

Hi, I have a Phicomm x100 that's still under warranty but their service centre in Singapore won't accept my posting it there for repairs. It was an impulse buy. I know Pantip Plaza but not specific repair shops. Could anyone recommend one please?

I can not recommend a specific shop, but I would strongly recommend to give Pantip a miss in order to avoid being ripped off. rather go to Fortune tower, easy to get there by MRT (adjacent Rama 9 stop) and try your luck there. it is a lot more "phone" - oriented than Pantip, which is basically a Computer scrapyard, waiting for victims and not customers. Many shops at Fortune have a "phone repair" or "phone doctor" sign displayed

you are very welcome. please post your experiences at Fortune, no matter if they were good or bad, so others (including myself) can benefit from it in the future.

I actually know a very reputable and trusted COMPUTER repair shop at Fortune, but they don't do any sort of PHONE repair.

Edited by siam2007

Hi siam2007, could I get the name and shop # of the computer repair shop at Fortune as well please? Will check it out as well while I'm there when I do need repairs. Thanks much.

Edited by BigOm19

Hi siam2007, could I get the name and shop # of the computer repair shop at Fortune as well please? Will check it out as well while I'm there when I do need repairs. Thanks much.

the shop is called PROCORNER. it is located on the 3rd floor in a corner. Once you arrive at the 3rd floor, using the escalator, walk a few Meters along the main lane to the area which is basically above the TESCO, then turn left.

They have a homepage ( www.itunlimit.com ), which unsurprisingly is in Thai mostly, but click on the CONTACT US button, and you will find the exact location (shop number etc.) plus a location Map of the Fortune shops.

The guy who runs the place is called Khun NICK (Suriya Matsuda is his real name according to his business card), I assume he is a mixed Thai-Japanese, and he is fluent in English.

He applies a very honest business policy and will charge you only if they were able to fix the problem. And the charges are more than reasonable - not taking advantage of your "Farang face". One time, I felt almost embarassed as they did not charge me anything at all. If you go there, explicitly ask to talk to "Khun Nick" as only he is fluent in English, even though the other guys who work there know their stuff too.

If you use their services, please report your experiences here later

Edited by siam2007

I went to Fortune Town earlier this week. Phone repair shops are on the 2nd level but none to recommend. Service was quick and inexpensive but I have to go back as my issue wasn't sorted. My fault as I hadn't brought along an adaptor to make sure it was repaired. Thanks again, siam2007.

I went to Fortune Town earlier this week. Phone repair shops are on the 2nd level but none to recommend. Service was quick and inexpensive but I have to go back as my issue wasn't sorted. My fault as I hadn't brought along an adaptor to make sure it was repaired. Thanks again, siam2007.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find a good shop to get your phone repaired, I never actually used a phone repair shop at Fortune Tower, I only knew many are there. What I actually used was the Computer-repair shop Pro Corner and I am sure your experience would have been more pleasant. I believe Phone repair shops are rather hit and miss and the good ones can only be identified by word of mouth, for example here in this Forum

I am sorry to hear that you did not find a good shop to get your phone repaired, I never actually used a phone repair shop at Fortune Tower, I only knew many are there. What I actually used was the Computer-repair shop Pro Corner and I am sure your experience would have been more pleasant. I believe Phone repair shops are rather hit and miss and the good ones can only be identified by word of mouth, for example here in this Forum

Oh, no. I meant there didn't seem to be much to choose between shops. If anyone's looking, just go to level 2 and pop in and out of shops to compare charges and go with any one you like.

I just got back. The phone was fixed. Total charge for replacing the USB port + a new cable was THB 850. They charged me THB 600 for labour and the USB port the first time and THB 250 today for the new cable. I didn't bargain. I went to #2B20 which is about four shops from the up escalator with a bright pink shop sign. The sign said "iTouch" but their business card says "B P Phone".

Edited by BigOm19