A good experience at a Thai funeral,

Pagan7

Nice experience, Not all Thai people are bad,

Not many of them are in my experience.

Sorry to hear of her passing. It is always a sad thing.

I am so glad you got to experience real Thais.

I know it sounds like they are phony the way a lot of posters talk about them.

But trust me they are a small minority. Many many of us have and are still having wonderful experiences with the Thais. We are what I call the silent majority.

Thanks for the story, I've had a Thai wife for 16 years and it's all positive. do the family a favour and take up with the niece?? You could do worse!! thumbsup.gifsmile.pngwai.gif

I think the Finnish guy she is married to might not be too happy

Nice experience, Not all Thai people are bad,

Not many of them are in my experience.

Sorry to hear of her passing. It is always a sad thing.

I am so glad you got to experience real Thais.

I know it sounds like they are phony the way a lot of posters talk about them.

But trust me they are a small minority. Many many of us have and are still having wonderful experiences with the Thais. We are what I call the silent majority.

Time the silent majority took off the mute button methinks...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I to have had some experience at a Thai Funeral of some close relatives of my Thai Wife. I personally dread Funerals and especially since I had a very bad experience at one when I was little. But I felt it was my obligation to join her, and so I did.

I was totally shocked at what I experienced their compared to what I expected. Like expecting everyone dressed in black, everyone so sad and crying, no one laughing and everyone so quiet and gloomy. But what I experienced was that this Thai Funeral was more like a party then a Funeral.

It was held outside and as soon as I got their someone found me a nice place to sit down. I was given a glass of my favorite wine (my wife bought without my knowledge) and they kept coming. There was music and they even had latter Thai Finger Dancers. Some crying sure, but not near what I expected. For sure this is the way I want to go. A Party!

That's great bro, but kinda personal...

My is lovely. Never asked me for a satang over nearly six years.

I always chip in when pop has needed to help out with bereavement issues. Eldest of nine brothers. He just spent a month upcountry taking care of his mom. She just passed.

I give her parents about b1500 a month, she gives 1-2k. I don't give every month.

We had to give 10k to her sister for kids school clothes some yrs back, a long story but her husband really sorted himself out. I'm proud of him now.

Its a poor but hardworking family. Mom dad are tight but are far from broke. Net worth a few million.

Sin sod...30k and she paid half. I of course paid the wedding.

Tons of great women in this country. Especially if you don't mind a divorcee (my wife was never married). The scoffers and neighsayers...truth is, no smart, attractive woman will have them so they are left to dirty prostitutes and boast of it as a badge of honor.

Half my family Id trade for soi dogs.

Edited by Rocketsurgeon

sorry for your loss but not sure why you would want to share this with everyone ?????????

Catharsis. Sharing with total strangers is far easier than sharing with people you have to face and continue to know. It enables him to see his own thoughts before him. A very useful way to manage certain experiences, IMO.

It takes a really sweet heart to note what you do about the people involved in this terrible, sad tragedy. Your GF seems to have been blessed, in this regard, to have you. Likewise, I am sure she was your equal. My condolences and best wishes. You are how you choose to see the world and apparently you see what is meaningful. Good luck.