Man robs two 7-Elevens in Bangkok

webfact

Man robs two 7-Elevens in Ramkhamhaeng
By Coconuts Bangkok

seven_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An unidentified moto-riding bandit got away with robbing two 7-Eleven stores and a gas station mini-mart this morning in the Ramkhamhaeng area.

The man, between 170 centimeters and 180 centimeters in height, threatened store employees with a knife and demanded they hand over the cash in the register before escaping on his motorbike around 3am early this morning.

He got THB3,000 and THB1,800 cash from 7-Eleven stores on sois Ramkhamhaeng 154 and 102. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/05/20/man-robs-two-7-elevens-ramkhamhaeng

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-05-20

Nice to see the staff now understand the importance of keeping the amount of accessible money in the tills low over night.

Threatening people with a knife, I hope they catch him soon, this guy now faces a few years behind bars for 6,400B, (£128/$192), not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree...

Just thinking about the staff at the 7/11 next to our building, they are mostly small young ladys and I hope it would never happen there. The staff at 7/11's and other places as such should be allowed to arm themselfs, even if only with pepper spray, then they can blast the stuff in the faces of any desperate thief that enters the store. Being held up at knife point must be shocking for them.

Just thinking about the staff at the 7/11 next to our building, they are mostly small young ladys and I hope it would never happen there. The staff at 7/11's and other places as such should be allowed to arm themselfs, even if only with pepper spray, then they can blast the stuff in the faces of any desperate thief that enters the store. Being held up at knife point must be shocking for them.

Silly idea, sorry, risking a fight over a few thousand Baht? The faster the thief gets the money the faster he will be out of the shop. The best they can do is hand over the money immediately and let the police sort out the rest. Every cop on the world will give this advice.

Nice to see the staff now understand the importance of keeping the amount of accessible money in the tills low over night.

Threatening people with a knife, I hope they catch him soon, this guy now faces a few years behind bars for 6,400B, (£128/$192), not the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree...

it is indeed a HUGE amount, considering that street food vendors are being killed here in this country over 100-200 Baht.....