Tires for Yamaha Elegance

KBTexas

I just wanted to pass along a really good experience I had when trying to find good tires for the Yamaha Elegance. We had a discussion here a couple of years ago, and tire availabilty for the 16" wheels has changed.

I started out looking here in Udon Thani for any major brand of tires that would fit, with a lot of mee mee, no hab and no can get. I spoke via email with another gentleman who also owns an Elegance, and he found Pirelli tires at a dealer that would fit. I was all set to order those when I happened upon a website in Bangkok. The place is http://www.michelinonline.in.th/ for the website, but it is not totally up to date. The facebook page is more up to date and is https://www.facebook.com/michelinonline but the kicker is you can contact him on Line at Satizasoda2. I got availability, prices, etc. all from Line. Michelin City Pro 80/80 16 TL front and 90/80 16 TL rear (10mm wider than stock) for 2150 baht delivered by EMS. 2000 baht delivered by parcel. If you want other tires, you can always just ask him questions on Line. thumbsup.gif

I have to say that this transaction was one of the smoothest I have had in Thailand! Very professional, answered all questions, sent the tires the same day I paid for them, and followed up with pictures of the tires, with the address showing, and an EMS pickup receipt. I received the tires today as promised, and the bike is at the shop getting them installed. Gentlemen, it doesn't get any better than this in Thailand!! I highly recommend this guy! clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

This is my actual experience, and as with all things, your experience may vary. However, based on the responses and interest he showed, I think this is the norm. Give the guy a shot if you need tires.

KB

PS: If you are interested in the Pirellis, PM me and I give you the information I was given.

Good post and linkages.

2000baht for a pair of Miches is so reasonable.

Convenience of home delivery.

We have a shop here on Pattaya Sukumvit often known as MAXXIS

due to the large sign on top.

Actually called Pattaya Tires he does a good business in car & bike tires.

Spin balancing.

Mich & other brands.

I once bought a pair of tubeless from him and the guys had a hard time getting it to seal up.

Finally did.

Cool.

Next day flat @ condo.

I rode my other bike to his shop & splained.

He sent a car and 2 guys following me back to condo.

They pulled the rear wheel and we headed back to shop.

They said maybe must use tube.

Shit.

Turned out a nail.

They vulcanized a patch.

Rebalanced.

Back to condo for remount;

good again.

200baht & tip.

Good good shop.

I am the other gentlemen (who bought the Pirellis). And I got them from Maxxis for 2500 baht installed. 80-80-16 and 90-80-16 in the rear. Several years ago, I got the Michelin Pilot Sporty's at Maxxis which is an excellent tire but although I had plenty of tread left there was cracking along the sidewalls of the tires so I got the PIrellis after KBTexas and I started emailing each other. I highly recommend Maxxis as well as premium tires from well respected manufacturers such as Michelin and Pirelli in sizes larger than stock. Just keep in mind that it's just two tires that keeps you safely glued to the road. .

Could you tell us where on Sukhumvit is the Maxxis shop. Google puts them half way down Soi Siam Counrty Club

Not sure if this is the exact location, since I've never been there, but this will let you look around.

Crap: I HATE editors that don't work!

Take this

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pattaya+Tire/@12.9656032,100.9087505,17z/data=

And add this to the URL

!4m5!1m2!2m1!1spattaya+tires+pattaya,+thailand!3m1!1s0x3102be1725fb4995:0x409f782b6524980c

Actually, the first link works...the addition is not needed to find it.

KB

Archived