FM Radio stations

brownknees

Maybe I am out of a loop but my car radio is not picking up the English FM channels,96 and 103.Has something happened I don't know about?Car is a vios with a small aeriel but same as a million others so whats up?I live 10k from the city but am in most days.

This was mentioned in some threads about two months ago. They have all had to reapply for their licences so will not be on air until it goes through. I have not heard anything since about when they are likely to be broadcasting again.

Anybody else heard anything?

It's the second time in a year that they are taken off air. But they are still on air if you use internet. You can use your smartphone in the car and connect it to your car speakers via bluetooth. Works fine.

Today (Fri 22May) I tried opening the pattaya103 internet sight. The link keeps getting re-directred to a different link that starts out saying something about facebook and then the link changes again to include the words about hackers tools. I immediately shut it down to avoid ending up with some sort of virus or hacking. Yesterday the pattaya103 link worked ok for me. This is the first time I have experienced this problem with pattaya103 link. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Today (Fri 22May) I tried opening the pattaya103 internet sight. The link keeps getting re-directred to a different link that starts out saying something about facebook and then the link changes again to include the words about hackers tools. I immediately shut it down to avoid ending up with some sort of virus or hacking. Yesterday the pattaya103 link worked ok for me. This is the first time I have experienced this problem with pattaya103 link. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

I tried to edit without re-posting in order to provide the link, but don't see the "edit" link, so I am re-posting. Anyway the link is:

edit: www.pattaya103.com

Edited by OneZero

I find it irritating that I can't listen to a radio programme on the radio!. I can't carry my computer around the house and garden.

Anyway, as has been said, this is the second lengthy delay in restoring the FM stations. Last time this happened, a 103FM DJ came on the forum and explained the problem and the likelihood of it returning. Nothing this time.

I know it's a teeny weeny item, but those who say military rule has no effect on them whatsoever should remember these stations were originally taken off the air after the coup. Prior to that, they supplied useful news items both from Thailand and abroad.

I find it irritating that I can't listen to a radio programme on the radio!. I can't carry my computer around the house and garden.

Anyway, as has been said, this is the second lengthy delay in restoring the FM stations. Last time this happened, a 103FM DJ came on the forum and explained the problem and the likelihood of it returning. Nothing this time.

I know it's a teeny weeny item, but those who say military rule has no effect on them whatsoever should remember these stations were originally taken off the air after the coup. Prior to that, they supplied useful news items both from Thailand and abroad.

Why do you have to carry a computer, do you own a smart phone ? And with a Dtac subscription , you can isten to any radio 24/7.

Why do you have to carry a computer, do you own a smart phone ? And with a Dtac subscription , you can isten to any radio 24/7.

balo. I really do appreciate your reply.

Maybe it's an age thing but I have a computer (static) in my study and 3 radio's in other rooms and do not own a smart phone. In fairness, I do listen to UK radio 4 a lot, through remote headphones whilst being in other rooms. Your post has made me realise that I could listen to the 103fm etc the same way. I'll give it a try.

I suppose my 'irritation' is as much to do with the stations being taken off the air, due to them being subversive or something. Dunno.

Cheers

A smart phone Ap I use for fm radio is: Tunein Radio (free) and there are world- wide channels to choose from including some Thai channels along with a menu of the kind of music you like: jazz, rock, 80's, classic, soul, rhomba...the list is endless.