Bus to BKK alternatives

revgreen

How much should a taxi to or from BKK run? I was quoted 4,000 once. Is there car rental in Phetchabun? A faster/more direct minivan? Basically anything to save me from having to sit on a bus for 5.5 hours.

Not sure from P/Bun, I get one from BKK Airport to K.P.Phet also use him for return. Cost one way was 3.500 but I always give him 4th now mainly because he has never in 3 years let me down. He always takes me to soi Nana for the return trip. Because he works out of Nana hotel.

Oh I do pay for the expressways on top.

Not sure from P/Bun, I get one from BKK Airport to K.P.Phet also use him for return. Cost one way was 3.500 but I always give him 4th now mainly because he has never in 3 years let me down. He always takes me to soi Nana for the return trip. Because he works out of Nana hotel.

3500 seems fair enough, but I've been having to go back and forth on an almost weekly basis lately so that'd add up quickly. I have a BKK taxi number who said he'll make the trip if I give him 24 hours notice. He said 4k but didn't even try to talk him down or anything.

3500 seems fair enough, but I've been having to go back and forth on an almost weekly basis lately so that'd add up quickly. I have a BKK taxi number who said he'll make the trip if I give him 24 hours notice. He said 4k but didn't even try to talk him down or anything.

If you have to go on a weekly basis I think better to suffer the bus. The cab wont be much quicker, my driver who is very safe traveling at around 100kph takes between 4 & 4.5 hours depending on traffic. Bus less than 1th taxi 8th.

Best of luck deciding.

I have traveled to Lom Sak further than Phetchabun every three weeks for the last year and every few months before that for the last 6 years.

I've used the same taxi all that time and have always paid 4000 baht although I give him 4500 as he's actually a very good friend now and very reliable.

There are no other options really other than the bus which while very cheap is a pain in the arse agreed.

You could bus to Phitsanulok and fly to Don Muang but this takes around the same time but could be done slightly cheaper than taxi.

Believe me I've assessed all the options which without direct flights to Phetchabun airport situated off the 21 at Bung Nam Tao between Phetchabun and Lom Sak it leaves only the bus.

Minivans only run as far as Lopburi and the train Saraburi which again offers no real benefit,there are flights to Loei now but again time you get the bus back its pointless.

One way would be to try and find someone who travels down weekly or every other day for business like the army of vegetable trucks etc which go to Bangkok but would you be comfortable putting your life in their hands I wouldn't.

Using the bus at night will get you there slightly quicker but I don't use buses at night to risky imho.

Would either of you guys mind sharing your driver's phone number? Or telling me how to get in touch with a taxi? I need the driver to pick me up at 8:00 AM on Tuesday (have to arrive in BKK by 1PM or so) and the one guy I know said he couldn't make it here that early.

Would either of you guys mind sharing your driver's phone number? Or telling me how to get in touch with a taxi? I need the driver to pick me up at 8:00 AM on Tuesday (have to arrive in BKK by 1PM or so) and the one guy I know said he couldn't make it here that early.

You can try my friend he speaks good English,not sure if he will be available but he's worth a call.

Thongdee 0898861559

You can tell him Kevin from Lom Sak gave you his number.

You can try my friend he speaks good English,not sure if he will be available but he's worth a call.

Thongdee 0898861559

Seems like a stand up guy and is going to come to town tonight so we can leave bright & early tomorrow. Cheers

Thongdee 0898861559

Seems like a stand up guy and is going to come to town tonight so we can leave bright & early tomorrow. Cheers

Good to see you have got yourself sorted.

Sorry I didn't post my mans No: have only just seen the posts requesting same.

If you need it later just PM me.

Have a good trip.

Thongdee 0898861559

No problem,he's been on the phone to me already,I had to reassure him it was genuine although I understand his concern given the distance he's coming,last thing he needs is a no show.

Once you've met and traveled with him I'm sure you will be a happy customer,he's very professional in his work which makes a nice change.

Happy travels.

Depending on how long this commute is going to continue you're almost as well purchasing a small vehicle, the montly payments would probably be less than the current 14,000thb you'd be paying for taxis....

Depending on how long this commute is going to continue you're almost as well purchasing a small vehicle, the montly payments would probably be less than the current 14,000thb you'd be paying for taxis....

Or just suffer in silence on the dreaded bus whereby you get to stop in my case twice in Phetchabun as it's such a huge city its folk need two bus stations lol.

The first hour and a half from Lom Sak gets me to near Homepro on the 21.

In all seriousness if it's going to be long term then a car if you can afford it would be the way to go.

Unless you could manage to talk the taxi man into a deal,it wouldn't be unheard of that's for sure.

Good luck either way.

I'm actually in the process of moving to BKK. So it shouldn't be many more trips. Job interviews are finished and tomorrow is the first trip in moving all my stuff down

Hi Rev.

Did my mate sort your trip out ok,hope so he's a very easy guy to deal with.

Good luck in the move to BKK.

I'm actually in the process of moving to BKK. So it shouldn't be many more trips. Job interviews are finished and tomorrow is the first trip in moving all my stuff down

Hi Rev.

Yes he was brilliant. Way above and beyond anything I could've asked for. I really can't stress enough how great he was.

Hi Rev.

Yes he was brilliant. Way above and beyond anything I could've asked for. I really can't stress enough how great he was.
Good one,don't forget he works in and around BKK most days,if your ever stuck for anything he's a great guy just to call to put you right,and he will generally go out of his way to pick you up etc if you need a good cab ride or have an excursion in mind with friends etc.

Cheers

Stoneyboy.

Archived