Seka, Nong Khai/Bueng Kan Province

mobil1nsx

Hello, Anyone have any info on Hotels in Seka, Nong Khai/Bueng Kan Province? I cant seem to find anything about Hotels for the area or much of anything for that matter...I know they had a recent change from Nong Khai to Bueng Kan province so maybe that is making the google search difficult.

I have never ventured beyond Udon T as yet.

Any info on SEKA Hotels, Restaurants etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 8-)

Thanks...Yes, Google and Yahoo....Tried that for last week or so....Seems the hotels under that particular search engines result in ones that are actually in Nong Khai or Bueng Kan which is like narrowing a Hotel stay down to the area of Pattaya and BKK vicinity...They even offer some Hotels for Seka area that are in Udon Thani 100+ K away....nice drive at night Im sure

I was hoping someone had some info on the area down to more like Seka < 30 Kilometers

Thanks Again...Mahalo...

Google maps shows 3 hotels/resorts in Seka. Try google maps for GPS 17.9290416,103.953372. Then click for local hotels.
One is.
saowaluk villa @ hotel
เซกา-อากาศอำนวย
เซกา
หนองคาย
Thailand
+66 42 489 049

I am allowing the phone number and Thai in my post.

Try agoda, they have a few. I stayed in Bueng Kan, many years ago, we drove to the river along the street that had the immigration office, if you keep going straight when 222 crosses 212, you will come to it on the right, just a little further the road ends at the road that follows the river, turn left, there are a couple of hotels down there, on the left hand side of the road across from the river. I can't remember the name of the one we stayed at, but it was nice and had parking. Unless your going at a big holiday time, I wouldn't worry too much about reservations, now a days there are resorts everywhere.

Thanks a lot for the help, (IsGeorge, myfriend I, ubonjoe)....Not much to find on net about Amphoe Seka but glad they have a few roadside motels.....

I can survive on Moo Kata and Leo if need be 555

saowaluk villa resort I found prior but they do not answer phone or emails so maybe gone now...

The Agoda types and Google for Seka actually pulls up hotels in Nong Khai city and Bueng Kan which are 90KM and 161 KM away from Amphoe Seka as if someone would want to drive that distance back and forth to a hotel...

I have been flying in to my Korat (Chakkarat) home for the past 5 years every 2 months for 2 week visits but my GF is wanting to spend some time closer to her aging parents in Seka....

I will make sure and post info on the area in July so others can more easily find info for the area...

I suspect I will be making frequent trips to Nong Khai and U Thani out of boredom each visit to Seka 555

Thanks again...Mahalo!

The best way would be to make the trip to Seka and checkout a few of the hotels/resorts in the area. Chances are you will find one that meets your needs.

Sakon Nakhon is not far from Seka.. Bueng Kan city is not far either.

I have not seen any actual hotels in Seka. Lots of "resorts" all over though.

There is a proper hotel in Ban Phaeng on Hwy 212 (about 30 minutes from Seka) called "JB".

In Bueng Kan there is a hotel called "The One", also on Hwy 212. Bueng Kan is about an hour from Seka.

There is a restaraunt in Seka that has a lot of decent western food. It is directly across from the 7-11 in downtown Seka. The local falangs call the restaraunt "Pip's".

Thanks a lot for the help, (IsGeorge, myfriend I, ubonjoe)....Not much to find on net about Amphoe Seka but glad they have a few roadside motels.....

saowaluk villa resort I found prior but they do not answer phone or emails so maybe gone now...

The Agoda types and Google for Seka actually pulls up hotels in Nong Khai city and Bueng Kan which are 90KM and 161 KM away from Amphoe Seka as if someone would want to drive that distance back and forth to a hotel...

I have been flying in to my Korat (Chakkarat) home for the past 5 years every 2 months for 2 week visits but my GF is wanting to spend some time closer to her aging parents in Seka....

I will make sure and post info on the area in July so others can more easily find info for the area...

I suspect I will be making frequent trips to Nong Khai and U Thani out of boredom each visit to Seka 555

Thanks again...Mahalo!

Your GF's parents don't have a house?

Thanks again...Mahalo!

Your GF's parents don't have a house?

Yes they have the squat toilet and cold water shower trough at their home along with the sleeping mat set up...that's why I am looking for some hotel suggestions.......We will just drive the hour to Bueng Kan first night until I have time to see what is closer to Amhoe Seka...Thanks

We've stayed at The One Hotel in Bueng Kan and found it to be quite nice with a great swimming pool. It's also within easy walking distance (just across the parking lot) to the Tesco Lotus shopping area in case you need any supplies or refreshments.

Have your gf, or yourself, google the name in thai. I find you sometimes will get better results when deal8ng with some of the lesser well known places. some places do not have website but will be on facebook however many are listed in thai only.

Just a thought:-)

There are so many 24/24 โรงแรม - rong raem , it's the name for hotel in thai language...along all the roads in Thailand even they are in concerte or in red ground..

and about a good restaurant; I know one , it's inside Seka, on road 2094 direction Akat Amnuai and Phanna Nikhom , right side of the road.

18029415290_e62e0c4039_b.jpg

18030927219_209cd8d987_b.jpg

There is a proper hotel in Ban Phaeng on Hwy 212 (about 30 minutes from Seka) called "JB".

In Bueng Kan there is a hotel called "The One", also on Hwy 212. Bueng Kan is about an hour from Seka.

There is a restaraunt in Seka that has a lot of decent western food. It is directly across from the 7-11 in downtown Seka. The local falangs call the restaraunt "Pip's".

there are at least 3 hotels in Seka, Savolux, Palace and hotel 2 story right across from Savalux or whatever it's called, go to Happy Pizza across from 7/11 , plenty of Expats hang out there look for International Flags hanging, Talk to Peep, she will help you out, Enjoy the Lake, Savalux is 400 baht a night, 500 for VIP bungalow , monthly rates available at Savalux Edited by Dannyboy666

Thanks again...Mahalo!

. Stayed there recently , they are building more Bungalows, they are not going anywhere...

. Or Happy Pizza is the Real name

there are at least 3 hotels in Seka, Savolux, Palace and hotel 2 story right across from Savalux or whatever it's called, go to Happy Pizza across from 7/11 , plenty of Expats hang out there look for International Flags hanging, Talk to Peep, she will help you out, Enjoy the Lake, Savalux is 400 baht a night, 500 for VIP bungalow , monthly rates available at Savalux

Thanks so much this is a big help! Mahalo mak mak..

Nice lil Comunity of Expats in Seka, make sure you go up to the Lake lots of expats also, look for American Steve he's up by the lake making Enchiladas on Saturdays, I'm Danny if u see me say Hello at Happy Pizza or Pip's or Peeps, same same across from 7/11 in Seka

Steve's enchiladas are awesome and the pizzas at Pip's are very tasty!

Steve's place is called Rung Phet Gardens and is located on the waterfront of Bung Khong Long lake.

There is a decent map of how to get to Rung Phet Gardens located here. It can be a little tricky to find. The telephone number shown on that page is accurate. They also serve fish and chips, pizzas, quesidillas, and spaghetti along with the delicious enchiladas already mentioned. Open seven days a week lately. About a 15 minute drive from downtown Seka.

There are so many 24/24 โรงแรม - rong raem , it's the name for hotel in thai language...along all the roads in Thailand even they are in concerte or in red ground..

and about a good restaurant; I know one , it's inside Seka, on road 2094 direction Akat Amnuai and Phanna Nikhom , right side of the road.

18029415290_e62e0c4039_b.jpg

18030927219_209cd8d987_b.jpg

. This Restaurant is almost opposite Savawalux, This Restaurant is Excellent for Thai Food, it's ashame that most Hotels in Issan don't put the word Hotel in the name, only Palace Hotel does it in Seka.

As I posted before, I have never seen a hotel in Seka and I have been going there since 20 years ago.

They must keep them well-hidden.

Hello Danny. I am Richard. Maybe see you around here sometime? Maybe at Steve's or Sunny's.

As I posted before, I have never seen a hotel in Seka and I have been going there since 20 years ago.

They must keep them well-hidden.

Hello Danny. I am Richard. Maybe see you around here sometime? Maybe at Steve's or Sunny's.

. Do you go to Peters on Sunday's , I wonder if we have met, I've been going up to Seka for 8 years, the hotels are Hidden, they need to put Hotel in name, Please PM me il be up in 3 weeks, Cheers, there's another gent his moniker on TVF is Nongsangcity, I have to meet him too, unless I have already, Looking Forward... Il give you keys too the city when we meet, there are two hotels near that restaurant in photo above, Savawulux hotel has a swimming pool you can pay to use if your not a guest , they have about 50 rooms and bungalows , Now, monthly rates are like 3,000 a month, Cheers Edited by Dannyboy666

Wow, This is a pleasant surprise.. Thanks for the Replay(s) everyone.....clap2.gif

. You can PM if you would like and can Fine Tune some stuff for you...when are you going Edited by Dannyboy666