The Perfect Flat

anais

Hello,

I looked in the real estate forum, but that seems to be mostly about buying properties. Please excuse if this is the wrong place to post.

Me: Female. Farang. Coming to Bangkok to work at 'The Offices of Central World.' I'd like to live either close to the BTS or within easy walking distance to work. I don't care about a serviced apartment, but I'm not bringing furniture, so that may be the only option. I'd like a safe area where I'm not driven mad by noise 24/7. A proper kitchen and bathtub. A balcony or, if ground floor, a private place to sit outside and brood as twilight falls over the city and drink a cup of coffee in the mornings. A pool would be lovely, although I guess it isn't a must.

In short, I'd like a pleasant, airy, clean place. My budget's around B20K/month.

Any recommendations for neighborhoods or specific properties would be most welcome. Thank you!

Most apartments and condos come furnished because the taxes. Landlord doesn't pay tax on furnishings but on rent. So at least in my experience two different leases - 15,000 for furnishing and 10,000 for condo. So that part easy. Hard to find without.

It may not be practical for you if you want something ready when you arrive but I subscribe to the drive up and down the Sois approach of the area you’re interested in and look for “For Rent” signs. Most apartments or Condos the security guy has a key and will show you the place on the spot. A few hours a day over 2-3 days of doing this should get you in a reasonable place at a decent price. 20K is a little low but not crazy.

Good luck,

Derek

20,000 is ok. Big studios or small 1 bedrooms available in my condo The ones for rent are furnished and do have balconys. Highrise with pool and about 10 minute walk to BTS Surasak or Chong Nongsi. Soi motercycles plentiful for 10baht if you don't feel like walking it. Nice mix of upper middle class Thai and Farang living here. PM me if you would like contact details.

Hello,

I looked in the real estate forum, but that seems to be mostly about buying properties. Please excuse if this is the wrong place to post.

Me: Female. Farang. Coming to Bangkok to work at 'The Offices of Central World.' I'd like to live either close to the BTS or within easy walking distance to work. I don't care about a serviced apartment, but I'm not bringing furniture, so that may be the only option. I'd like a safe area where I'm not driven mad by noise 24/7. A proper kitchen and bathtub. A balcony or, if ground floor, a private place to sit outside and brood as twilight falls over the city and drink a cup of coffee in the mornings. A pool would be lovely, although I guess it isn't a must.

In short, I'd like a pleasant, airy, clean place. My budget's around B20K/month.

Any recommendations for neighborhoods or specific properties would be most welcome. Thank you!

Me: Male, Farang. Owner of Condo with all the amenities you need. BTS 3 min. from Condo. To Central World 8 min.

Rent Bht. 27,000.--. Interested let me know

I just picked up a condo in the 'Raintree Villas' and couldn't be happier.

Soi 53 - 5min walk to the sky train

WELL within your price range.

everyone there is really friendly, nice pool, decent exercise/fitness room, convenience store, near grocery stores, etc.

The setting is what got me. It's near two very nice private schools, and the neighborhood reminds me of the north shore suburbs of Chicago.

I highly recommend you check it out.

Hello,

that is an OK budget for a 1 year lease on a furnished studio, not serviced but furnished, might need to shell out for a microwave. You may get a bath, but not confirmed; you need to walk around.

Try the area called Ratchadamri which is right behind 4 seasons and walking distance to Central World. Also, walking distance to Lumpini park. Also...try Langsuan; still walking distance (just) to CW and near lumpini too.

Alternatively, around Asok there are some buildings there near the park too; ditto for Emporium suites next to a park. But Sukhumvit, with respect to other people living there, is known as the 'farang ghetto' for a reason; the area between Nana and Asok is like the scene in that bar in Starwars at night, and you may like that (great!) or maybe not (in which case try somewhere else).

My best advice is come here; stay in some ok place for first month e.g. Rompo mansion, boss tower that you can almost stand, or a serviced place like Evergreen (which is at the Siam station area). In that month, walk around with one of your staff who can speak Thai, and negotiate a place yourself.

Serviced apartments for foreigners are abuot twice the price of what someone local can get including non Thai locals. Chong Nonsi etc are quite far and not as nice as there is no park.

I think swimming pool etc ok but overrated; especially if you are in a building with a large number of tenants. However, park is very helpful to stay sane. I have Jatujact, but that is far away from your work without a car....Langsuan/Ratchadamri area better fo' sure.