traveling with ladyboys, places/countries to avoid/be careful

Matej

Hello. I decided to start this thread, so we can share our own experience, issues and concerns associated with traveling with ladyboys.

We'd like to visit UAE namely Dubai and Abu Dhabi, but few guys told me I should definitely avoid all muslim countries while traveling with ladyboy.

What's your opinion about that?

We've been together in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, no problems there at all. Entrance to country, public transportation, restaurants, tourists sites, even talking with local people, shopping ... all were fine. Some people were staring at us, but I think that's just normal.

One awkward situation in china town, when I didn't want to buy a lipstick from a street vendor, as we passed the guy on the way back, he started yelling, 'Hey, you, you with ladyboy, 90% discount for you, hey ...'

The worst experience I had it's from BKK, McDonald's with drunken Russian men, after scuffle we had to leave.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would avoid the UAE. I was told the same thing that is is a no go zone.

I have been with my partner 6 almost, close to 7 years now. We have traveled most of SEA. Our next trip will be Bali and then in 12 months time, Australia to visit my parents.

As of yet I have not had any bad experiences but then, my partner looks very much like a girl and really, unless you are in the know, you would find it difficult to see she is a Ladyboy. We had one funny thing happen in Hong Kong when we had a passport official ask us if it was a mistake that the passport said "Mr" instead of "Miss." We just had to explain and it was not a problem at all.

if you wish to go against the flow/tide you will have to swim that much stronger

Wise words.

General words and that means no help in concrete situation.

Literally apply to anything ...

Edited by Matej

I have been with my partner 6 almost, close to 7 years now. We have traveled most of SEA. Our next trip will be Bali and then in 12 months time, Australia to visit my parents.

As of yet I have not had any bad experiences but then, my partner looks very much like a girl and really, unless you are in the know, you would find it difficult to see she is a Ladyboy. We had one funny thing happen in Hong Kong when we had a passport official ask us if it was a mistake that the passport said "Mr" instead of "Miss." We just had to explain and it was not a problem at all.

Thank you for advice.

In our case, almost everyone know ...

You think there would be problem entrance to country for her?

Thank you for advice.

passport said "Mr"

Thank you for advice.

passport said "Mr"

Passport says Mr.

When I was last time in Dubai, around 9 months ago, I used turnstile to entrance the country.

Scanned passport, took some photo then green light and that's all, welcome to Dubai.

I don't know if Thai people can do this, they need visa, so I guess they can't ...

Entrance to country is not the end of story.

If we get to bus and someone will call police on us ... then it's better won't go there.

Edited by Matej

Thank you for advice.

For our impending visit to Australia, we will have no problems. My partner has a successful business, money in the bank and applying for a Tourist Visa will be pretty simple. The Australian Government has laws in place against discrimination against Transgender, so I am not worried at all.

For my case, my whole family knows, my parents visit us regularly here in Thailand and my closest friends also know and it is not a problem. As for everyone else, it is up to them to decide if they want to associate with me and I have no hangup's about it.

My advice is, avoid any of the Arab, Indian and African countries and Eastern Europe.

The western world claims to be tolerant and the lands of the free, but in fact those societies are still deeply engrained with racism and homophobia, your ladyboy friend maybe subject to prejudice in certain areas.

Countries that are more liberal and accepting of transgenders are Israel, most of the south east Asian countries and probably Holland and most of the Scandinavian countries who are also quite liberal.

Regardless to popular belief, the world is not everybody`s oyster. Very sad, but true. Those who take on someone who is considered a minority or different, have to also share in their uphill struggles for rights and the extreme prejudices against them. Perhaps attitudes will change in the future, but I doubt whether this will happen in my lifetime.

My advice is, avoid any of the Arab, Indian and African countries and Eastern Europe.

The western world claims to be tolerant and the lands of the free, but in fact those societies are still deeply engrained with racism and homophobia, your ladyboy friend maybe subject to prejudice in certain areas.

Countries that are more liberal and accepting of transgenders are Israel, most of the south east Asian countries and probably Holland and most of the Scandinavian countries who are also quite liberal.

Regardless to popular belief, the world is not everybody`s oyster. Very sad, but true. Those who take on someone who is considered a minority or different, have to also share in their uphill struggles for rights and the extreme prejudices against them. Perhaps attitudes will change in the future, but I doubt whether this will happen in my lifetime.

I agree here with Beetlejuice 100% with his whole post. As of this date, I have not suffered any extreme prejudice but then, we live in Thailand and she is accepted here. I have to admit, I would not take my partner to Australia with me if she was 6ft 3'' tall and looked like a brickies laborer as I would have concerns for her safety from parts of our 'bogan' population. The only reason why I have agreed to her coming to Australia with me is that she can fool 99.5% of people with her looks. If she could not do that, she would be ostracized for certain.

Yes, the world is not everyone's oyster....

So true man.

Many guys who lives with ladyboys, told me travel only to so called West(USA, Canada, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Hon Kong) + countries in Southeast Asia and only if you really know what are you doing.

Sometimes is better to listen ..

Edited by Matej

Even in the west people may "accept" you because of PC and fear of prosecution,but behind your back the truth is far different,

Very true

You learn who your true friends are. In many ways, it would have been so much easier to form a gay relationship with a 'guy' as you would have been more socially accepted then being with a Transgender.

I have had no trouble so far but I am certainly not going to run off to countries or other areas in my personal life that will make our life difficult.

Not trying to be a smart a** but Thai Visa is absolutely the last place I'd pose that question.

Kind of like going to Israel and asking where the Palestinian terrorists hang out for coffee. biggrin.png

Yes, that Israel is extreme.

But I hope, all members who wrote something in this thread know what are they talking about, means they have ladyboy girlfriends and have done some traveling with them.

Not trying to be a smart a** but Thai Visa is absolutely the last place I'd pose that question.

Kind of like going to Israel and asking where the Palestinian terrorists hang out for coffee. biggrin.png

But I hope, all members who wrote something in this thread know what are they talking about, means they have ladyboy girlfriends and have done some traveling with them.

There are lots of web sites who cater to Farang and Thai lady boys see google. This ain't one of them.biggrin.png

Do you know any good places of coffee then?..... gigglem.gif ... LMAO over this....

Yeah, I have been following Thai Visa for many, many years now but I very, very RARELY post as I am afraid of being flamed something terrible by some of the members here....

There are lots of web sites who cater to Farang and Thai lady boys see google. This ain't one of them.biggrin.png

No that is not totally true. Most those sites (at least 99% of them) promote the very dark side of this business (Pay4Play) and the people posting are in the 'not so nice mongrel' class and treat the girls in a very negative fashion (as sex objects only)..

To find out information on anyone longer term with a Transgender partner is in fact quite difficult to do.

Anyway, I am jumping out of this thread now as I believe the OP has his answer now about his reasonable question.

Name one of them.

There are no serious sites dedicated to ladyboys.

Maybe one, myladyboydate dot com

The moderators usually send posts to the appropriate place, thread etc. Should this not be sent to the Gay, Bi, Lesbian and Transgender part of the Thai Visa forum.?.

Edited by Varrius

The moderators usually send posts to the appropriate place, thread etc. Should this not be sent to the Gay, Bi, Lesbian and Transgender part of the Thai Visa forum.?.

Most gay guys like lady boys but not on Thai Visa. Think...

People are so ignorant about Islam its unbelievable.

Islam allows you to change your sex if you feel like a woman, it just prohibits homosexuality.

For example in Turkey a ladyboy can legally change his gender with a valid report from a psychiatrist. After the sex change operation, the government will issue you a new id, it will write Mrs on it instead of Mr smile.png

You will have all the rights of a women, even the right to get married.

Saudi Arabia follows a messed up version of Islam called wahabism while rest of the world follows a much milder version. Turkey and Malaysia are great examples of countries who follow the milder version of Islam, government will not discriminate you for being trans/ladyboy or whatever. In Turkey there are transexuals who hold official government jobs.

Edited by Lukecan

Islam allows you to change your sex if you feel like a woman, it just prohibits homosexuality.

For example in Turkey a ladyboy can legally change his gender with a valid report from a psychiatrist. After the sex change operation, the government will issue you a new id, it will write Mrs on it instead of Mr smile.png

Saudi Arabia follows a messed up version of Islam called wahabism while rest of the world follows a much milder version. Turkey and Malaysia are great examples of countries who follow the milder version of Islam, government will not discriminate you for being trans/ladyboy or whatever. In Turkey there are transexuals who hold official government jobs.

I'm not so sure about government approach in muslim countries and by the way, the most important is what people in those countries will do about that. Laws are one thing and mood in society is another.

I'm not so sure about government approach in muslim countries and by the way, the most important is what people in those countries will do about that. Laws are one thing and mood in society is another.

You are definitely right about that, Islam culture is definitely not tolerant against transexuals. But you wont have a hard time in cities like Istanbul. If you go to the Isaan parts of Turkey, then you people will stare at her like they saw an alien.