TOT International connectivity

GinBoy2

Now I'm almost afraid to mention this, since it may jinx the TOT Internet Gods, but has anyone else noticed a marked improvement in speeds out of Thailand? I have a fiber 30/3 connection and until recent was saddled with the usual low teens MB speeds on anything to the US. For some inexplicable, yet rather happy reason things seem to have jumped into fairly constant low 20's.

Without exact details hard to judge.

I have the same connection.

Often one is fooled to believe that content comes from an "international" site whilst it comes from mirror servers in the region (Thailand, Singapore).

Prominent examples are all Google services incl. Youtube, Microsoft (Update), Facebook to name a few.

I'm not talking about the ookala app which which all know id questionable. But the dslreports app, the vudu app all seeing the same increase in speed. For a real world app, vudu will now stream routinely in HDX 1020p whereas before HD 720p was as good as it got

I'm not talking about the ookala app which which all know id questionable. But the dslreports app, the vudu app all seeing the same increase in speed. For a real world app, vudu will now stream routinely in HDX 1020p whereas before HD 720p was as good as it got

Amazing! My DSLreports result:

540479.png

Jitter/Ping Test result:

2335 measurements

24/5/2015 9:12:44PM calculating grade

24/5/2015 9:13:06PM grade A+

Line Quality / Ping Test : Results

Test by Phuket ( 3bb.co.th) on 2015-05-24 10:16:55 to 2015-05-24 10:24:39

Grade: 94 / 100

Edited by JetsetBkk

Would love to believe it:

post-99794-0-58775700-1432478149_thumb.j

I will retry some tests tommorow.

Now I switch on my IPTV again tongue.png

There are improvements/changes to expect as new undersea cables are (were) under construction.

And usually the opening would not make it to the news.

Edited by KhunBENQ

And again:

540618.png

The DailyMail.co.uk is coming up fast and so are all the pictures, not that I look at them, especially the ones in "Kendall Jenner strips down to skimpy purple bikini" as I was just using it as a test of the speed of the page loading. Honest. Would I lie to you?

Edited by JetsetBkk

And again:

540618.png

The DailyMail.co.uk is coming up fast and so are all the pictures, not that I look at them, especially the ones in "Kendall Jenner strips down to skimpy purple bikini" as I was just using it as a test of the speed of the page loading. Honest. Would I lie to you?

As much as I struggled NOT to search for "Kendall Jackson strips", couldn't help myself. Have no idea who the hell she is, but looking good girl...and page loads awfully fast LOL

My ToT Fiber2U has been excellent lately. I can play my online games (international) while my wife streams video at the same time. Or have video streams on two devices simultaneously no problem. Even streaming video whilst torrenting works perfectly.

And again:

540618.png

As much as I struggled NOT to search for "Kendall Jackson strips", couldn't help myself. Have no idea who the hell she is, but looking good girl...and page loads awfully fast LOL

I just checked it again - all in the cause of science of course - and the page is still loading fast. I captured the Netmeter graph:

post-35489-0-63192800-1432536711_thumb.j - nearly 14 mbps!

...and still looking good at DSLreports:

544824.png

I just changed from 3bb appauling fiber to true cable. Just as shocked by their internet not in a good way. DNS PROBE errors often. Yesterday night clocked 3mbps to Bangkok. DSL reports doesnt even work, gives error saying something gone wrong.

Two days ago I did another run of my favourite network test/diagnostic site:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu (Java based)

The test report:

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=36ea240d-22302-4d94d6dd-443c-402c-849e

All major entries "green", only minor issues.

As usual:

You are listed on the Spamhaus Policy Based Blacklist, meaning that your provider has designated your address block as one that should only be sending authenticated email, email through the ISP's mail server, or using webmail.

Network performance (?): Latency: 270 ms, Loss: 0.0%

TCP connection setup latency (?): 280ms

Network bandwidth (?): Upload 2.9 Mbit/s, Download 18 Mbit/s

That is to US westcoast.

2.9 Mbit upload is close to ideal (3 Mbit).

18 Mbit is good, 30 Mbit/s is nominal (only reached within Thailand/SEA).

(The report contains my IP from two days ago. not todays)

About the IP addresses:I guess that something is going on, as the IP adress range now changes quite often.

During my DSL time, it always started with 1.2.xxx.xxx.

Then with fibre it started for a long time with 118.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Two days ago it was 1.2.xxx.xxx again.

Today 182.52.xxx.xxx.

Edited by KhunBENQ

TOT has enough bandwidth capacity to provide good international speeds but it was (or still is) poorly managed. If they decided to open valve now, well, good for tot users!

I wonder if dsl tot users benefit from this? Or just fiber2u?

Fingers crossed looks like we are all kinda seeing the same thing. Here's the DSLreports test from this morning to US west coast;

First one is VPN through Hong Kong, the second a straight connection. The table is the non VPN, showing servers

post-97442-0-42941500-1432770590_thumb.p

post-97442-0-01159600-1432770592_thumb.p

post-97442-0-62084700-1432771538_thumb.p

Edited by GinBoy2