Where you from? an annoying question?

konying

"I am from Australia, and yourself?"

Or is that too difficult?

And the Answer goes like this.....Oh Australia eh? I have friends from Oz, what part? I've never been there, but would love to go one day. I'm from England, but now live In Korat, do you live in Thailand now?

...and so it goes on, i think it's called conversation, look it up in the dictionary Konying

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People just try to be friendly, we are the strangers here so I guess it's normal to be asked this question. Knowing where one comes from helps to identify the background and potential conversational topics. But if one isn't interested in chatting with anyone, whatever the question he will be bored sure. Looks like a funny life :)

I really can't see the problem here. If it's the repetition over years, I guess you might be bored to here สวสดี or 'hello' too.

But i'm ok with TVF being as any other public forums a place where you can share your hate and discuss it with other haters [emoji120]

IF it bothers you, not only you do not have to respond, but do not even need to read it:thumbsup:

You asked a question, I decided I wanted to responded. You asked what questions bother me. Yours did, so I said so.

You posted in a public forum. Members tend to read topics posted in forums.

Why post in the first place if you don't want responses you don't like or agree with.

As for making a conversation, by definition, conversation has to lead somewhere,

Oh Ok, is a dead answer, which does not lead to anything else, even more so when asked by someone who has never been out of Thailand or in many cases even on the airplane

As for foreigners asking the same dumb question, it only requires little brain cells to hear an accent and figure out persons origins.

Again, this response probably speaks more about you than the people trying to engage with you.

You stated my question bothers you.

When i am bothered by something i walk away to get rid off bother, but thats me.

So you right, speaks more about me than people trying to ANNOY me.

When i go to buy veggies or fruits, i go to do just that, buy veggies or fruits, NOT to collect useless private informationthumbsup.gif

You seem a right bundle of fun.....where you from? (Basically so i can avoid you)

You do not need to worry. I keep right away from those who are bundle of fun

And the Answer goes like this.....Oh Australia eh? I have friends from Oz, what part? I've never been there, but would love to go one day. I'm from England, but now live In Korat, do you live in Thailand now?

...and so it goes on, i think it's called conversation, look it up in the dictionary Konying

You seem to fail to understand the basics , if I wanted to know anything about you, I would have asked but I do not, and I do not care where you come from or where you live or where or what you want to visit .

Furthermore I do have enough brain cells to hear your accent to know you from UK and more reason to keep away ;)

Speaking of troll's, did not take you longwhistling.gif

Welcome to my ignore list and congrats you are the first and most likely only one

Amusing to see a troll post a troll topic and then accuse a respected member of being a troll.

Respected?cheesy.gif

What took you so long. He's been on my ignore list for a looooooong time.

BTW, where ya from, LOL.

It's about as stupid as our stock meeting question "Hello Majic how are you "? it really annoys me when a Doctor asks me the same,one day i'm really going to lose it and reply " i'm not F...in well, that's why i'm here to see you"

I think it's extremely interesting where everybody is from. We're lucky here in Thailand. Pretty much the entire world is represented here. It can make for some wonderful conversations. Most of the times anyway. whistling.gif

Are your hemorrhoids flaring up, Konying?

It's just a simple opening line for a bit of smalltalk. Certainly nothing to get upset about, and much nicer than having someone turn their eyes away or scowl at you.

Are your hemorrhoids flaring up, Konying?

It's just a simple opening line for a bit of smalltalk. Certainly nothing to get upset about, and much nicer than having someone turn their eyes away or scowl at you.

Not old enough yet to have hemmorrhoids. So do not need to be chatted up ;)

I think it's extremely interesting where everybody is from. We're lucky here in Thailand. Pretty much the entire world is represented here. It can make for some wonderful conversations. Most of the times anyway. whistling.gif

Yes get to meet half of SAS squad :)

Yes get to meet half of SAS squad smile.png

I've yet to meet anybody who's ever claimed this. Other than my neighbor and he was actually part of some military squad. Not sure which one, but I did see his pics when he was fully kitted out! LOL

Time this thread was closed. It's nothing more than a vehicle for a very narrow-minded bloke who is incapable of civil conversation to spew ad nauseum his mantra of dislike for anyone who cares about manners and politeness. This second-rate curmudgeon doesn't change gears - he just grinds on in the same boring way. An intelligent conversation this is not. So the question "Where you from?" does apply - with an addendum: "Where you from? Where your head at?"

:)

To me it's a question of interest by the person asking and being friendly.....It's a pretty harmless way of small conversation bearing in mind that that other avenues of conversation might be more than what they might be prepared to handle making things awkward.... I take it as a friendly gesture and an opening to have fun.....

I have also been asked by other Farangs the same question - pretty harmless....

I've yet to meet anybody who's ever claimed this. Other than my neighbor and he was actually part of some military squad. Not sure which one, but I did see his pics when he was fully kitted out! LOL

Me either. 2 decades as an expat and yet to bump into somebody in a bar or restaurant regaling their tales of special forces days gone by.

It just gets rolled out ad nauseum by the TV trolls over and over it seems.

An urban myth that grows and grows

Me either. 2 decades as an expat and yet to bump into somebody in a bar or restaurant regaling their tales of special forces days gone by.

Yeah, but the best disguise is to appear normal - I sit in a bar, bloated, drunk, lecherous, and tell you I'm a CIA spy. You're not going to suspect that I really am. Until I slip the piano wire around your scrawny neck.

I hate it when they seem to be amazed that Yes.........I can eat spicy food. Then they watch you eat it and get happy like somerhing important just happened.....

I hate it when they seem to be amazed that Yes.........I can eat spicy food. Then they watch you eat it and get happy like somerhing important just happened.....

Very true, always the amazement that a foreigner can eat spicy

Sort of like i have never been robbed so the myth of people being robbed is just a myththumbsup.gif

Speaking of troll's, did not take you longwhistling.gif

Welcome to my ignore list and congrats you are the first and most likely only one

Amusing to see a troll post a troll topic and then accuse a respected member of being a troll.

Respected?cheesy.gif

What took you so long. He's been on my ignore list for a looooooong time.

BTW, where ya from, LOL.

Yes because you can't handle the truth about guns.

So you threw your handbag down.

You seem to fail to understand the basics , if I wanted to know anything about you, I would have asked but I do not, and I do not care where you come from or where you live or where or what you want to visit .

Furthermore I do have enough brain cells to hear your accent to know you from UK and more reason to keep away ;)

...where you from? Britbashersville USA.....i understand the basics of having a conversation, which you obviously do not....so have a good life talking to your cat!

Yes get to meet half of SAS squad :)

I was in the SAS, But not allowed to say.....no, not really, just making CONVERSATION Konying...5555

(Now you want to rip me a new ass-hole don't you?). If you answer, you do realise you are having a chat with me? I love people like you mate, makes my day....come on, you know you want to. Joop joop Konying

I was in the SAS, But not allowed to say.....no, not really, just making CONVERSATION Konying...5555

(Now you want to rip me a new ass-hole don't you?). If you answer, you do realise you are having a chat with me? I love people like you mate, makes my day....come on, you know you want to. Joop joop Konying

Gay forum is few pages down or perhaps gay dating site is where you should be lookingthumbsup.gif

Archived