Finally R&b And Blues In Bkk

JJDinsay

I'm glad to say that I found a little place yesterday called Mojo's. I have searching for it for a long time. Started off weak though - one guy singing different words to the same tune over and over but then after that. The manager got and started hammering away on the harmonica. some 65 year old dude with the lungs of a 15 year old started jammin on the sax and some Thai guitarist named Blues Lee belted out tunes like he was Mr. BB King himself. if you like Blues and R&B, I have to say that Mojo's was a great time - I can't remember when the last time I had such a great time. And greasy, sloppy ribs to boot!!! Anyone been der before?

JJ...what you describe sounds wonderful and answers a number of queries coming to this forum regarding a good down home blues venue in BKK. That they offer good food as well is excellent...

I'm puttin' together a band 'Tutsiwarrior and the Hutu Maniacs' with the Robert Johnson Revue...look out BKK...

pvtdick...according to yesterday's BKK Post Mojos is on Sukhumvit 30/2, phone bkk 260 8430...

c'mon the rest of you degenerates and get your hands out from under the covers...I also envision 'Tutsi's gospel choir' when we branch out to other types of indigenous US black music...plenty of room for all...Chicago, Detroit, Oakland and the rest, look out for the tutsi brigade comin' at you from BKK...(recording contracts shall be organised by selected representatives of thaivisa with tutsi's review and approval...)

Whoooops - Sorry, got off at Thonglor. It's on Sukhumvit 33 I believe, down the street from Pan Pan. Turn down sukhumvit 33 and keep walking down. Look out for a sign for the Office and turn down that mini street - U can't miss the sign.

http://www.bangkokmojos.com/home.html

Enjoy. And get the ribs and some extra helpings of corn bread. Crap, maybe I'm hyping it up too much - I loved it and so did everyone else I was wid.

Tutsi Warrior - if U need some vocals give me a ring. . . ..

I wouldn't mind so much if Eric Clapton or a fossil like John Mayall was allowed to take control of Mr Carabao's band but otherwise the clop clop riding the horse music is strictly for thai juvenile delinquents on motorbikes...

I have to admit that there is some good local guitar talent around...last week there was a band on TV that had a maniac on a black Gibson Les Paul Jr that belted it out in the manner and fashion of late 80s US rock and roll...not bad...

tutsi and his band of renown to the rescue!!!

dave...protestants from northern ireland and their music are inappropriate in a local buddhist venue (except for 'Brown Eyed Girl'...we could lie and say that Jimmy Buffet wrote it...)

I thought he was referring to Jim Morrison of the Doors fame. LA Woman is still one of my favorites...

John Mayall

the mere mention of that name brings tears of joy to my eyes.

the mentor and inspiration for so many.

he is an old man now but still plays regularly.

did a gig with eric clapton in liverpool last year.

does the mojo have live music every night?

what about lam morrison?

I tink Dave be referring to Lam M from Ed Carabao's little outfit...

Btw I saw the best White Blues Guitarist alive (only just IMHO) last year on the same revue as Mr Mayall , a bumbling old chap by the name of Peter Green , 70% crazy but still plays Black Magic woman the way Devadip Santana can only dream about...

Chonabot in Tenerife with Mrs C........it's ok but it aint Los.... :o

dave...I intended righteous chicago blues with tutsi reeling off the riffs in Michael Bloomfield style. However, since the last post the wife caught me in blow job flagrante with one of the neighbor ladies and smashed my Les Paul Jr on my head...that hurt (loss of the guitar, that is). So now we shall have to wait until I can find a replacement.

Please feel free to carry on in my stead...and remember the wealth of talent available from other posters on thai.visa.

dave...sorry, but as well as smashing up my guitar my wife has chained me to the bed and stomped on my hands such that I cannot play any longer or masturbate. The local duck farms were culled during the avian flu crisis and I believe that she is keeping me alive to have the pleasure of feeding my remains to them personally when they regenerate.

If your man is an ace chicago style blues guitarist he shouldn't have a problem with back up and appreciative audiences. From what I've seen on the TV the local lads can handle good licks. However, a good harp player might be hard to find...

advertise when your man starts his tour...if I survive my present ordeal I shall hold up my broken, bandaged hands from the audience, mount the stage and take off on some Robert Johnson material or some of the better known Muddy Waters or Little Walter as 'Southside Tutsi'...

Southside Tutsi...crippled bluesman comin' at you from the depths of central thailand...

de blues does not allow criticism from the young and uninformed. I presume that you figure that Kurt Cobain invented angst and a three bar progression. A guy that I worked with in SE Alaska was from Montesano, Cobain's family home outside of Aberdeen...he took his big bucks from the logging camp bought a load of heroin and promptly ODed...he was a good riggin' man...only 21 years old...

he liked rock and roll...

winle

although young myself, i disagree, having watched the blues factory grow over the past 30 months, it does'nt cater for everybody but then who does, if people want girls etc, then there are many gogo bars, if people want live music in an atmosphere that is fun and discreet then that is the goal of the blues factory, and it works.

i like gogos, but i also like having an enviroment that is comfortable for couples young or old, including my mum who loved it.

also blues music is something else when played well.

as a customer then its up to you, you are entitled to your opinion,

davethailand, the blues factory.

ps, i hope my honesty does'nt put you off coming back..

pps i respect your opinion but you've obviously been in more than once, i don't care but i'm wondering who you are? and if its not for you why you came back?

Sliding slightly to the side....

The Phuket Blues band...

Every Friday night, lord I miss them, here in Nig...they make a game of pool complete...they are on in the Freedom Bar, Rawai (civilisation) Phuket!!

Please Please buy the band a drink for me....

Bash