Thai PM deploys carrier to act as migrant processing centre

webfact

i don't know if i read this correctly but did he say people can be treated in thai hospitals but will be charged with illegal entry,ohhh

You did read it correctly. Apparently, if you are ill you need to choose between dying or receiving hospital care, and then being charged as an illegal.

sad.png

Do they get charged for the Hospital bill as well?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems like a good solution. Once they have their full compliment they can sail right back up to Rakhine state and drop off the lot of them back were they should be anyway.

Lemme see..... Who was it that brought all those Bangladeshi people into Rakhine state to work in the Tea Plantations and do the local fighting for them? Could it have been some Colonial Power? Noooo....not the British again....Noooo....impossible....!!

i don't know if i read this correctly but did he say people can be treated in thai hospitals but will be charged with illegal entry,ohhh

You did read it correctly. Apparently, if you are ill you need to choose between dying or receiving hospital care, and then being charged as an illegal.

sad.png

Of course, and being non-Thai they will have to pay up-front and be surcharged the same as farangs!

Don't report Thailand in a bad light? Any light shown at all will result in a negative report. Dear leader should of said don't report at all.

Sadly they still not using that pos carrier that's basically only a tourist attraction in Sattahip. I'm looking forward to the two Chinese subs they are buying to be parked next to this carrier after they take delivery. I think it was about a year after they took delivery of the carrier before it was basically parked with the exception of a few natural disasters they used it for.

They will use the subs to tow the carrier around.....

sad.png

Their Travel Insurance should cover that.

(sarc)

That seems like a good solution. Once they have their full compliment they can sail right back up to Rakhine state and drop off the lot of them back were they should be anyway.

Lemme see..... Who was it that brought all those Bangladeshi people into Rakhine state to work in the Tea Plantations and do the local fighting for them? Could it have been some Colonial Power? Noooo....not the British again....Noooo....impossible....!!

Just stop it.

They were there at least five centuries before the Brits had any involvement.

Clean your own windows before you throw mud on others.

http://news.yahoo.com/australia-rejects-vietnamese-refugee-claims-40-minutes-002434472.html

Australia rejects Vietnamese refugee claims in 40 minutes

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia secretly held a group of 46 Vietnamese asylum seekers on a warship at sea for almost a month and rejected their refugee claims during interviews that took as little as 40 minutes before returning them all to Vietnam last month, officials said.

The Vietnamese men, women and children were intercepted by an Australian border security vessel on March 20 and the asylum seekers were returned to the Vietnamese port of Vung Tau on April 18, Immigration Department secretary Michael Pezzullo told a Senate committee late Monday.

Maj. Gen. Andrew Bottrell, the army officer who oversees Australia's border security operations, said their refugee claims were rejected after individual interviews at sea that lasted between 40 minutes and 2 hours.

What about that?

Edited by ThaiUser

Thailand did not cause this exodus and therefore shouldn't be blamed for it.

I agree with you the blame should go to the country that forces these people to leave. Still the shame is with us how we have dealt with the situation until the problem was pushed into the public domain.

As an addition to your thoughts, I would like to see an International contingent, Political, Military, Police etc. go with them with the sole aim of obtaining these peoples rights to recognition of there citizenship within Myanmar and any benefits due to them, as they would be to a "normal" Burmese citizen. Myanmar is definitely the transgressor here and has acted totally contrary to any International codes of conduct. In effect they have just shuffled off their responsibility to neighbour nations. It's a pity there seems to be no one from the "migrants" willing to take up the reins.

Reuters: May 24, 2015 2:52 PM

Italian couple suspected of skimming off migrant money: prosecutor

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian couple have been arrested on suspicion of running a charity that skimmed off state money intended to help manage rising numbers of migrants, a prosecutor in the southern city of Naples said.

The arrests came months after police said they had uncovered a gang in Rome profiting illegally from public contracts and subsidies for services including running camps for Roma and other migrants.

---------

It looks like that in western countries there is also an element that likes to profit from this kind of business. Only here are the culprits blamed and not the whole country or all people.

Yes, Roma are also people with no citizenship or civil rights in some European countries. The reason why they don't bash traffickers' countries for traffickers is probably that they are EU citizens.

Edited by micmichd

Filipina maid photographs "modern slavery" in Hong Kong

Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Mon, 25 May 2015 22:00 GMT

Author: Thomson Reuters Foundation

By Emma Batha

LONDON, May 26 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A Filipina maid in Hong Kong has published stark photographs of burned and beaten domestic workers to highlight the "modern slavery" she says has long been the city's shameful secret. [……]

Many work up to 19-hour days. Some are underpaid or not paid at all. Others are denied food or beaten, she said.

http://www.trust.org/item/20150525220057-pihxn/

As I have written before the problem isn’t a problem that only applies to Thailand but is a global problem and should be addressed on the global stage in the UN. It would show who gives lip services and who is serious about the issue.

Certainly it isn’t right to see and blame Thailand as the only country that is faced with it. It doesn’t take away the shame and blame that has been accumulated until now but at least something is done that hopefully saves lives and people in charge do reconsider their position on the issue.

Why not? They would be illegal immigrants. They didn't come through a border crossing and present the necessary paperwork, so they are illegal. No?

Ezzra and NKK. ANY up to date pictures of the rust bucket,barnacle laden aircraft carrier?

I'm pretty sure it's actually run out to sea every month but I could be mistaken!

If there are pictures of the carrier they will have been taken by a Thai.

I remember reading a letter in the BP from a foreigner who went with his family to a open day at Sattahip and as soon as he produced his camera to take all the obligatory poses was stopped by naval personnel who said foreigners were not permitted to photograph in military facilities.

In that case how do you and Ezzra know that the carrier is a rust bucket covered in barnacles?

""If anyone is injured or sick, they can be treated at hospitals in Thailand but will face illegal entry charges -- it is up to them to decide."

We will NOT be having these people point out who the kingpins are...absolutely not.

Yes, Roma are also people with no citizenship or civil rights in some European countries. The reason why they don't bash traffickers' countries for traffickers is probably that they are EU citizens.

I have only gone through the international news that targeted the last two days and it isn't only Thailand that showed up when it came to trafficking of people or mistreating migrants.

But reading the comments on the TV that touch these topics I start to think I am living in a different universe and that my country in the eyes of many ex-pats is a pariah state and that all of my people are aliens on this planet.

Just stop it.

You sound like Bill O'Reilly in Fox News, throwing untrue or vague statement around like they are facts, take a look at the Wiki page before you start throwing mud.

Ezzra and NKK. ANY up to date pictures of the rust bucket,barnacle laden aircraft carrier?

I'm pretty sure it's actually run out to sea every month but I could be mistaken!

If there are pictures of the carrier they will have been taken by a Thai.

I remember reading a letter in the BP from a foreigner who went with his family to a open day at Sattahip and as soon as he produced his camera to take all the obligatory poses was stopped by naval personnel who said foreigners were not permitted to photograph in military facilities.

In that case how do you and Ezzra know that the carrier is a rust bucket covered in barnacles?

As opposed to your CGI pictures?

Have you ever been at sea, unless that ship has been dry docked in recent months, she will be full of barnacles on her hull.

Also unless she gets kept in pristine condition, salt water rust is quite natural all over the ship, even new ships will rust up pretty quickly.

Just stop it.

You sound like Bill O'Reilly in Fox News, throwing untrue or vague statement around like they are facts, take a look at the Wiki page before you start throwing mud.

Oh boy using wiki as a credible source ?

Filipina maid photographs "modern slavery" in Hong Kong

Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation - Mon, 25 May 2015 22:00 GMT

Author: Thomson Reuters Foundation

By Emma Batha

LONDON, May 26 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - A Filipina maid in Hong Kong has published stark photographs of burned and beaten domestic workers to highlight the "modern slavery" she says has long been the city's shameful secret. [……]

Many work up to 19-hour days. Some are underpaid or not paid at all. Others are denied food or beaten, she said.

http://www.trust.org/item/20150525220057-pihxn/

As I have written before the problem isn’t a problem that only applies to Thailand but is a global problem and should be addressed on the global stage in the UN. It would show who gives lip services and who is serious about the issue.

Certainly it isn’t right to see and blame Thailand as the only country that is faced with it. It doesn’t take away the shame and blame that has been accumulated until now but at least something is done that hopefully saves lives and people in charge do reconsider their position on the issue.

Yes there are cases all over the world one more horrific than the the other , The difference being which you don't seem to be able to grasp is that Thailand , Malaysia, Myanmar and Indonesian have given it state sponsorship. Police Army , Government Representatives all complicit in one way the other, Go to Europe and tell me ethnic people are "Slaves"

Thailand did not cause this exodus and therefore shouldn't be blamed for it.

Turning a blind eye to human traffickers who trick and kidnap people into leaving most certainly plays a part in the exodus. These people aren't sitting in front of a computer reading about the harrowing experience that awaits them. They are being told, "if you pay us money, we'll take you to a place where you are welcome." Don't tell me that the traffickers have not blame in this.

Why not? They would be illegal immigrants. They didn't come through a border crossing and present the necessary paperwork, so they are illegal. No?

The empathy and humanity shown by some posters here are truly amazing!!

post-218648-0-03594900-1432615306_thumb.

They should have deployed that rust bucket, barnacle laden aircraft carrier the Chakri Naruebet

that been sitting idle for so many years, she can also be used for a floating market to pay for

her up keeps....

According to the other paper, which cannot be named, the Navy are using a landing platform dock ship, HTMS Angthong (LPD 791)which is a far more useful vessel as they can partly flood the dock and boats can sail in and out easily. That means that the refugees don't have to climb up to the carrier or be winched up.