Cataract / Lens Replacement Surgery

moonseeker

Yes there are options - but most will be out of pocket as insurance will not cover as there are still more issues that can develop and be costly to correct. But that said for many they are probably a good choice - especially if in good health and have many years of life expected. But others; especially those that have worn glasses, the option to only need glasses for reading might make the cost/risk assessment different. And for some there is also the no additional cost option of one eye far and other close mono vision.

Report.....

My friend, who I posted for, had an initial check-up and offer from Bangkok Pattaya. As we did not feel comfortable with the Dr.'s changing explanations and offers and staff being really pushy to sign up for surgery immediately, we paid the check-up and left.

Next day we went to Dr. Nattawat @: http://www.pattayaeyecenter.com/

This Dr. comes highly recommended and his CV shows a lot of experience. He speaks good E and we liked him immediately, also the clinic is much simpler than BPH. Also his staff very friendly. He had several patients there and seemed quite busy. The Dr. expalined all options in Detail and mentioned that 1 eye was so "bad" that the chances of not having to use glasses again were somewhat reduced.

My friend had both eyes done 2 days ago for cataracts and bad astigmatism with the newest model multi-focals on the market, a type that was not even mentioned @ BPH. We can't comment on the result yet, but treatment & surgery was flawless and friendly. Cost compares probably 20% below BPH.

We had Rutnin Hospital in mind, but my friend preferred to get it done locally. Regards. MS>

I had one eye done by Dr. Nattawat in 2007. Still perfect. He wanted to do both eyes at once, but I couldn't bear to be blind for a couple of days until the patches came off. My second eye needs doing, but I'm now back in the UK, so its NHS for me.

I thoroughly recommend Dr. Nattawat - I had previously started treatment with PBH, but they were so crude with their testing that I was scared to go for the operation. Dr. Nattawat saw me a couple of weeks later and set my mind at ease, performed the operation and had good after-care.