Shooting Son Doong in 360°

Tywais

This is a remarkable and massive undertaking to shoot 360° in the world's largest cave using the most powerful LED lights there are.

Shooting Son Doong in 360°

Making a massive interactive gigapixel experience in the world’s largest cave

As me and my team left for Vietnam this January, we had a goal: to make an interactive reportage about the world’s largest cave for National Geographic. This included several things no one had ever attempted before: lighting up and capturing the largest caverns that exist on this Earth. In 360 degrees.

What could go wrong, right?

My name is Martin, and I work with interactive journalism. I’m using immersive forms of storytelling to bring about important stories to people in new ways, working at the intersection of photography, journalism and technology — a very interesting field, where innovation is key.

I think we have but scratched the surface of digital storytelling, and that we’re nowhere near using all of the potential the internet has given us. This is a sector I want to help spearhead, to make important stories reach people in new and more interactive ways.

Full article here - Petapixel.com

Interactive walk through of the cave - Fly Through A Colossal Cave: Son Doong in 360°

Photo by Mats Kahlström

RS64_SonDoong360-05-MatsKahlstrom-VN-150

Archived