No More 3mil Investment Visas In Thailand

Apply now for the 3 million Baht investment visa before Oct 1st! You then will be "grandfathered in" forever, if you are approved.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com :D

I WAS HAVING AN INVESTMENTVISA BASED ON THE OLD RULES UNTIL 2003/4 WITH 3M DEPOSIT ON ANY BANK OR INVETSEMNTFUND.

IN 2004 THE RENEWAL WAS REFUSED, DO TO CHANGES IN POLICY,,ONLY ACCEPT GOVERMENTBANK AT THIS TIME THERE WAS THE 0% POLICY FOR FOREIGENRS, SINCE THAN I NO INVESTMENTVISA. BECAUSE I NOT FOLLOWED THE NEW REGULATIONS

THIS IS [GRANDFATHERED FOR EVERu],,,,SURE NOT !!! THEY COULD CHANGE RULE ANYTIME AND DO SO, NEXT YEAR YOU CAN APPLY UNDER NEW RULES................

SECONDAHNDCONDOS,shares,investmentfunds all not excepted!!!

who belive you would have it forever???????????????????

in 2000 when i made first visa on 3m deposit they told YOU HAVE IT FOREVER,, ne.................until 2003 and then rules changed, yes i could have it forever,,,if i followed new regulations....

and now guys???????????? this year you have, and next year waht they want from you ?????

10million.,,,or what,,,,, you sure for ever,,,,never :o

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apply

dont forget in most contracts ua. in thaielitecard is standing the most important notice under the disclaimer

ANY BENEFITS OR RIGHTS COULD BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE

think about this,,, rules was changed every time here, without notice

"It took 8 days for a wire from Bank of America to be processed into Thailand into my personal account at SCB"

it takes 24 hours to wire transfer (by SWIFT) any amount from Europe, Singapore or Hong Kong to my account with SBC.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just returned from Immigration with my one year extension based on my secondhand condo worth more than 3M baht. There were no problems when I submitted my application (the first time I haven't had to go and make an extra copy of something). They took 30 days to consider it, which is considerably quicker than in previous years.

Obviously, I didn't want to rock the boat by asking any questions!

The only further point which was suggested by a Thai friend (with no special knowledge of Immigration procedures) is that although I am the eighth owner, all the previous owners were companies, investment funds or banks. He thought it might possibly make a difference if it had previously been owned by a Thai person.

I can't begin to express how relieved I feel - I didn't sleep at all last night.

Has anyone else had the result of an application?

• 4 weeks later...
Just went to Penang to get my 1 year multiple entry non-O visa (90 days stay). Had all the paper work, marriage certificate (17 years by now) original and copies. I was asked to produce my wife ID card !!!
Francis, did you have to show a Thai savings account book with a certain minimum balance in it?

I am asking because another poster applying for a multiple-entry non-O visa for visiting family was asked in Penang to show a balance of 400K. Others reading this will be interested to know.

Another question: was this your first application for a non-O visa? (There have been reports that Penang gives only a single-entry visa on the first application, multiple-entry on subsequent applications)

---------------

Maestro

Maestro,

Very late reply indeed. Nothing else was asked, I think the clerk was trying his luck as usually people are doing visa run on their own. I guess he was surprised to see the requested ID card and could not think of anything else.

On this particular passport this was the second Non O Visa also issued in Penang.

It looks like the mood of the Penang consulate frequently changes, the drivers will always remain a puzzle for most of us.

I have just returned from Immigration with my one year extension based on my secondhand condo worth more than 3M baht. There were no problems when I submitted my application (the first time I haven't had to go and make an extra copy of something). They took 30 days to consider it, which is considerably quicker than in previous years.

Obviously, I didn't want to rock the boat by asking any questions!

The only further point which was suggested by a Thai friend (with no special knowledge of Immigration procedures) is that although I am the eighth owner, all the previous owners were companies, investment funds or banks. He thought it might possibly make a difference if it had previously been owned by a Thai person.

I can't begin to express how relieved I feel - I didn't sleep at all last night.

Has anyone else had the result of an application?

JR Texas (51, USA): Reply to Logpoacher: I am confused. I thought the 3M baht investment visa rule was abolished as of Oct. 1, 2006.

Perhaps it was abolished but the old rule was grandfathered. That would make sense if you wanted to curtail future investment.......a crazy thing to do.....so it makes sense given that we are talking about visa/business rules and regulations in LOS.

If grandfathered, I thought the investment visa rule only applied to new condo ownership and not to used condo ownership. If so, how did Logpoacher get the visa? :o

Those in the system were grandfathered and at one point used condo's were allowed.

@lodburi

IMMIGRATION DENIED MY ONEYEARVISA ON USED CONDOS!!!!!!!!

it was pattaya immigration ( august/2006)

because when i heard about in an newxpaper i went there , showed teme the chanots and original valuation in contract BUT NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!