Does old husband and young Thai wife combo work ?

I know several Thai women who are in relationships with farang men their age who wouldn't be remotely interested in a guy old enough to be their father or grandfather.

You older chaps probably never meet them.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know several Thai women who are in relationships with farang men their age who wouldn't be remotely interested in a guy old enough to be their father or grandfather.

I've met them. They are nice ladies. Told me one has to watch what one says to young men as they are not emotionally as stable as older fellows so the ladies normally make up stories to keep the young guys from jumping off the balconies.

attachicon.gifHillary-Clinton.gifA lot in common. An American woman about my age photo #1 Or Photo #2. Now be realistic. Who do I have more in common with?

Dunno about u guys but I'll take box number 2 any day :-)

Number 2 is very below average.

Surely a farang pension can get

something better than that in

Thailand in 2015?

There is a guy posting here who has had 40 "anti old guy in Thailand with young women posts" out of the last 50 of his posts. Now you know the guy is obsessed and must as you said be upset because he is fishing in the same pool as the old white guys.

I remember reading somewhere about a young guy who had his wife stolen by an old Farang football coach in Bangkok. It must be rough but that is what you get fishing in that pool.

If you want an educated Thai good girl then you had better be an educated good Farang guy. Age is not the first criteria.

Same thing with a pig farmer. If you want to marry a Thai girl to farm pigs you should be a pig farmer yourself. I would think that the girl thinks about the pig farmers expertise a long time before she considers his age - and age and experience probably outweigh him being a handsome young guy.

No age isn't the first criteria but it's

not as immaterial as you're trying to

make out.

rgs2001uk was 100% correct. Where

I live (Thonglor) the hot, well-dressed,

Merc-driving hotties would sooner

gouge out their own eyes than hang

off the arm of the type of battered

codgers you see around Lower

Sukhumvit limping to a short-time

hotel with a knackered soi 4 dolly bird.

On the other hand, I do see some of

those hotties with younger,

professional-looking foreign guys

who at least might share interests in

comtemporary music and fashion.

You can spin it and dissect it all you

like but the old guys are not playing

in the same leagues outside the

tourist traps.

I've met them. They are nice ladies. Told me one has to watch what one says to young men as they are not emotionally as stable as older fellows so the ladies normally make up stories to keep the young guys from jumping off the balconies.

Or maybe they make things up to tell old men what they want to hear?

Or maybe you're just making things up.

Edited by SoiBiker

attachicon.gifHillary-Clinton.gifA lot in common. An American woman about my age photo #1 Or Photo #2. Now be realistic. Who do I have more in common with?

Dunno about u guys but I'll take box number 2 any day :-)

Number 2 is very below average.

Surely a farang pension can get

something better than that in

Thailand in 2015?

There is a guy posting here who has had 40 "anti old guy in Thailand with young women posts" out of the last 50 of his posts. Now you know the guy is obsessed and must as you said be upset because he is fishing in the same pool as the old white guys.

I remember reading somewhere about a young guy who had his wife stolen by an old Farang football coach in Bangkok. It must be rough but that is what you get fishing in that pool.

If you want an educated Thai good girl then you had better be an educated good Farang guy. Age is not the first criteria.

Same thing with a pig farmer. If you want to marry a Thai girl to farm pigs you should be a pig farmer yourself. I would think that the girl thinks about the pig farmers expertise a long time before she considers his age - and age and experience probably outweigh him being a handsome young guy.

No age isn't the first criteria but it's

not as immaterial as you're trying to

make out.

rgs2001uk was 100% correct. Where

I live (Thonglor) the hot, well-dressed,

Merc-driving hotties would sooner

gouge out their own eyes than hang

off the arm of the type of battered

codgers you see around Lower

Sukhumvit limping to a short-time

hotel with a knackered soi 4 dolly bird.

tourist traps.

You have to remember that for some of these guys, the bar scene pretty much is Thailand - they don't really know anything else.

Their mental map of the country only covers lower Sukhumvit, Pattaya, Patong and Isaan.

No stories of the other side of the coin and the baggage these 35 year olds bring to the partnership, no tales of the lazy teenage hammock swinging stepsons who choose to stay at home and eat into the pension of some of our aging lotharios, rather than getting a job.

No wonder many turn to drink, its their only escape from the utter banality and boredom of their lives in paradise.

Great Scott, swap the stepson for

a decomposing father-in-law lurking

in the bike shed and I'd swear you

were talking about marko.

The hapless fellow who cant be named lives on Lat Prao 101.

I will wager #1 doesnt have a grandmother who needs a hip replacement or a grandfather who needs open heart surgery, doesnt also have a herd of buffalo needing vets bills to be paid.

As for #2, whats she doing in a bar in lower Suk, that no normal riap roy Thai girl would be seen dead in, doesnt she have a job to go to?

As for these fit young hotties, you are welcome to them, many of them had lives that were over before they ever got the bus south, no Thai man from a decent family wants them, no young farang guy here wants them, why would they, they can choose from hundreds of decent girls from decent families with no baggage in tow.

I'll agree with the 'no Thai man wants them'

But strongly disagree with 'no young white guy wants them'

As far as I can see, young white guys are fishing in the same pool as old white guys.

If you are talking about the 2 week millionaires, or those who never make it out of the lower Suk enclave I agree with you.

There are some who live and work here full time and who head off to places such as Nakon Nayok, Khao Yai or Rayong at the weekends, and stay in Thai style resorts and mix with the girls who head there at the weekends to escape the heat and humidity of Bkk and to relax.

I was sat with a bunch of office girls a few months back.

Some farang had sent a FB post wanting to befriend one of these girls, who were all late 20s early 30s, as I translated the age and said he is 48, they almost all said in unison, mai ao gair laew, no thanks he is too old.

For clarity, this didnt take place in lower Suk.

tourist traps.

But what's the point of having things in common if you can barely communicate? That's really what it comes down to. I'm not saying your scenario is not possible....I've just never seen it. Nearly all the true "hotties" that I've seen with farangs are rentals. Quality Thai girls who don't need the money and have the goods to get most any guy are going to want someone that they can communicate with perfectly (read Thai guys).

It's a theory, but it would seem that there are certain kinds of Thai women who are interested in dating farangs. These women usually have issues, whether it's financial, single mother, getting older, not physically attractive....whatever. These women are willing to sacrifice the communication thing for a financially stable relationship. And to these women, the age is not as big a deal as it would be to a "normal" Thai girl seeking a "normal" relationship. That's why it seems that Thai women I see with both older and younger farangs are largely similar.

If you are older then she is by more then 10 years she is with you for the money... Come back to reality guys. She is with you for the long haul.

Its not a bad thing its just how it is.

Girls are girls and 1 too many wines one night she will forget all about you for a few hours.

Got a Thai manager at work who is boasting to all her friends how handsome her new gig is... Her husband is Dutch and 20 years older then her.. Used to work in our office. Messed up.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

That is the point I was trying to make. It all comes down to your believability. Thailand is different. How can I prove this? Thai men don't go to bed dreaming about London night life. Rich Thai men don't retire in Boston even though it is on the ocean.

There is a club in Bangkok that meets once a week to watch the news. They don't bet on who can take the most BBC news readers out to lunch.

Thailand is a country for wealthy old men of all nationalities it has been that way for as long as I have been here and that is probably been since before you were born.

I don't have to ask you to prove my hypothesis. I can ask myself. I was in Thailand at 20 and at 60 and the ladies got better looking as I got older and wiser and wealthier. As I got older I did not get better looking or poorer. biggrin.png

If you make it you will also be able to test your own hypothesis. When you are 60 and a rich old guy in Thailand come back and tell us if the ladies are better than when you were a kid.

tourist traps.

But what's the point of having things in common if you can barely communicate? That's really what it comes down to. I'm not saying your scenario is not possible....I've just never seen it. Nearly all the true "hotties" that I've seen with farangs are rentals. Quality Thai girls who don't need the money and have the goods to get most any guy are going to want someone that they can communicate with perfectly (read Thai guys).

It's a theory, but it would seem that there are certain kinds of Thai women who are interested in dating farangs. These women usually have issues, whether it's financial, single mother, getting older, not physically attractive....whatever. These women are willing to sacrifice the communication thing for a financially stable relationship. And to these women, the age is not as big a deal as it would be to a "normal" Thai girl seeking a "normal" relationship. That's why it seems that Thai women I see with both older and younger farangs are largely similar.

A lot of those hotties speak English

and more of these younger bucks

can speak Thai reasonably well.

Just to be clear, this isn't a self-serving

argument for me - in my opinion, being

mid 40s, I'm too old for those girls -

but I do find it puzzling how absolutely-

nothing-special old men really believe

they're transformed into superstars

who genuinely have a shot at the best

women Thailand has to offer.

You're 100% right on the types of women

that have traditionally dated farangs but I

think that's changing fast with more of the

mainstream attractive and young women

not ruling out farangs as quickly as they

might have done in the past.

tourist traps.

Quality Thai girls who don't need the money and have the goods to get most any guy are going to want someone that they can communicate with perfectly (read Thai guys).

There is for want of a better classifier, another group not yet mentioned, the luk kreung Thai women.

In The CBD there are luk kreung women working who are fluent in at least Thai and English and in some cases fluent in a third language such as German.

These women have all been educated abroad and in some cases worked abroad and have been sent here to gain exposure to and experience in Asia, some are on a fast track career programme and will at some point return to farangland.

My mates daughter is just one of these girls, 24 years old a degree holder in IBM, International Business Management working for a large MNC.

A lot of those hotties speak English

and more of these younger bucks

can speak Thai reasonably well.

Just to be clear, this isn't a self-serving

argument for me - in my opinion, being

mid 40s, I'm too old for those girls -

but I do find it puzzling how absolutely-

nothing-special old men really believe

they're transformed into superstars

who genuinely have a shot at the best

women Thailand has to offer.

You're 100% right on the types of women

that have traditionally dated farangs but I

think that's changing fast with more of the

mainstream attractive and young women

not ruling out farangs as quickly as they

might have done in the past.

I don't know where you find the dumb old guys. All the ones I know realize what is going on.

Old guys give them expensive presents because they know what's going on. I used to buy my mia noi vacations by herself so I could get a bit of rest.

Thai women are pretty. Prettier than most Thai men too. That's why I came to Thailand. If I would have wanted a woman to stimulate my mind I'd not have come to Thailand.

Thai women are cute and feminine. Did you ever notice how Thai women run even old Thai women. Little girlie steps - cute.

At my age do you really think I care of my Thai girl has a date once in a while? Aw come on - I can use the nap. biggrin.png

As for these fit young hotties, you are welcome to them, many of them had lives that were over before they ever got the bus south, no Thai man from a decent family wants them, no young farang guy here wants them, why would they, they can choose from hundreds of decent girls from decent families with no baggage in tow.

As far as I can see, young white guys are fishing in the same pool as old white guys.

If you are talking about the 2 week millionaires, or those who never make it out of the lower Suk enclave I agree with you.

There are some who live and work here full time and who head off to places such as Nakon Nayok, Khao Yai or Rayong at the weekends, and stay in Thai style resorts and mix with the girls who head there at the weekends to escape the heat and humidity of Bkk and to relax.

So it’s cool & dry in Nakon Nayok, Khao Yai and Rayong.

Who knew?

If you are older then she is by more then 10 years she is with you for the money... Come back to reality guys. She is with you for the long haul.

Its not a bad thing its just how it is.

Girls are girls and 1 too many wines one night she will forget all about you for a few hours.

Got a Thai manager at work who is boasting to all her friends how handsome her new gig is... Her husband is Dutch and 20 years older then her.. Used to work in our office. Messed up.

Sent from my c64

I am sure there are some around exactly like the one you talk about. Same as the ones living with the young guy and goes out with her friends and hooks up with the older farang who buys her a drink and gives her a thousand baht for a quick one before she goes back to her poor young boyfriend.

Thai women are pretty. Prettier than most Thai men too. That's why I came to Thailand. If I would have wanted a woman to stimulate my mind I'd not have come to Thailand.

Thai women are cute and feminine. Did you ever notice how Thai women run even old Thai women. Little girlie steps - cute.

It's all just a matter of individual taste, though, isn't it. To you, childlike = attractive. To me, childlike = like a child. And I'm not attracted to children.

So it’s cool & dry in Nakon Nayok, Khao Yai and Rayong.

Who knew?

All the girls went to Rayong last weekend. Those in the know - go.

I will wager #1 doesnt have a grandmother who needs a hip replacement or a grandfather who needs open heart surgery, doesnt also have a herd of buffalo needing vets bills to be paid.

As for #2, whats she doing in a bar in lower Suk, that no normal riap roy Thai girl would be seen dead in, doesnt she have a job to go to?

LOL. "in common", photo # 2 is prostitute that has nothing "in common" with a old farang. The old fools with prostitutes are hilarious.

That is the point I was trying to make. It all comes down to your believability. Thailand is different. How can I prove this? Thai men don't go to bed dreaming about London night life. Rich Thai men don't retire in Boston even though it is on the ocean.

There is a club in Bangkok that meets once a week to watch the news. They don't bet on who can take the most BBC news readers out to lunch.

Thailand is a country for wealthy old men of all nationalities it has been that way for as long as I have been here and that is probably been since before you were born.

I don't have to ask you to prove my hypothesis. I can ask myself. I was in Thailand at 20 and at 60 and the ladies got better looking as I got older and wiser and wealthier. As I got older I did not get better looking or poorer. biggrin.png

If you make it you will also be able to test your own hypothesis. When you are 60 and a rich old guy in Thailand come back and tell us if the ladies are better than when you were a kid.

Some Thai men have lived in London or the US - and they seem to have enjoyed the nightlife, judging by the number of trendy, western-influenced bars and cafes they open on their return.

You're just proving my earlier point - you see Thailand as a country for old men, because to you the sum total of the place is the areas where old men go to meet women, or where those women subsequently take them to start their new lives.

Thailand is so much more than you think.

LOL. "in common", photo # 2 is prostitute that has nothing "in common" with a old farang. The old fools with prostitutes are hilarious.

Quite. Most men probably have much more common with a woman their age, no matter how desperately they try and kid themselves they don't.

Let's look at the facts:

1. People prefer dating good looking people, not ugly

2. People prefer dating those in good shape. Not too fat or too thin.

3. People prefer dating those who look and act smart, not slobs or stupid people.

4. Guys prefer dating younger girls

5. Girls prefer dating older guys

6. If given the option people will pick someone with money money over someone without.

These are only a few factors but are some of the main ones, there are others...

Two different guy:

Guy one is young, fat, ugly, stupid and poor.

Guy two is twenty years older, handsome, good shape, smart and not poor.

Now who would the girl pick if

everything else was equal ?

Too many young fat stupid poor guys coming to Thailand and wondering why the girls are going with these older guys. They get on TV and complain :)

Edited by ttthailand

Let's look at the facts:

3. People prefer dating those who look and act smart, not slobs or stupid people.

6. If given the option people will pick someone with money money over someone without.

Those are not facts.

Let's look at the facts:

Those are not facts.

please correct my mistakes

Let's look at the facts:

Those are not facts.

You need to insert the word 'some' into each and every one of them.

Let's look at the facts:

Those are not facts.

You need to insert the word 'some' into each and every one of them.
ok fair enough....

But I want to meet that girl who says she prefers ugly guys over handsome, or poor over rich, or stupid over smart etc....I want to see how she ticks.

I think not many but I am sure there is a few out there someplace.