Not every TV viewer is happy with Prayut 'Returning Happiness to the People'

Lite Beer

How many of those foreigners who are complaining actually understand what is being said.It's Thailand not England, America ,Australia and so on.

If they understood all the lies and patronising attitudes, they'd probably like it even less.

Annoying as {3!@%%&!) when you sit down to watch a movie and 2 minutes into it that program over rides it and they don't pause the movie ! The PMs program ends and the movie comes back on and you've missed the first 50-60 minutes of it. If it's going to be on every single day at the same time, it should be shown on the channel listings and other programs scheduled around it, not over-ridden by it.

Pavlov

Annoying as {3!@%%&!) when you sit down to watch a movie and 2 minutes into it that program over rides it and they don't pause the movie ! The PMs program ends and the movie comes back on and you've missed the first 50-60 minutes of it. If it's going to be on every single day at the same time, it should be shown on the channel listings and other programs scheduled around it, not over-ridden by it.

I was watching a real great historical science program which still had 15 minutes to run when it was cut off. Most of the history programs that started at 6 p.m. lost the first 15 minutes, I just gave up watching one series. My platinum package is due for renewal I don't watch that much anyway but I did enjoy the history and documentaries but I shall forgo them all until things get back to normal.

You may not survive that long.

"So, the powerful TV host recently said he would try to keep his monologue to under 30 minutes and if possible to change the broadcast time."

Just how powerful is he if he can't Article 44 this drivel to a better time?

How many of those foreigners who are complaining actually understand what is being said.It's Thailand not England, America ,Australia and so on.

I imagine most can read the English subtitles!

Most are too lazy and at that time of the day already a bit drunk

biggrin.png You have a good opinion of your fellows expats thumbsup.gif

I think there's a special edition soon of him on "Hard Talk", but with Chris Morris from 'The Day Today' as the host.

(where they, like, you know, ask questions and stuff...).

Edited by Shiver

I imagine most can read the English subtitles!

Most are too lazy and at that time of the day already a bit drunk

biggrin.png You have a good opinion of your fellows expats thumbsup.gif

I think I am not far away from the reality.....

Or may I judge others just from my own experience burp.gif

It's so unbelievably cheesy that I have trouble believing he's saying the things he says.

It's like his speeches are written by a 13 year old Thai schoolgirl with help from her school teaching mum and dad.

At least Hitler had a theme going (avenge the injustice of the allies) whereas old dreamy eyes just waffles on about his utopian dream.

It could only happen in Thailand.

Keep the show to an hour but move the time - to say 3.00 am ? Everyone happy then ?

And one actor should grow a mustache......just watched this guy for ten minutes and one sentence was:

" I hope the Thai people will think for me." If that continues more and more people will need Haloperidol.

Well the director general should make Haloperidol freely available to all people. Whatever the F%=k it is! But it will make listening to his show more interesting, then again so would LSD! Edited by Reigntax

It's so unbelievably cheesy that I have trouble believing he's saying the things he says.

It's like his speeches are written by a 13 year old Thai schoolgirl with help from her school teaching mum and dad.

At least Hitler had a theme going (avenge the injustice of the allies) whereas old dreamy eyes just waffles on about his utopian dream.

It could only happen in Thailand.

Well Hitler was considered as one of the best speaker ever. Prayut is a general who had to take over before civil war broke out. You can't compare them.

But 13 year old might be on purpose it would fit the general audience.

I was watching a real great historical science program which still had 15 minutes to run when it was cut off. Most of the history programs that started at 6 p.m. lost the first 15 minutes, I just gave up watching one series. My platinum package is due for renewal I don't watch that much anyway but I did enjoy the history and documentaries but I shall forgo them all until things get back to normal.

I have tears in my eyes.

Unbelievable some guys dare to complain about this. Try to do this in North Korea and see what happen. This is absolutely respect less against the great leader.

I have tears in my eyes.

Unbelievable some guys dare to complain about this. Try to do this in North Korea and see what happen. This is absolutely respect less against the great leader.

So... you're saying you want Thailand to be more like North Korea?

Anyway, I think rather than shortening the program or moving to another time slot, the good general should just try to spice up the program a bit. People have short attention spans these days, nobody wants to listen to someone talk about policy for an hour at a time. He needs to give it more of a variety show feel; break up the news stuff with musical segments in which he sings karaoke, comedy segments featuring popular actors and former politicians, interviews with celebrities, and maybe some sports as well.

So... you're saying you want Thailand to be more like North Korea?

Actually, no. But who knows what will be in a few Years.

In my opinion, there is way too much propaganda from the Leader. On the TV, on the Newspapers and so on. Everyday he have a new idea to improve the happiness of Thai People. How do he found that much time? I would guess, a person in such a position would be very busy day by day. But obviously not him.

Edited by alocacoc

Thaksin has a cunning plan, pay all the TV stations to run the movies and have them disrupted by the general.

Then everyone will be thoroughly fed up with him.

Howzat for a conspiracy theory?

"Sukhum Nuansakul, a scholar, shared his personal experience of being interrupted by the programme when watching a ferocious boxing match. After about 40 minutes, normal programming resumed but he found the bout had already ended.

It was upsetting and he believed many had similar experiences. "The government should give people the choice and let them watch what they want," he said."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

For a scholar this guy isn't too bright. Since when did military juntas allow people a choice? It's do as we say or else.

Edited by MW72

Keep the show to an hour but move the time - to say 3.00 am ? Everyone happy then ?

And one actor should grow a mustache......just watched this guy for ten minutes and one sentence was:

" I hope the Thai people will think for me." If that continues more and more people will need Haloperidol.

Well the director general should make Haloperidol freely available to all people. Whatever the F%=k it is! But it will make listening to his show more interesting, then again so would LSD!

He has made "yaba" available.

THE ONE AND ONLY SPECIAL REPORT FOR THAI VISA FORUM MEMBERS

Not every TVF viewer is happy with Prayut 'Returning Happiness to the People'.

All TVF members came to the same conclusion that watching him on daily basis is only possible under the influence of Haloperidol and LSD.

Edited by lostinisaan

A broad base of fans, oh well it must be true.

I've never seen his broadcast, a must to avoid for me as I don't like seeing him, he reminds me of my first visit to Madame Tussaud''s.

I do get unhappy though when watching a movie,especially one reaching its conclusion, and on comes the govt propaganda.

The broad base of fans followers all wear green uniforms or have TV accounts..

Edited by arrowsdawdle

My problems is not Thai Soap Operas, I do not understand hitting the Farang Channels like AXN or Fox. One of my favorite programs NCIS and Hawaii 5 O. Not sure how many Thais's are watching these channels.

Dear Genaral/PM, Please keep flushing the devise until the water is clean, but not during NCIS or Golf Tournaments, Thanks !!

Friday night is... Prayut night!

Seriously it should be on once a month. Every week is too much, even for Prayut to perform since the previous week.

But I can see the propaganda angle, plus the opportunity to remind the populous who is in charge. Then educating the populous on the latest wrong doings, and what is the correct way. And then reminding everyone how happy they should be. Who said Thais are like kids; maybe we need Father Prayut to remind us how to be grown up and do the right things? Then everyone needs to be reminded not to be corrupt and ask for fees to smooth the way... Plus all those non correct ways that drive us foreigners mad!

A broad base of fans, oh well it must be true.

I've never seen his broadcast, a must to avoid for me as I don't like seeing him, he reminds me of my first visit to Madame Tussaud''s.

I do get unhappy though when watching a movie,especially one reaching its conclusion, and on comes the govt propaganda.

propaganda indeed! trying to tell the thai p[eople how to behave is a lost cause! for those who are mannerly he is wasting his time for the others, also a lost cause! maybe he is hung up on how he looks on TV!

WRONG! do you watch his diatribe? it has english subtitles! watch it instead of making idiotic statements!

My problems is not Thai Soap Operas, I do not understand hitting the Farang Channels like AXN or Fox. One of my favorite programs NCIS and Hawaii 5 O. Not sure how many Thais's are watching these channels.

Dear Genaral/PM, Please keep flushing the devise until the water is clean, but not during NCIS or Golf Tournaments, Thanks !!

the falang channels are not effected! and when the "dear" leader is on the thai channels i suspect that the thai's go to the Falang channels to brush up on their english!