Apirat: Lottery tickets to be sold no higher than 80 baht apiece beginning June 16th

webfact

"Major General Apirat said overpricing lottery tickets was a criminal offences, explaining that agents would trick retailers into buying tickets in bulk at lower prices and intentionally deliver only a portion of the the tickets.

The practice left the retailers no choice but increase the price of the tickets to compensate for their losses."

Sorry, this isn't a problem of retail pricing, this is a problem of fraud by the agents. How will enforcement of an 80 baht sales price stop the agents from shorting the street sellers? facepalm.gif

Lets hope this government can solve the issue without hurting the many thousands of disabled people who use the current system as a way to earn a living.

I find this kind of thinking very irrational. What is the actual use of the current system over the tickets being sold in vending machines? Why does everyone seem to think that every person on the planet needs to work?

Of course you could just increase the wholesale price of the tickets by the price of the margin the disabled seller is currently getting. The final price would still be the same and we could just give the raised money to the disbled without them having to work. If they still want to work they can choose another job they might like.

I watch the draw on TV and I just cannot understand all the rig marole they do, all different people turn the Handel and they pull out the ball. In the west on all logos all the balls are in a dome they bounce around like in a wind tunnel and a ball comes out showing the number, it takes couple minuets the Thai one takes a good hour, makes you think there is a setup going on. Would not surprise me if that was true.

For their 2x 2 numbers they could have a seperate roll and for the 3 numbers they could also have seperate rolls, would take about 10-15 minuets

The old saying "if something looks to good to be true it probably isn't " the Thai system looks like smoke & mirrors and i always thought it looked a bit iffy, but hey TIT whistling.gif

Finally we know what the military coup of May 22, 2014 was all about.

Major Generals taking care of lottery ticket prices! Wow! I am glad these guys have their priorities sorted out.

While it may seem insignificant and I'm by no means a follower of the current Micky mouse govt it is at least a step in the right direction,unfortunately like in most cases the people who suffer most are not in fact those at the top but the many hundreds of people we all see here on a daily basis trying to scrape a living.

The bottom line is that selling overpriced lottery tickets isn't really a job it's just one of the hundreds of jobs you see here that don't really exist in developed countries but arise out of necessity because work options are limited,the same can be said for people pumping gas in your car at the filling station.

With labour prices so low here the number of fabricated jobs is endless,it's like the guy running round in Makro car park showing me where to park,you never see this in the West people simply wouldn't pay someone to do it.

That said if these lesser jobs keep people in work I'm all for it,after all it saves me getting out of the car etc,unfortunately like most places now the wages don't actually reflect the cost of living.

How can you pay someone 300 baht a day and charge 110 baht for a lottery ticket,it's a false economy.

Why is the price of a lottery ticket of any concern to any government? If it's too expensive don't buy it. Period.

I would know dozens of articles which are overpriced because the seller overcharged, yet no special dictatorial intervention is done.

Just let market do it's wonders.

But this is the government lottery,it makes them look week if they can't even control the sale and running of it does it not,it does in my eyes.

It's slightly different to being overcharged for a plate of pad krapow,that's opportunistic fleecing.

Can I ask are the price of lottery tickets over priced in your home country ?

Would it be accepted by the general population it sure to hell wouldn't be in the UK.

Edited by stoneyboy

Wait and see, I pay everythime 120 Bht in Pattaya, and I don't think the price will go down, maybe to a 110 Bht thats possible, BUT for howlong ? same with the price for take a motorbike taxi, they overcharging like hell here, but nobody from the officials bother about it, they all drive in big cars, so why bother motorbike prices.

I hoped for years they would do something about the Price being raised by sellers !

I mean there are people selling for 110B & 120B , but 90B & 100B seems to be what most vendors charge !

I never have seen or bought a ticket for 80B that I can remember !

I really think we need a daily scratch & play game for 20B a ticket or something , besides the twice a month draw , just to perk it up a bit ! !