High-ranking Thai army man sought for trafficking of Rohingya in South

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But But didn't the army, the very top of the army assure that no military officers were involved.

However this seems to be a police generated investigation which might explain a lot. Seems the children will never be likely to play nicely.

How many times have you heard the head honcho's of anything assure everything was squeaky clean? And then found it ain't?

Bankers, CEO's, army, navy, air force, police, UN, NGO's etc etc

The amount of times the commissioner of the Met or a regional force chief constable claimed there was no corruption in their force - and guess what?

The sadder side of human nature.

No , No...everyone is mistaken...that money is his drug trafficking money.

For his human trafficking money you have to arrest his wife or one of his relatives...then you will find the profits from all the human trafficking in their bank accounts

However do not be confused by the money in the same accounts that comes from all the arms trafficking and trafficking in contraband goods that are combined with the other forms of illegal income.

Just so there is no misunderstanding ...you know??...lol

Cheers

I'll wait and see if the charges lead to a trial, conviction, accomplices identified, and, most important of all, reforms to prevent this sort of corruption in the military. Until these things happen, I'll withhold judgment.

I know that this man has only been accused. He is innocent until proven guilty.

But, I am always sad to hear. That some one as sucessful, can be so greedy. He had a good job with status, and respect. He must have worked hard, and been very capeable. He certainly had a good salary, at his pay grade. Then his greed, and perhaps feeling that he was above the law, because of his status, corrupted him. Why can't people let their good qualities come out, instead of their selfish greed.

I would like to respectfuly suggest. That theThai military acadamies. Have ethics courses, if they already do, Then they should carfully, thoroughly reevaluate them, and improve them.

Senior officers in the Thai military have to have very good connections to get a brass hat, hard work is not part of the equation!

But But didn't the army, the very top of the army assure that no military officers were involved.

However this seems to be a police generated investigation which might explain a lot. Seems the children will never be likely to play nicely.

so you would rather they just cover it up then you wouldn't be posting this garbage

I personally would prefer they arrest this person and charge him and that you remain silent as you really have never had anything constructive to say on here, my evidence is the above post

and by the way - children were playing nicely and happy at a local market in Trat until red terrorist low life thugs decided to present them with a grenade and murder them - can you honestly live with that

What are you talking about? The nation was assured there were no army people involved in trafficking.This seemed incredible given the heavy army presence and influence in the affected areas.

The only two possible explanations for the top brass definitive statement were dishonesty or incompetence.I had earlier assumed the former ( given their track record of lying) but giving these idiots the benefit of the doubt perhaps it is the latter.It seems completely incredible however there were no other senior officers involved.We shall see.

Your reaction to a perfectly fair observation was an irrelevant rant.

It's almost impossible to say that elements of the army weren't involved; to say the RTP and immigration weren't is impossible. The question is... how far up does it go? All the way to Bangkok most probably.

That being the case ( and most likely is ) the people who receive the money at the top are not told: "Sir ..here is your share of the illegal activities you are interconnected to"

In effect General Prayuth is connected to this.

Usually the illegal money is used to sustain their shady military operations in areas that are underfunded while the military management feels more money should be allotted to certain regions....but not enough money is made available from government approved funding.

That being the case, the High ranking officers ignore any money and funding obtained from other sources of income.

Similar to the way the French Army officers used opium trafficking in Laos and Vietnam as a means to finance their covert military operations and sustain their military operations and presence in areas they felt were crucial to their agenda and objectives while being ignored and underfunded by the French government, back in the 1950's

I would surmise, in many aspects, it is the same for an underfunded military operating in the southern most provinces trying to quell a long lasting separatist movement over the last 30 plus years.....and everything that has evolved.

They are more or less left on their own, in some respects, to fund and sustain their presence in the region....so they get pretty creative...beside being opportunistic while using their guns to get what they want.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy