Glasgow airport sales calls

Is is just me but are people getting calls recently for the latest scam de jour of buying car park places at Glasgow airport.

Had three calls in the past 4 weeks from these jokers, all trying to set up meeting with their 'well established local rep who had been in Thailand for 20 years'.

Tried organising meeting at mega bangna but I think I laid on the sarcasm a little too thick.

Yes! I've been called twice in the past month about a car park at Glasgow airport!!

First time I spoke to them I asked where they got my details from as I hardly ever get any cold calls in Thailand, apart from the automated Thai ones.

The guy on the phone said he got my details from LinkedIn, which is rubbish as I'd never put my phone number on a social network site.

Like you say, it's the latest scam and best to avoid at all costs.

Edit to add that I know three other expats who have been called about this.

Pardon my ignorance, but what would be the need for owning a car park "place" at Glasgow airport? Do you mean a business that provides parking for other people at the airport or do you mean a single place to park your own car?

Presumably you're both from Scotland and the caller knew that??

Pardon my ignorance, but what would be the need for owning a car park "place" at Glasgow airport? Do you mean a business that provides parking for other people at the airport or do you mean a single place to park your own car?

No, boiler room boys selling title deeds to individual spots which then collect a revenue stream.

If the caller didn't know it before he called, he certainly would if they answered with a usual Glasgow greeting!

It's genuine and it's an investment opportunity: buy a parking space and rent it back to the airport get 8% guaranteed return/year. Current deal 20,000GPB/space now worth 25,000GBP.

You can buy and sell when you like, no lock in time period! Company called Park First.

Individual space purchase is a very popular investment in the multi storey car parks in Melbourne city centre, but not so expensive and probably a safer option with regard to future-proofing.

Yes, but unlike Thailand, you can actually OWN your parking slot at Glasgow airport.

I think the essence of it being a scam is that you lose your money.

Title deeds in the UK (the British equivalent of a chanote) would not cover individual parking spaces, so any document provided by the vendor of the spaces would be difficult or impossible to verify legitimacy from Thailand.

I suspect, and this is only a guess, that the opportunity offered is to purchase a lease of some parking spaces within a car park and then get a revenue share of the parking charges. Revenue share opportunities are an easy way to get ripped off, as the German company that invested in the tollway near Don Muang airport discovered.

Is this actually a serious topic or just a troll? I ask because some of the responses are not of this world!

Some people need to go and 'Park and ride' their

brains on another planet!

Word the prob? Nothing wrong with any of the answers here.

Is this actually a serious topic or just a troll? I ask because some of the responses are not of this world!

Some people need to go and 'Park and ride' their brains on another planet!

Serious topic.

Been getting these calls and was wondering who else was getting them..

Archived