What are the best online PC games with asian servers ?

popje

Hi, I am not in thailand yet, I am in north america coming to thailand next month I heard I won't really be able to play on my servers from thailand, at least not at a comfortable ms/ping. I'm gonna need to get used to whatever is available in thailand, anyone know good games , especially MMORPGs, RPGs, HacknSlash RPGs and FPS Shooters with servers located in asia ? Can be incoming games or old games, it doesn't matter, keep in mind, I have a high end gaming laptop and will be able to run everything.

Many games have servers located in Singapore. DOTA2 is the one I play the most. Most shooters with dedicated servers will have plenty hosted all over. I'm playing Killing Floor 2 a fair bit at the moment, and there are hundreds of local servers that I get a great ping to (sub-50ms). Likewise, the Battlefield games have no shortage of SEA servers.

As for MMO's, I don't play them much, but I played WoW for a while on the EU servers and it was perfectly playable at around 200ms. For those type of games I can deal with a slightly higher ping.

Basically, most games you play now will likely have servers located in Singapore or even Thailand. The main obstacle to online gaming here is your connection. Rural areas, on the whole, are very bad for gaming, as are shared Wifi connections in apartment buildings. Try to get your own dedicated line and you'll be fine. Also, I'd recommend 3BB or True for your internet provider, as I've found ToT to be terrible for latency.

Many games have servers located in Singapore. DOTA2 is the one I play the most. Most shooters with dedicated servers will have plenty hosted all over. I'm playing Killing Floor 2 a fair bit at the moment, and there are hundreds of local servers that I get a great ping to (sub-50ms). Likewise, the Battlefield games have no shortage of SEA servers.

As for MMO's, I don't play them much, but I played WoW for a while on the EU servers and it was perfectly playable at around 200ms. For those type of games I can deal with a slightly higher ping.

Basically, most games you play now will likely have servers located in Singapore or even Thailand. The main obstacle to online gaming here is your connection. Rural areas, on the whole, are very bad for gaming, as are shared Wifi connections in apartment buildings. Try to get your own dedicated line and you'll be fine. Also, I'd recommend 3BB or True for your internet provider, as I've found ToT to be terrible for latency.

Thanks, yeah, I will be renting a house in chiang mai for a few months, most places already have internet so I'll make sure its 3BB or True. Do you know how getting your own dedicated line work ? Here you pay for the installation (around 40$ US) and there no contract so you pay per month and when you have to go you call them and they remove your services for free, you have to bring back the router though. Do you think I can rent a house and get something decent installed, if there no internet already, like in the city of chiang mai or close.

As a foreigner without a work permit, they usually want you to pay a year upfront, unfortunately. No installation fee. However, many houses for rent will already have a connection installed, usually included in the rent.

LoL has a Singapore server. And last I checked it had a Thai server in beta, but this was almost a year ago???

War Thunder has been running really well for me.

And as others have mentioned:

Team Fortress

DOTA2

CS:GO

Archived