Tourist visa from laos

some basic info & downloadable forms can be found in this thread >

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816477-naive-guy-tired-of-making-mistakes/?p=9297197

With basic effort to complete the forms correctly, supply photos & fees (2,000Bt 'in Baht' for double entry tourist) along with politeness handing them in you will get double entry unless problems with passport in terms of available page space/expiry or serious issues due to previous visa abuse.

Edited by BuckBee

Sorry for late reply..

Thank you for info..

I think shud be okay then .. Have already on new passport three tourist visa .. No funds at moment for over 55 .. But am here as son and grandchildren here but only allowed tourist visa ..

You can apply !

Most genuine tourists will receive what is requested.

<removed>

To the OP. As long as you don't have 2-3 consecutive tourist visas already from the consulate in Vientiane, you shouldn't have any problems in obtaining one.

If you try to book a trip to Vientiane from Chiang Mai through a local travel agent I can only assume you would end up on a bus, which would be a very long journey. You can fly to Udon Thani with Nok Air from Chiang Mai, then get a minibus or taxi to the border.

Edited by ubonjoe
inflammatory comment removed

I am sorry for my naivete but what exactly is a double entry tourist visa. There have been a serious disagreements here at work as to what it entails and how many one can get . My understanding is you go to Laos, for example, get a two month tourist visa, extend it for another 30 days in Thailand, and then go back to Laos and start over. Sorry but i haven't done a tourist visa for more than 17 years so I'm a bit rusty.

A double entry toruist visa means you can make two entries into Thailand with the visa. Each time you can stay up to 60 days and extend the entry with another 30 days. (But you must make both entries before the visa itself expires).

So you do have to make a border hob (leave and re-entering Thailand) after your first entry, but do not need a new visa and apply again at a Thai consulate. Saving time and money.