Heads Up Ferries.

I am talking about Seatran from mainland to Samui. You now have security checks for the last few weeks, you might be asked to produce ID up to 3 times.

Went today, unbeknown to me , I lost my plate off the bike. No plate NO GO..

So just letting you know.

You could always use the night boat, Rooo... no plate required for your bike ! whistling.giftongue.png

south%252520samui-16-2.jpg

Speaking of Seatran, they have moved the waiting vehicle loading area entrance to the water front road....(Samui side)

south%252520samui-64.jpg

Edited by samuijimmy

That was Seatran...

Went to the mainland on the Lomprayah. High Speed Catamaran beginning of May, checked in at ticket office at the start of the pier, as far as I recall the woman did not look at my passport, just got me to write my name on the passenger manifest, and berated me that I should have caught an earlier ferry and could not guarantee getting me to the train on time, I was checking in at 14:45 for the 15:30 sailing and my train was due out at 18:40.

Their were no other security checks. sad.png

That was Seatran...

Went to the mainland on the Lomprayah. High Speed Catamaran beginning of May, checked in at ticket office at the start of the pier, as far as I recall the woman did not look at my passport, just got me to write my name on the passenger manifest, and berated me that I should have caught an earlier ferry and could not guarantee getting me to the train on time, I was checking in at 14:45 for the 15:30 sailing and my train was due out at 18:40.

Their were no other security checks. sad.png

See my other thread. I am talking only about Seatran not any other company.Also I am talking about vehicular movement.

Edited by Rooo

I know you were talking about Seatran... I acknowledged that in my first line.

I was as you put it a foot passenger, I was leaving Samui too, not the other way round, but I still think security should have been tighter, I had over 20Kg of baggage, I understand the bomb at Central Festival was 15Kg, just think what that would have done to a boat the size of the High Speed Cat...